Ghosts just became AWESOME !!!

  • 167 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

So you all know I'm a fan of COD, but even a guy like me who plays it religiously was also getting a bit tired of the same things over and over.

Ghosts released and the following things happened:

- The SP is pretty fun. Nothing special but fun like a Michael Bay film.

- The MP (where I play most), had optimization issues and I was disappointed. They have released a patch which fixes it now but still, the MP feels a lot different from Blops2. It's no more run-n-gun (some maps are), but more tactical cover based shooting now. It almost feels like they went BF style, lol.

After playing for a while I was at the point that I felt I shouldn't have paid for this game, but then I discovered SQUADS.

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/features/squads

Basically, it works sort of like an RPG.

You unlock different soldiers, you level them up, give them classes and loadouts each, and then go online and play against another human with their squad.

Sounds dumb on paper but once you get into it it's actually great fun, and it's awesome to see your squad (the one you created, fine tuned and improved) go onto the battleground and play as you trained them (ie, if one soldier's loadout is sniper rifle etc, he will play as a sniper).

So for those a bit burned out on COD and have been asking for something different, give this a go, it's actually a lot better than it sounds.

I haven't even tried Extinction and Clan vs Clan either.

#2 Posted by couly (5822 posts) -

I havent played COD since Blops 1 but I preordered this one, hopefully what you say and extinction is worth it.

#3 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

But it's COD.

#4 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

Best COD ever made, 10/10 from me!

#5 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

But it's COD.

True, but enough of this "COD is the same old blah blah blah" and :they never add anything blah blah blah"

For one Ghosts brings SQUADS and CLAN vs CLAN which has never been done before.

#6 Edited by KHAndAnime (13876 posts) -

Oh god, spare me Felipe. You're one of the worst CoD fanboys I've ever encountered in my life. I remember you rolling your eyes at people judging the game's requirements and saying the game is an unoptimized PoS before it came out. Your reply was someting like "oh, so you played the game already?".

When a Titan can run the game at 60 FPS @ 1080P, then it's in the running for "almost a playable game".

Common sense dictated that this game was a really unoptimized and crap port before it was released. Common sense also dictates that this game is a waste of time and money for people who care about properly made PC games. You just don't have common sense dude. Barely playable games aren't "Awesome" in any sense of the word. If you had any sense, you'd be complaining about the game's millions flaws instead of praising it for the few things it does right.

#7 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

#8 Edited by airshocker (29876 posts) -

Seems like this is the most poorly optimized CoD title to come to the PC. Pretty sure that's vindication for why I stopped buying the series on the PC since MW2.

Sorry Felipe, you're not convincing anybody. Game is shit on the PC and everyone knows it.

#9 Edited by nutcrackr (12635 posts) -

I'm a bit perplexed at why you are just finding out about SQUADs now.

Do you put yourself in a marketing black hole before game releases or did you just miss the information dump on SQUADs via videos and articles?

85% of the steam forums is full of complaints about the PC version, you seem to be the lucky one.

#10 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2587 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

Best COD ever made, 10/10 from me!

Thats what cod fans say about every cod

#11 Edited by KHAndAnime (13876 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

#12 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

Played about 8 matches this morning, not a single problem (just the occasional framerate skip which needs to be fixed). Played all through the SP Campaign without any issues. You just have to set up the graphic options right.

A friend of mine was having issues running it, but with the patch it's a lot better for him too.

Do you even own the game? or are u just talking because you feel like it?

#13 Posted by airshocker (29876 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

Played about 8 matches this morning, not a single problem (just the occasional framerate skip which needs to be fixed). Played all through the SP Campaign without any issues. You just have to set up the graphic options right.

A friend of mine was having issues running it, but with the patch it's a lot better for him too.

Do you even own the game? or are u just talking because you feel like it?

Are you saying that a GTX Titan shouldn't be able to run the game at max settings? Because that's what's happening. People with great builds are getting abysmal performance. I don't see you mentioning any of that in your strokefest of a post.

#14 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

Played about 8 matches this morning, not a single problem (just the occasional framerate skip which needs to be fixed). Played all through the SP Campaign without any issues. You just have to set up the graphic options right.

