gaming pc rent to own?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by revolvervegeta (93 posts) -

well someone told me I can rent to own a gaming computer on some sites. Does anyone know a good computer for gaming that is on any of these sights?

#2 Posted by danjammer69 (4120 posts) -

Sorry bud, I have not heard of this but I am sure it exists.

Beware though, as with any "Rent-to-Own" you are going to pay substantially higher costs than if you bought a pre-built or especially built your own.

The convenience of Rent-to-Own programs always comes at cost.

Take like an Aarons Rent to Own for example....You get an underpowered Laptop from them for like $20 a week spread out over a 2 year period. That is around $80 a month or $960 a year *2, so total price would be around $1920 for a $500-600 system.

Of course that is just an example, but it is highly klikely that you will be paying much more for something that is frankly not worth it.

But these companies cater to people that either have poor credit or not enough money up front to be able to purchase. So yes, they do serve a good purpose. It is just that the end prices are really absurd. I guess it is the price you have to pay for buying something that you cold not afford to begin with.

Just be careful if you find what it is you are talking about, and make sure to read all fine print.

#3 Posted by megam (457 posts) -

I don't know about renting to own, but many companies (Dell, Sony, HP, etc.) have an option for a monthly payment plan. Depending on the interest rates they're offering, the price could be just about the same as paying cash for it.

#4 Posted by SolidPandaG (218 posts) -

Be chill bro. Just wait 10 years or so for Cloud then you can simply log into a centralized network for all your computer gaming needs. Problem solved.

#5 Posted by AR-15 (261 posts) -

well someone told me I can rent to own a gaming computer on some sites. Does anyone know a good computer for gaming that is on any of these sights?

revolvervegeta

Like others have said, just be very careful about hidden charges and interest rates. The final price could be extreme.

I understand how hard it is to not have a lot of money, and still want to own a nice PC, though. Just use caution with any kind of "Rent to Own" operation, and if you think you can do it, look into building a PC on your own from parts purchased on the internet. You can build a very capable PC for not a whole lot of money that way.

#6 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Just build a decent gaming computer, it doesn't cost that much.
#7 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

DO your self a favor and stay away from stores RENT TO OWN

Your just screwing your self, Your going pay a HIGHER cost, you miss one payment they have the right to take it away even if you only owe $1 left on it.

#8 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
I've not heard of any rent-to-own PC's but as others have said you will end up paying quite a lot more in the end than just buying it outright. Your best bet is probably to put the money you were looking to spend on this rent-to-own plan in a jar, then after a few months you will have saved up a good chunk of cash to buy whatever PC you could have been renting.
#9 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
just getting credit card for best buy i think all their high cost items has like 12 month no interest payment plan.... and youy wont end up paying no more then what it cost
#10 Posted by mep69 (1868 posts) -

Sorry bud, I have not heard of this but I am sure it exists.

Beware though, as with any "Rent-to-Own" you are going to pay substantially higher costs than if you bought a pre-built or especially built your own.

The convenience of Rent-to-Own programs always comes at cost.

Take like an Aarons Rent to Own for example....You get an underpowered Laptop from them for like $20 a week spread out over a 2 year period. That is around $80 a month or $960 a year *2, so total price would be around $1920 for a $500-600 system.

Of course that is just an example, but it is highly klikely that you will be paying much more for something that is frankly not worth it.

But these companies cater to people that either have poor credit or not enough money up front to be able to purchase. So yes, they do serve a good purpose. It is just that the end prices are really absurd. I guess it is the price you have to pay for buying something that you cold not afford to begin with.

Just be careful if you find what it is you are talking about, and make sure to read all fine print.

danjammer69
This.
#11 Posted by WyattDerp (4 posts) -
I have a friend who rents from http://www.nocompromisegaming.com and seems to be pretty happy with it - I agree with what everyone else said about the money though...
#12 Posted by airshocker (29872 posts) -

Brother, just build the thing yourself. There's an entire forum section on here that would be more than happy to help you. All you have to do is have the willpower to attempt it.

#13 Posted by megam (457 posts) -

Visiting the hardware forum for help building a rig would net you the lowest cost. Depending on your credit, you might be able to get 1 year of no interest from Newegg. They also sell completed systems. If you'd rather go with Bestbuy for a desktop, I think they have 18 months without interest on qualifying purchases.

Just don't overextend yourself. Credit has its purpose, and there's nothing wrong with using it wisely.

#14 Posted by rsharma123 (1 posts) -

Be chill bro. Just wait 10 years or so for Cloud then you can simply log into a centralized network for all your computer gaming needs. Problem solved.

SolidPandaG
I am agreed with your speech.you are absolutely right
#15 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -
you're better off paying monthly on a pre-built PC if that's the way you want to go. Rent-to-own sounds like you'll end up paying thru the nose.