Get Xbox 360 Controller over Xbox One for PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

Poll Get Xbox 360 Controller over Xbox One for PC? (5 votes)

Yes. No need to wait just get Xbox 360 controller for your PC. 60%
No, wait and get the Xbox One controller for your PC. 40%

After month's of waiting, I am finally looking to get another gaming controller for my PC. Only issue is that M$ hasn't released an "official" version of the X One controller for PC.

I have tried the X One controller at Best Buy and I can't really say that I like it over the X 360 controller. Sure the controller looks better than the X 360 controller but we all know looks isn't everything. Even with my limited time using the X One controller it seems to me the X 360 controller feels more comfortable as the joysticks are bigger. The battery behind the X 360 controller didn't really bother me. The only thing that is better it seems to me is the D-pad, which I don't really use much. After month's of waiting and after buying MK Komplete Edition for the PC (which looks gorgeous at 1080P btw) I am getting tired of M$ waiting to release an "official" version for the PC. I want to play 1 vs 1 with my buddies on fighting and other games. I don't want to run into compatibility issues for the PC as X 360 controller nearly works in all PC games.

So, what do you guys think, should I wait longer and give M$ more time to release an "official" version for the PC and give X One controller another try?

• 
Xtasy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#1  Edited By Xtasy26
Member since 2008 • 5582 Posts

I am also worried about the compatibility of the Xbox One controller with the PC. As there aren't "official" version of wireless adapter that you need. For those who don't know the Xbox 360 wireless controller came with a wireless receiver for the PC that you hooked it up to your PC in order to have your PC communicate with the controller.

I mean is there even an official Xbox One wireless receiver for the PC?

quikdash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 quikdash6
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

There is no official wireless support for the One controllers yet, just wired. They stated they are working on it, but I don't think it is one of their priorities. I would just go with the one you prefer. Like you said, they aren't that different.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I would say that as soon as your 360 controller wears out, then you may want to upgrade. Before then and it's just a waste of money. Maybe by that time they will have released official support for the thing.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

Here and there I use X360 controller for racing games specially and it works great. I wouldn't care about XONE controller. 360 controller gets the job done perfectly fine. I have the wireless version and would recommend it.

devnon06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 devnon06
Member since 2014 • 28 Posts

Is there more functionality on the XBone controller vs the 360?

I cant imagine there is, if not I would stick with 360. I find the 360 comfortable.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Get a Gamestop version of the 360 it's cheaper and the same thing.

General_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 General_X
Member since 2003 • 9137 Posts

Probably the 360 controller (with improved D-pad). I don't like the bumpers of the Bone controller.