A friend of mine was having issues running it, but with the patch it's a lot better for him too.

Do you even own the game? or are u just talking because you feel like it?

Are you saying that a GTX Titan shouldn't be able to run the game at max settings? Because that's what's happening. People with great builds are getting abysmal performance. I don't see you mentioning any of that in your strokefest of a post.

Where did I say that? Do people EVEN READ posts any more on here?

I said that the game needs work on the optimization side of things. I have a GTX680 and it runs everything maxed fine, especially with the new patch, but needs more optimization.

My post was about the NEW FEATURES. Read again, NEW FEATURES. Geez.

When DICE went with a new engine for BF3, it had heaps of issues at launch as well. Heck, even BF4 did, but they are also fixing it.

Blops1 was nearly unplayable at launch, then they fixed it up.

Sorry I concentrate more on features and gameplay rather than something they will fix with patching.

#15 Posted by Arthas045 (5250 posts) -

With the game not launching with atleast 6gb of ram I passed on the game. I know there is a ram fix for the sp, but the game is not worth 60 bucks for just sp.

#16 Posted by airshocker (29876 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

Played about 8 matches this morning, not a single problem (just the occasional framerate skip which needs to be fixed). Played all through the SP Campaign without any issues. You just have to set up the graphic options right.

A friend of mine was having issues running it, but with the patch it's a lot better for him too.

Do you even own the game? or are u just talking because you feel like it?

Are you saying that a GTX Titan shouldn't be able to run the game at max settings? Because that's what's happening. People with great builds are getting abysmal performance. I don't see you mentioning any of that in your strokefest of a post.

Where did I say that? Do people EVEN READ posts any more on here?

I said that the game needs work on the optimization side of things. I have a GTX680 and it runs everything maxed fine, especially with the new patch, but needs more optimization.

My post was about the NEW FEATURES. Read again, NEW FEATURES. Geez.

Exactly! I don't see you saying anything of consequence. All I see is a post from a fanboy completely unwilling to admit the full drawbacks of this game. But somehow you think more features makes everything better. OKAY FELIPE! You have fun with your steaming pile of horseshit. I'm actually going to go play a game THAT WORKS.

#17 Edited by KHAndAnime (13876 posts) -

People with under 8GB RAM couldn't (and probably still can't) launch with the game without a workaround. This game is pissing in your face Felipe, and you're praising it. It's gross dude. You're a complete masochist.

#18 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

Played about 8 matches this morning, not a single problem (just the occasional framerate skip which needs to be fixed). Played all through the SP Campaign without any issues. You just have to set up the graphic options right.

A friend of mine was having issues running it, but with the patch it's a lot better for him too.

Do you even own the game? or are u just talking because you feel like it?

Are you saying that a GTX Titan shouldn't be able to run the game at max settings? Because that's what's happening. People with great builds are getting abysmal performance. I don't see you mentioning any of that in your strokefest of a post.

Where did I say that? Do people EVEN READ posts any more on here?

I said that the game needs work on the optimization side of things. I have a GTX680 and it runs everything maxed fine, especially with the new patch, but needs more optimization.

My post was about the NEW FEATURES. Read again, NEW FEATURES. Geez.

Exactly! I don't see you saying anything of consequence. All I see is a post from a fanboy completely unwilling to admit the full drawbacks of this game. But somehow you think more features makes everything better. OKAY FELIPE! You have fun with your steaming pile of horseshit. I'm actually going to go play a game THAT WORKS.

Again, learn to read please.

The game works fine for me and 2 of my friends. It had heaps of issues at launch but last night's patch seems to fix most of them. They aren't done yet.

I never said that the new features justify the bad optimization, but thanks for failing to read yet again and putting words in my mouth.

I was just explaining the new features cause haters always say COD is copy and paste with nothing new to offer, which isn't the case here since it has a new engine, and new features.

#19 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

People with under 8GB RAM couldn't (and probably still can't) launch with the game without a workaround. This game is pissing in your face Felipe, and you're praising it. It's gross dude. You're a complete masochist.

Yet again can't read. I'm praising the new FEATURES AND MODES.... READ FEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODESFEATURES AND MODES

Is that in ur brain now?

