This topic is locked from further discussion.

humandesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 humandesire
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

(Sorry if i posted this on the wrong category)

Hi, i am new to this forum and would like to ask for you guys advice, i have been toying with the idea of getting a mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse for awhile, i did some research on user's feedback and i have come down to these few choices

First of all in general i have conclude that logitech is more favored by users over razer (no biased)

For my mouse i'm thinking about getting Razer Deathadder or maybe a logitech one(which i haven't did much research on yet) please feel free to recommend some model to me.

While for the keyboard, i haven't seen much good comment about it for razer so i figured i'll settle for a logitech one.

I narrowed down to two model due to my budget which is G105 Gaming Keyboard and G100s Gaming Combo

My budget is around 100SGD for each any other recommendations ?

Btw as you can see from the form of currency i am from singapore.

humandesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 humandesire

@humandesire said:

(Sorry if i posted this on the wrong category)

Hi, i am new to this forum and would like to ask for you guys advice, i have been toying with the idea of getting a mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse for awhile, i did some research on user's feedback and i have come down to these few choices

First of all in general i have conclude that logitech is more favored by users over razer (no biased)

For my mouse i'm thinking about getting Razer Deathadder or maybe a logitech one(which i haven't did much research on yet) please feel free to recommend some model to me.

While for the keyboard, i haven't seen much good comment about it for razer so i figured i'll settle for a logitech one.

I narrowed down to two model due to my budget which is G105 Gaming Keyboard and G100s Gaming Combo

My budget is around 100SGD for each any other recommendations ?

Btw as you can see from the form of currency i am from singapore.

I haven't done much research when i post this so please do understand and correct me if i said something wrong :P

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

G105 keyboard is very good one - I recommend.

For mouse I recommend Roccat Kone XTD. but if you want to go along with the Logitech keyboard I recommend G400 and G500

humandesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 humandesire

@PredatorRules: First of all, thankyou for your advice i appreciate it.

FYI the mouse doesn't have to be the same brand as the keyboard, unless there's like a set bonus where it works better together :D, okay jokes aside i'll check out the Roccat Kone XTD now.

humandesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 humandesire

And what about Deathadder ? Apparently its the best mice made by razer.

overhead_drums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 overhead_drums
Member since 2010 • 338 Posts

I have a sharkoon rush for a mouse and its really nice. But i think you have to partner it with a good mouse matt. Im using a razer sphex which is very nice!

humandesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By humandesire

@overhead_drums: Exactly how does a mousepad helps you? I have never been a fan of mousepads because i don't take good care of them and the sides ends up torn off (when i got those free ones from buying my computer), my table surface is smooth too so my mouse works just fine. Do you feel like more comfortable with a mouse pad? Also by sharkoon rush do you mean the fireglider ?

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By IvanElk
Member since 2008 • 3798 Posts

Okay, so as we discussed in great lengths in the http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/gaming-mouse-30970042/#42 thread. I recommend the death adder.

I would recommend you take a look at that thread for information about a gaming mouse.

For a gaming mouse pad: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-discussion-1000004/gaming-mouse-pad-30975384/#13

For a keyboard the g105 is a solid one. I also think Corsairs mechanical keyboards are pretty solid. Research what kind of switch you like and that will narrow down keyboard choices.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

If you're going to buy a decent mouse it deserves a pad

humandesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 humandesire

My posting limit was max-ed so i couldn't post anything until now.

After thinking about those suggestion i think i'm most likely to get a

G105 for keyboard

Razer Deathadder for mouse

Razer sphex for mousepad.

overhead_drums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By overhead_drums
Member since 2010 • 338 Posts

@humandesire: I have a glass desk so I need a mouse mat. I have one of the ones you mentioned the Razer sphex that sticks on and is a great surface for the mouse and doesn't slide around or come up at the edges. Just saying some desks don't like mice…or mouses…or meece...

Ohyeah. And it is the fire glider :-)

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IvanElk

So before everyone jumps on me this is just my experience. The G105 doesn't or cannot work in bios. Which if you have UEFI maybe that's not a total deal breaker.

+1 to death adder 2013

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Razor DeathAdder 3.5G mouse + Razor BlackWidow Ultimate keyboard = pure bliss. Oh I also have the Razor Goliathus mouse pad to compliment the setup. Can't go wrong my friend, you simply can't go wrong.

IvanElk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IvanElk

^^I would still suggest going for the new 4g sensor. I like it a lot.

Kopmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kopmeister

I currently own the Logitech G500 which I have to say is a pretty nice mouse, 5200 DPI (I think) very comfortable, has grips and weight cartridge and quite cheap. Also has other nifty features. I recommended it highly.