Gaming Laptop Specifications

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AkhilAnilkumar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 1

#1 AkhilAnilkumar
Member since 2010 • 679 Posts

There are those who know well enough about laptops and those who don't. I need to know what are the specifications for a good gaming laptop or not a gaming laptop but still good enough for current and future games with price values if possible. Specify graphic cards and their memory as well. NO ALIENWARE AND SUCH stuff. And try to keep things moderate to high on expense but something gamers can recommend to other gamers.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

@AkhilAnilkumar said:

There are those who know well enough about laptops and those who don't. I need to know what are the specifications for a good gaming laptop or not a gaming laptop but still good enough for current and future games with price values if possible. Specify graphic cards and their memory as well. NO ALIENWARE AND SUCH stuff. And try to keep things moderate to high on expense but something gamers can recommend to other gamers.

Sounds like you know what you need. Go do the research yourself. You're the expert on what you need/want. You know your budget. Nobody else is more qualified than you to do the work.

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#3 MrFreehuggs
Member since 2010 • 1260 Posts

@AkhilAnilkumar: Check out the Lenovo y510p or y410p. I spent $750 (big discounts) on the best possible y410p. It's great, it doesn't have as many options as the y510p but I wanted something compact. As long as it has power, I'm able to run Dark Souls 2, Bioshock Infinite, Metro: 2033 and First Light all with no issue. I can run most games on High/Ultra but some max out at Medium.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@AkhilAnilkumar: I have had a few gaming laptops. Just get the best you can afford, it's pretty simple. If you're on a budget then go for ASUS. If you have a very high budget then get an Alienware. Why no Alienware if you can afford "high expense"? Alienware is the absolute best of the best. They dominate the world record benchmark charts for laptops and the new models have far better build quality than the old ones. Alienware will negotiate with prices, I got mine a lot cheaper than a Sager with pretty much the same exact specs.

Cheaper: ASUS R.O.G. Laptops on Amazon

Expensive: Alienware

iSR5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 iSR5
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Since you haven't mentioned your budget, I'd recommend ASUS N550JK-DS71T such a powerful laptop with responsible price! see this link

RDx_XacT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RDx_XacT
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts
@AkhilAnilkumar said:

I used to play on Asus G73JH. Played a lot of games like assassins creed series, hitman, splinter cell, bioshock on it. But it had overheating issues. Last game I played on it was Dishonored.

Currently I am using Alienware m17x. It's a beast. See if you can get it on good deals. Its the older version and not the current one as displayed on the alienware website. The graphics card is GTX675M.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintSatan

@AlexKidd5000: Yup. And I'm benching higher than a desktop GTX Titan. ;)

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AlexKidd5000
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Gaming laptops................

@rdx_xact said:
@AkhilAnilkumar said:

I used to play on Asus G73JH. Played a lot of games like assassins creed series, hitman, splinter cell, bioshock on it. But it had overheating issues. Last game I played on it was Dishonored.

Currently I am using Alienware m17x. It's a beast. See if you can get it on good deals. Its the older version and not the current one as displayed on the alienware website. The graphics card is GTX675M.

How exactly is a GTX 675M a beast? It's only as fast as an HD 7770, if that.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AlexKidd5000
@k3ck said:

Yeah, try again. The GTX 880M is no faster than the desktop GTX 580 ;)

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SaintSatan
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@k3ck said:

Yeah, try again. I have Dual GTX 780M 4GB SLI OC'd. I've smoked GTX Titans. ;)

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexKidd5000
@k3ck said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:
@k3ck said:

Yeah, try again. I have Dual GTX 780M 4GB SLI OC'd. I've smoked GTX Titans. ;)

And you probably payed $8000 for it too. It is kinda pathetic that it takes 2 top of the line laptop GPU's, that are overclocked just to beat one desktop GPU. I'll take the far cheaper, and better performing desktop PC.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SaintSatan

@AlexKidd5000: I have a far cheaper, far better desktop (780 SLI) Mr. Jealous Kid. It's kinda pathetic you have to point out such obvious shit to make yourself feel like some tech guru to try to put others down. No shit desktops are cheaper. Better notify the press right away!

BREAKING NEWS: DESKTOPS ARE MORE POWERFUL THAN LAPTOPS AND THEY ARE ALSO CHEAPER (SOURCE: AlexKidd5000)

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AlexKidd5000

@k3ck said:

@AlexKidd5000: I have a far cheaper, far better desktop (780 SLI) Mr. Jealous Kid. It's kinda pathetic you have to point out such obvious shit to make yourself feel like some tech guru to try to put others down. No shit desktops are cheaper. Better notify the press right away!

BREAKING NEWS: DESKTOPS ARE MORE POWERFUL THAN LAPTOPS AND THEY ARE ALSO CHEAPER (SOURCE: AlexKidd5000)

Damn straight Mr. snobby rich kid.

RDx_XacT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RDx_XacT
Member since 2014 • 42 Posts
@AlexKidd5000 said:

@rdx_xact said:
@AkhilAnilkumar said:

Only based on experience of playing Far Cry 3, Crysis 1 & 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist & Skyrim on full graphics without battering an eye. So it might not qualify in your technical world of 'beast', but yeah it pretty much excels at the games I play on with. So i call it a 'BEAST'.

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlexKidd5000

@rdx_xact said:
@AlexKidd5000 said:

@rdx_xact said:
@AkhilAnilkumar said:

Only based on experience of playing Far Cry 3, Crysis 1 & 2, Splinter Cell Blacklist & Skyrim on full graphics without battering an eye. So it might not qualify in your technical world of 'beast', but yeah it pretty much excels at the games I play on with. So i call it a 'BEAST'.

Well thats fine then. I may have underestimated the performance of the 7770, it IS quite fast, especially for a laptop.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SaintSatan

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@k3ck said:

Just got two new hard drives for it today. ;) Also not a kid, I'm the old age of 30. ;(

AlexKidd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AlexKidd5000

@k3ck said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@k3ck said:

Just got two new hard drives for it today. ;) Also not a kid, I'm the old age of 30. ;(

Yup, your typical rich snobby prick.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SaintSatan

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@k3ck said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@k3ck said:

Yup, your typical rich snobby prick.

Snobby? Do you know what that words means? Where did I ever imply I was better than you? Showing off specs isn't "snobby", especially since I haven't the slightest clue as to what you have so I can't possibly be implying I'm better than you.

I'm also not rich at all, I sleep on a mattress on the floor because I can't afford a bed frame (if you look at my sig pic closely you can see my mattress laying on the floor). I'm sponsored/have deals with certain companies which is how I get shit like thee above. If anything I have less money than the average person.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@k3ck said:

.. Does this even need to be stated? Your trading power for portability.. Can't people get it through their heads that some people prefer the portability of a laptop over the power of the desktop.. Lugging a desktop to a friends house is a pain in the ass and something I am happy I never have to do.. That being said you can get some really good laptops for under $1000 that play the majority of games out there at high settings and it looks terrific.. I own both a desktop and a laptop, and I use both about 50/50.. And depending on the game, you don't need a monster machine to enjoy it..