Good games similar to zelda for the pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

birdpoopman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 birdpoopman
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts
 Hey guys my friend wants to find a game similar to zelda for the pc since he was a fan of the series during the early nintendo period but he now he has fallen behind generations and has not picked another nintendo product. So yeah... he has a very good pc and he was wondering if there were any good zelda like games he could find for it.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
just play zelda
DiabeticDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#3 DiabeticDood
Member since 2005 • 4331 Posts

just play zeldakemar7856

He's got a point but I like to help if I can...  Fable reminds me of a dark Zelda. Um just because there's magic in it, I would say Oblivion or Morrowind I say this because it's got a dark Zelda feel. Good Luck to your friend.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts
Man, I remember a game called Outcast which was tipped to be something of a OOT for the PC, but the company that made it went bankrupt long ago, and it's so old and niche you won't even find it in a second hand bin. Even if you do find it, a quick search revealed that it has major problems running on modern hardware. And voxels. Ew. It also has a sci-fi setting instead of fantasy. The PC platform is a bit short on this genre of games, I'm afraid.
Smithgdwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Smithgdwg
Member since 2003 • 1886 Posts
Maybe try the Gothic games. Not really like Zelda, but has some similar qualities.
flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Dang Birdpoopman, I dunno if there is a similar pc game.......like the guy above said, you may wish to try Fable.  Its...not really similar but its the best i can think of. :P
Edgemaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Edgemaster666
Member since 2005 • 1686 Posts
I'd have to say the Elder Scrolls Series or Gothic, but they're nowhere near as platform friendly as ther Zelda series (at least the TES series isn't, I haven't actually played Gothic firsthand).
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

There was an online Zelda rip-off called Graal that I used to play back in the day... I wonder if it's still around?

(The game literally used the exact same art as ALttP.)

Smithgdwg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Smithgdwg
Member since 2003 • 1886 Posts
I think there was also a game called Dirk Smallwood(or something like that), which was VERY similar to Zelda. More comedy though.
birdpoopman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 birdpoopman
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts

thanks for the help guys I owe you one!

GamerGirl18231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerGirl18231
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
There is a game called "Life Weaver" that is quite similar to Zelda. The website states: "Life Weaver is a high-fantasy action game much like that of The Legend of Zelda created by BioGamer Girl founder Amanda Dyar. The storyline for the game was based on Amanda Dyar's 2005 short story, Broken Light. The game follows the characters of Celeste and Anthony Daniels, a married couple who find theirselves on opposite ends of the spectrum, when it comes to saving their world. Celeste is struck down in a severe storm one night and finds herself absorbed into the beckoning light before her. She soon discovers a most horrifying plot set in motion to destroy her world, and she is reborn into the light in order to make things right. The twist to the story is that Celeste's own husband is responsible for bringing forth the darkness onto their world through his work at Mantra Research Facility. Life Weaver takes place in a fantasy land called Herion. Life weavers are responsible for creating order and maintaining life within the land. The kingdom of the life weavers is overtaken by the darkness, and the life weavers bestow Celeste with the Pendant of Hope in order to save life as they know it. Back at the Mantra Research Facility, Anthony and the other researchers have discovered that "The Vortex" that they have created has opened a gateway to a parallel dimension. Anthony soon discovers that the holiday that humans celebrate as Christmas may in fact be a day of soul collecting carried out by the Darkness. Life Weaver is a top-down, 2D retro-style graphic game that allows you to immerse yourself into various alternate dimensions including the North Pole where you battle fierce creatures such as the Helfens. Helfens are demonic creatures that possess the power to distort any mortal's mind, making them see what they want them to. These horrible beings were once elves that became so engulfed in darkness that they were cursed to walk the earth as half elf/half wolf creatures of the night."
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGirl18231"]There is a game called "Life Weaver" that is quite similar to Zelda. The website states: "Life Weaver is a high-fantasy action game much like that of The Legend of Zelda created by BioGamer Girl founder Amanda Dyar. The storyline for the game was based on Amanda Dyar's 2005 short story, Broken Light. The game follows the characters of Celeste and Anthony Daniels, a married couple who find theirselves on opposite ends of the spectrum, when it comes to saving their world. Celeste is struck down in a severe storm one night and finds herself absorbed into the beckoning light before her. She soon discovers a most horrifying plot set in motion to destroy her world, and she is reborn into the light in order to make things right. The twist to the story is that Celeste's own husband is responsible for bringing forth the darkness onto their world through his work at Mantra Research Facility. Life Weaver takes place in a fantasy land called Herion. Life weavers are responsible for creating order and maintaining life within the land. The kingdom of the life weavers is overtaken by the darkness, and the life weavers bestow Celeste with the Pendant of Hope in order to save life as they know it. Back at the Mantra Research Facility, Anthony and the other researchers have discovered that "The Vortex" that they have created has opened a gateway to a parallel dimension. Anthony soon discovers that the holiday that humans celebrate as Christmas may in fact be a day of soul collecting carried out by the Darkness. Life Weaver is a top-down, 2D retro-style graphic game that allows you to immerse yourself into various alternate dimensions including the North Pole where you battle fierce creatures such as the Helfens. Helfens are demonic creatures that possess the power to distort any mortal's mind, making them see what they want them to. These horrible beings were once elves that became so engulfed in darkness that they were cursed to walk the earth as half elf/half wolf creatures of the night."

5 year old thread. F**king serious?
Ant0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ant0n89
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
I've never really played Zelda games, but I've hear a lot of people say that Darksiders had a lot of similarities to Zelda games.
Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

http://www.zeldaclassic.com/

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Man, I remember a game called Outcast which was tipped to be something of a OOT for the PC, but the company that made it went bankrupt long ago, and it's so old and niche you won't even find it in a second hand bin. Even if you do find it, a quick search revealed that it has major problems running on modern hardware. And voxels. Ew. It also has a sci-fi setting instead of fantasy. The PC platform is a bit short on this genre of games, I'm afraid.madrocketeer

You can get Outcast for $5.99 on GOG. It's a f***ing incredible game and everyone should play it.

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

Darksiders is pretty much a mix of God of War and Zelda, it's a good game and worth trying even though the PC port isn't so great.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Whoa there. Whoa. I know, the new ToU is a lot more lenient than the old one was, but thread necromancy is still heavily frowned upon. Let the threads that have passed away rest in peace, and do not disturb them by talking loudly when you visit their place of rest. Thank you.