Good game for a 'let's play'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -
Didn't see a sticky for game recomendations... What is a good game to do a let's play of? I tend to gravitate towards shooters, but I DONT want to do an FPS because YouTube is so saturated with them. I was thinking I would do a more tactical game, but I obviously want it to be forgiving enough so I won't be repeating checkpoints over and over (that gets boring fast). Also, please keep in mind that I don't have the best PC (ATi Radeon 3450) and will be running fraps.
#2 Posted by Garfield360UK (19534 posts) -
Perhaps do an RTS game, such as Starcraft 2, Dawn of War II. Or maybe look into Dragon Age, Knights of the old Republic?
#3 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
Which games do you have for the pc? Or are you willing to buy a new game?
#4 Posted by Farkeman (1199 posts) -
Rpgs are most entertaining LP's imo Fallout , tes series etc. just avoid linear games those are extremely boring to watch even if you havent played the game ...
#5 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -
I'm totally wanting to buy a new game. The games I have on PC are not good for let's plays (TF2, Halo CE, and I'm not making one for minecraft). I was thinking about Freedom Fighters or Arma 1. (can you get rid of that aiming dead zone in Arma 1? It's like a Wii FPS or something!) KotOR is a great idea too. Also, what do y'all think of trying RE4 or something like that?
#6 Posted by WhiteTigerXL225 (42 posts) -
You may look to abandonware games. Those can be fun. HardWar, Descent (Which can lead to lulzy meltdowns from the LPer
#7 Posted by yourmajesty90 (1420 posts) -
Too many Let's Plays for my liking. Do a humorous one of either Deus Ex, Half-Life 2 or System Shock 2.
#8 Posted by Batang_X990 (937 posts) -
horror lp's are the most fun to watch :) especially when it's blind lp
#9 Posted by Garfield360UK (19534 posts) -
Too many Let's Plays for my liking. Do a humorous one of either Deus Ex, Half-Life 2 or System Shock 2. yourmajesty90
That is a good idea, maybe do a run on an rpg where you try and get through the game with minimal shooting. I.e. see if you can actually do any of these games by not killing the AI or not following the mission progression tree and see what the game does.
#10 Posted by realguitarhero5 (3900 posts) -
What is System Shock? I see the review but it doesn't jog my brain.
#11 Posted by ImBananas (1793 posts) -
horror lp's are the most fun to watch :) especially when it's blind lpBatang_X990
What's a blind LP? Just a guess, an LP done by somebody who never played the game? Oh, that's gotta be good...
#12 Posted by Falconoffury (1717 posts) -

I don't believe anyone has done a let's play in English for Heroes of Might and Magic 4 or 5, also UFO Afterlight. I would like to see any of those games in a let's play.

#13 Posted by Angry_Beaver (4879 posts) -

I've been turning into a Star Wars nut lately, especially with The Old Republic coming. Been playing Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 because of it. I would suggest those.

#14 Posted by ironman388 (1454 posts) -

serious sam second encounter HD on serious, you might not finish, but the video will be filled with so many curse words that it would be pretty hilarious

#15 Posted by nilzg (753 posts) -
[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]horror lp's are the most fun to watch :) especially when it's blind lpImBananas
What's a blind LP? Just a guess, an LP done by somebody who never played the game? Oh, that's gotta be good...

You've guessed correctly.
#16 Posted by SinfulPotato (1381 posts) -
The best "lets play" I have ever seen is "Coe's Quest" for minecraft.
#17 Posted by Batang_X990 (937 posts) -

[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]horror lp's are the most fun to watch :) especially when it's blind lpImBananas

yep. i've seen people do blind runs w/ amnesia and deadspace. it's so much fun to watch :D

#18 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -
Lego games always make great ones. Also remember you need a good commantry of preferably two or more people to make it good.
#19 Posted by mkaliaz (1979 posts) -

[QUOTE="ImBananas"][QUOTE="Batang_X990"]horror lp's are the most fun to watch :) especially when it's blind lpBatang_X990

yep. i've seen people do blind runs w/ amnesia and deadspace. it's so much fun to watch :D

Agreed. Blind LPs are the only ones I will watch.