The actual engine needs optimization (I think I've said that 20 times now but you fail to read it)

#20 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Fucking hell, 6GB needed?

LOL

Funny considering it looks no better than COD 4 o.0

#21 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

Fucking hell, 6GB needed?

LOL

Funny considering it looks no better than COD 4 o.0

Looks better than COD4 (especially SP), but personally I like the look of Blops2 more than Ghosts.

Ghosts seems to have a "cleaner" look, nearly touching cell shaded.

#22 Posted by Mozuckint (786 posts) -

So basically customizable and more independent versions of the Bot squads in Battlefront 2....

I mean, It looks and sounds great and all, and I don't want to knock it down(barring the other issues with Ghosts anyway). But I can't be the only one who's peeved at the fact that companies are trying to pass improved 6th gen features to a minimal degree as "Next Gen".

Bots used to be the damn standard and now they're some "new" feature.

#23 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@Mozuckint said:

So basically customizable and more independent versions of the Bot squads in Battlefront 2....

I mean, It looks and sounds great and all, and I don't want to knock it down(barring the other issues with Ghosts anyway). But I can't be the only one who's peeved at the fact that companies are trying to pass improved 6th gen features to a minimal degree as "Next Gen".

Bots used to be the damn standard and now they're some "new" feature.

I never played BF so I can't comment on that.

Yes, they are bots... but you can customize them, loadout them and train them the way you want.

There is nothing really TOTALLY NEW in games these days, its features done before but reimagined.

#24 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@Mozuckint said:

So basically customizable and more independent versions of the Bot squads in Battlefront 2....

I mean, It looks and sounds great and all, and I don't want to knock it down(barring the other issues with Ghosts anyway). But I can't be the only one who's peeved at the fact that companies are trying to pass improved 6th gen features to a minimal degree as "Next Gen".

Bots used to be the damn standard and now they're some "new" feature.

I never played BF so I can't comment on that.

Yes, they are bots... but you can customize them, loadout them and train them the way you want.

There is nothing really TOTALLY NEW in games these days, its features done before but reimagined.

Can you do what i can in BF with COD GHOSTS?

I mean can i be as awesome in COD as i am in BF? or wil the engine hold me back? the terrible optimization? the child like oddities that play COD?

#25 Posted by Mozuckint (786 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

There is nothing really TOTALLY NEW in games these days, its features done before but reimagined.

Aye, that isn't my problem. Building on already existing concepts is expected. However I do at least expect them to acknowledge it.

"Bots have been around, but this is much different, something that couldn't be done before" or something similar, instead of just not commenting and pushing "newness"

#26 Edited by MBirdy88 (8321 posts) -

@SKaREO said:

Best COD ever made, 10/10 from me!

lmao the so called elitest turns aroudn and humps the leg of the most bland shooter franchise out.

Squads doesn't change a thing.

#27 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@SKaREO said:

Best COD ever made, 10/10 from me!

lmao the so called elitest turns aroudn and humps the leg of the most bland shooter franchise out.

Squads doesn't change a thing.

I think he was being sarcastic.

#28 Edited by RevanBITW (565 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

So you all know I'm a fan of COD, but even a guy like me who plays it religiously was also getting a bit tired of the same things over and over.

Ghosts released and the following things happened:

- The SP is pretty fun. Nothing special but fun like a Michael Bay film.

- The MP (where I play most), had optimization issues and I was disappointed. They have released a patch which fixes it now but still, the MP feels a lot different from Blops2. It's no more run-n-gun (some maps are), but more tactical cover based shooting now. It almost feels like they went BF style, lol.

After playing for a while I was at the point that I felt I shouldn't have paid for this game, but then I discovered SQUADS.

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/features/squads

Basically, it works sort of like an RPG.

You unlock different soldiers, you level them up, give them classes and loadouts each, and then go online and play against another human with their squad.

Sounds dumb on paper but once you get into it it's actually great fun, and it's awesome to see your squad (the one you created, fine tuned and improved) go onto the battleground and play as you trained them (ie, if one soldier's loadout is sniper rifle etc, he will play as a sniper).

So for those a bit burned out on COD and have been asking for something different, give this a go, it's actually a lot better than it sounds.

