Good First Person RPG games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bedram793 (1741 posts) -
What are some good first person shooter RPG games? If you can don't list any new ones if they are. Nothing past 2004 or 2005. Also, already have Deus Ex. My brother found the copy of it somewhere in our house just today.
#2 Posted by mfsa (3328 posts) -

Bloodlines is the best first person RPG.

If you count Deus Ex as an RPG, you will probably also count System Shock 2 as an RPG. I don't, but it's the best game ever made. Provable fact. So you might want to check it out...

#3 Posted by stephant_6 (1758 posts) -
Morrowind!
#4 Posted by Vampyronight (3933 posts) -

Bloodlines is the best first person RPG.

If you count Deus Ex as an RPG, you will probably also count System Shock 2 as an RPG. I don't, but it's the best game ever made. Provable fact. So you might want to check it out...

mfsa

Bloodlines is great and all, but it does require you to switch to third person for melee combat.

I'd suggest Morrowind. It was a great game to begin with, but mods have just added layers upon layers of additional goodness.

#5 Posted by Deus_Ex_Fan (625 posts) -

mfsa

Deus Ex is a hybrid FPS/RPG.

Deus Ex and SS2 are always paired together, and if a player likes DX they'll like SS2. SS2 is different, some claim it as being creepier than even F.E.A.R.. Get both for your all time classic game collection.

#6 Posted by fireandcloud (5118 posts) -

the one that started it all: ultima underworld. everything else is but a copy of that game.

for something a bit newer, check out arx fatalis - not bad... you can find it on steam, i believe.