GOG Introduces Regional Pricing, GOG Community Responds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Link. What a fiasco.

#2 Posted by nutcrackr (12600 posts) -

Surely they are at the mercy of publishers in these cases? The option is to not sell game to that region or to price gouge.

It sucks, but I don't completely blame GoG

#3 Posted by MBirdy88 (8220 posts) -

Sigh tired of UK getting the shaft all the time.

buying more and more games from grey-area cd key vendors. often saving £15-20 with as of yet no problems.

#4 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16415 posts) -

It sucks, but if gog wants to stay relevent, they need to make choices like these.

#5 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

Request to ban regional pricing on GOG.

GOG has made the 2012 video of the company ridiculing regional pricing private. Here is the backup.

A talk by GOG about principles from just last year.

#6 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3760 posts) -

Well that sucks... Fair prices were the next best thing about GOG.

#7 Posted by Planeforger (15712 posts) -

They did it before with The Witcher 2, then conveniently 'forgot' to enforce people changing their regions on their profiles.

I wonder if they're doing it again now for The Witcher 3, which might be opening for pre-order soon?

#8 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13607 posts) -

@MBirdy88: blame your government

#9 Posted by MBirdy88 (8220 posts) -

@GummiRaccoon said:

@MBirdy88: blame your government

I really want out of the UK, struggling to see any upsides.

#10 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

That means I have to pay more... Why would I do that?

#11 Posted by Gladestone1 (5537 posts) -

Dont understand your government at all..Why not protest this stuff..Hell if that happen here the public will show it the bottum line with our wallets..Than they will be forced to drop the price..Sucks i feel yall pain..Id fight though the heck with government..

#12 Posted by adamosmaki (9619 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Sigh tired of UK getting the shaft all the time.

buying more and more games from grey-area cd key vendors. often saving £15-20 with as of yet no problems.

i started doing the same lately ( EU pricing sucks ) . Though aside those cd-key vendors Greenmangaming is pretty decent. It usually has a 20-25% off coupon to overcome those regional pricing restrictions

#13 Posted by Hexagon_777 (20038 posts) -

The moment we'll betray our values, the whole GOG will explode and that's the end of it.