I haven't even tried Extinction and Clan vs Clan either.

- So yeah, just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER SPs OF COD

- The optimization is still horrible and BF style would imply vehicules, I'm not seeing any of that here. And it doesn't need to try to be BF anyway.

- And lmao at getting excited over bots match.

I'm not even a CoD hater, I quite enjoyed BO2 in fact. But this game is a step back in terms of no more ways to save the replays of your game and how it just reshuffles the rank up system to make it appear better, when it's not.

#29 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@Mozuckint said:

@FelipeInside said:

There is nothing really TOTALLY NEW in games these days, its features done before but reimagined.

Aye, that isn't my problem. Building on already existing concepts is expected. However I do at least expect them to acknowledge it.

"Bots have been around, but this is much different, something that couldn't be done before" or something similar, instead of just not commenting and pushing "newness"

LOL, that's just marketing. Don't you see MMO Devs say "this kind of MMO has never been done before" all the time?

By "this couldn't be done before" I think they meant as in u train them and they act on their role, or something along those lines.

#30 Posted by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@RevanBITW said:

@FelipeInside said:

So you all know I'm a fan of COD, but even a guy like me who plays it religiously was also getting a bit tired of the same things over and over.

Ghosts released and the following things happened:

- The SP is pretty fun. Nothing special but fun like a Michael Bay film.

- The MP (where I play most), had optimization issues and I was disappointed. They have released a patch which fixes it now but still, the MP feels a lot different from Blops2. It's no more run-n-gun (some maps are), but more tactical cover based shooting now. It almost feels like they went BF style, lol.

After playing for a while I was at the point that I felt I shouldn't have paid for this game, but then I discovered SQUADS.

http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/features/squads

Basically, it works sort of like an RPG.

You unlock different soldiers, you level them up, give them classes and loadouts each, and then go online and play against another human with their squad.

Sounds dumb on paper but once you get into it it's actually great fun, and it's awesome to see your squad (the one you created, fine tuned and improved) go onto the battleground and play as you trained them (ie, if one soldier's loadout is sniper rifle etc, he will play as a sniper).

So for those a bit burned out on COD and have been asking for something different, give this a go, it's actually a lot better than it sounds.

I haven't even tried Extinction and Clan vs Clan either.

- So yeah, just like EVERY SINGLE OTHER SPs OF COD: Exactly, corridor fun shooter.

- The optimization is still horrible and BF style would imply vehicules, I'm not seeing any of that here. And it doesn't need to try to be BF anyway: no, I meant more the shooting mechanics on some maps. On Blops 2 you could run all over the place like a wild chicken and shoot... here you actually need to take cover.

- And lmao at getting excited over bots match: whats so funny? the whole Squad and leveling up with different loadouts and how ur squad can play matches while ur offline is a great idea. Like I said, adds a light RPS element to it,

I'm not even a CoD hater, I quite enjoyed BO2 in fact. But this game is a step back in terms of no more ways to save the replays of your game and how it just reshuffles the rank up system to make it appear better, when it's not.: Yes, they need to include everything that Blops2 had plus all these new features, and also optimize the engine to run as great as Blops2 did.

#31 Edited by nutcrackr (12635 posts) -

I might end up buying this again, like I have for the previous games. I enjoyed BO2 solo, but I hated MW3 solo. So how would you compare Ghosts to MW3 and BO2 Felipe?

Also the prospect of longer guns coming back to strength, as opposed to SMG rapid-fire, is good news for me. Maybe I'll pick it up around Christmas.

#32 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@nutcrackr said:

I might end up buying this again, like I have for the previous games. I enjoyed BO2 solo, but I hated MW3 solo. So how would you compare Ghosts to MW3 and BO2 Felipe?

Also the prospect of longer guns coming back to strength, as opposed to SMG rapid-fire, is good news for me. Maybe I'll pick it up around Christmas.

Personally I think MW3 was the worst in the series. Apart from the hackers appearing in the first 2 weeks, the game just felt TOO rushed and the map design was way off.

Comparing Ghosts to Blops2 at THIS STAGE is difficult because Ghosts' engine still needs optimization and tweaks.

A lot is missing from Ghosts which Blops2 had. Some things don't really matter, while others hopefully they put it in or should be there by default (ie, theatre mode).

- Graphic wise I like the look of Blops2 more, but that's just me. Ghosts looks pretty good in some parts but it goes for the "cleaner" look.

- MP gameplay is personal taste. I loved the run and gun Rambo of Blops2, but I also enjoy the slower paced tactical cover of Ghosts (on some maps).

- As for content, more than ever before in the COD series. You have a long SP Campaign, COOP Extinction, Squads, Clan vs Clan and everything in between.

#33 Edited by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

They have already discovered that Activision reused Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 animations.. It's a joke when it comes to the visuals and graphics department. As for the gameplay, it's more Call of Duty all over again. At least other fanboy-infested franchises like Gears of War has seen actual improvements one iteration over the other. But as for Call of Duty, they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary. Enjoy it while it lasts.

#34 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.


They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

#35 Edited by wis3boi (31465 posts) -

@Elann2008 said:

They have already discovered that Activision reused Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 animations.. It's a joke when it comes to the visuals and graphics department. As for the gameplay, it's more Call of Duty all over again. At least other fanboy-infested franchises like Gears of War has seen actual improvements one iteration over the other. But as for Call of Duty, they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary. Enjoy it while it lasts.

they called it ghosts because the franchise is dead

#36 Edited by supertrooper23 (900 posts) -
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

#37 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

#38 Edited by wis3boi (31465 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

#39 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

Let me guess, you don't have the game?

#40 Posted by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

#41 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4135 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

Not really. It's always been this way.

#42 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

@vfibsux said:

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

Not really. It's always been this way.

No, I remember. Back then it was good to talk about games and their strengths and weaknesses, bring up ideas etc.

These days I guess it's "cool" to hate on games.

#43 Edited by wis3boi (31465 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

Let me guess, you don't have the game?

Why should I give developers money when they copy pasted a game and half baked it to the point where modern hardware runs its like shit? It looks terrible, has visual bugs up the ass, they lied about the requirements (even coded it to only run on higher end hardware when less will do) and are just reusing old assets from past games. It's the lowest scored cod ever for a reason.

#44 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

Let me guess, you don't have the game?

Why should I give developers money when they copy pasted a game and half baked it to the point where modern hardware runs its like shit? It looks terrible, has visual bugs up the ass, they lied about the requirements (even coded it to only run on higher end hardware when less will do) and are just reusing old assets from past games. It's the lowest scored cod ever for a reason.

So what was the last COD you actually owned?

#45 Edited by KHAndAnime (13876 posts) -

@vfibsux said:

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

No, assholes have been recommending objectively poorly made games to unsuspecting gamers around here forever. Thankfully some people are trying to solve that problem.

#46 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

No, assholes have been recommending objectively poorly made games to unsuspecting gamers around here forever. Thankfully some people are trying to solve that problem.

I'm not an asshole for explaining the new features in Ghosts, lots of people like the COD series. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't bag on people who do. I'm sure some games YOU play are not the taste for others too. Always remember that.

#47 Edited by KHAndAnime (13876 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

No, assholes have been recommending objectively poorly made games to unsuspecting gamers around here forever. Thankfully some people are trying to solve that problem.

I'm not an asshole for explaining the new features in Ghosts, lots of people like the COD series. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't bag on people who do. I'm sure some games YOU play are not the taste for others too. Always remember that.

I wasn't aware anyone here had a taste for extremely unoptimized games. A taste for CoD? I mean, even I like CoD when it's done right. Just not when it's the most unoptimized game ever made, you know?

Also - where are all the players? Trying to find a populated Warzone server is like finding Jimmy Hoffa.

#48 Posted by wis3boi (31465 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

Let me guess, you don't have the game?

Why should I give developers money when they copy pasted a game and half baked it to the point where modern hardware runs its like shit? It looks terrible, has visual bugs up the ass, they lied about the requirements (even coded it to only run on higher end hardware when less will do) and are just reusing old assets from past games. It's the lowest scored cod ever for a reason.

So what was the last COD you actually owned?

Owned? WaW. Played? I've played them all. Ghosts is a terrible terrible game, especially on PC

#49 Posted by airshocker (29876 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime: the game has optimization issues (I said that on my post, did you even read it?). No way this game needed 40GB of space. The patch has improved it greatly but more work needs to be done.

Shame that you totally ignored my whole post about features and concentrated on the optimization issues.

Common sense is that this game has now even MORE countless hours of gameplay with SQUADS and Clan vs Clan.

I guess COD added something new and all the "cool-antiCOD-boys" are angry about it?

The game is hardly playable, yet you're saying it "became awesome" because of some crap metagame feature that adds almost nothing substantial to the online component? You CoD fanboys are nuts!

I don't see why you need to completely praise a game that is blatantly crappily made dude. Nobody even cares about the gameplay at this point - nobody can even run the game at reasonable settings. This isn't something that can even be patched - a patch that increases a game's performance by 200% (which is reasonable for how dated the game looks) will never be made. This performance will improve by 10 FPS tops - they can't do any more than that. And that still wouldn't score a Titan 60 FPS @ 1080P, which is pathetic.

Played about 8 matches this morning, not a single problem (just the occasional framerate skip which needs to be fixed). Played all through the SP Campaign without any issues. You just have to set up the graphic options right.

A friend of mine was having issues running it, but with the patch it's a lot better for him too.

Do you even own the game? or are u just talking because you feel like it?

Are you saying that a GTX Titan shouldn't be able to run the game at max settings? Because that's what's happening. People with great builds are getting abysmal performance. I don't see you mentioning any of that in your strokefest of a post.

Where did I say that? Do people EVEN READ posts any more on here?

I said that the game needs work on the optimization side of things. I have a GTX680 and it runs everything maxed fine, especially with the new patch, but needs more optimization.

My post was about the NEW FEATURES. Read again, NEW FEATURES. Geez.

Exactly! I don't see you saying anything of consequence. All I see is a post from a fanboy completely unwilling to admit the full drawbacks of this game. But somehow you think more features makes everything better. OKAY FELIPE! You have fun with your steaming pile of horseshit. I'm actually going to go play a game THAT WORKS.

Again, learn to read please.

The game works fine for me and 2 of my friends. It had heaps of issues at launch but last night's patch seems to fix most of them. They aren't done yet.

I never said that the new features justify the bad optimization, but thanks for failing to read yet again and putting words in my mouth.

I was just explaining the new features cause haters always say COD is copy and paste with nothing new to offer, which isn't the case here since it has a new engine, and new features.

All you are is a fanboy. We all know this already. Not to mention you perpetuate this cycle of garbage PC ports by actually buying the game.

And it doesn't have a new engine. It looks exactly like the past games have. Still no dedicated servers, by the way. Real innovation there.

#50 Edited by FelipeInside (25664 posts) -

@KHAndAnime:

@airshocker said:

All you are is a fanboy. We all know this already. Not to mention you perpetuate this cycle of garbage PC ports by actually buying the game.

And it doesn't have a new engine. It looks exactly like the past games have. Still no dedicated servers, by the way. Real innovation there.

So resort to name calling because you ran out of things to say and rebute my points, like you always do basically.

Uhhhhhhh, no dedicated servers.... must be the worst game on Earth just because of that. Only problem I've had with matchmaking is when I try to play in the mornings when there is no one on, same problem that happens with BF4 and my favourite dedicated servers. News flash bright boy, you still need players to be able to play.

Here it is again so I can finish my chat with you and you can go on your merry way (this goes for KH as well):

Is Ghosts the best COD ever? not even close

Does Ghosts have engine optimization problems? Yes, it needs work. Just like BF3 needed work when it launched with a new engine. Just like Blops1 needed work when it launched. Just like WoW, SWTOR, Guild Wars 2, TSW needed work when it launched.

Is Ghosts the best looking COD? Nope, I still think Blops2 is. Ghosts should have looked better, but aren't you two the ones that say "graphics isn't everything", lol... it doesn't look garbage either: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3712/10685395636_f2c5c97d4d_k.jpg

Does Ghosts have the most features available in any COD? You bet, and that was my initial point which the two of you decided to detract from.