Gaming Gloves for Cold Hands

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by renesito (396 posts) -

I always get super cold hands around this time while playing on my PC.

I'm thinking of getting some gloves that will keep me warm and still allow me to precisely type or press mouse buttons.

Anybody have a recommendation?

#2 Posted by EchoInTheStreet (327 posts) -

Just go get some cloth thin gloves. Should do the trick... could cut the tips off, look like Tank from The Matrix.

#3 Posted by true_gamer007 (700 posts) -

Mine hands too but not to such a degree that i need gloves for it.

#4 Posted by James00715 (2484 posts) -

I usually only get cold hands when my body core temp is lower. Wearing a jacket seems to do the trick. I'm not sure, but I think your body takes heat away from your hands to keep your core warm. So if you keep the core warm with a jacket/coat, your hands should stay warm. You could just turn up the heat for the same effect (and a higher electric bill).

#5 Posted by cyanblues (253 posts) -
get a thinner weight lifting glove or just do something echo says, buy thin regular gloves and cut the fingers of the glove off
#6 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7497 posts) -

Crank up the heater, or get

this.

Better yet get

this.

#7 Posted by pelvist (4944 posts) -

Yes ^ get a Powerglove that will work. :lol:

#8 Posted by Elann2008 (32993 posts) -

Even thin gloves get in the way.. I couldn't imagine using gloves while gaming. It's impossible for me to type. Believe me I've tried.

#9 Posted by NoodleFighter (7125 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDzGjH1ahuU

use it

#10 Posted by scottahuch (1580 posts) -

I dunno, I just use thin gloves, kinda like these ones. They'll probably bother you if you're trying to play games competitively though.

#11 Posted by Spike1988 (1619 posts) -
Lol GAMING GLOVES - 'The next pointless and ridiculous product Razer will come out with and charge $50 for.' What a ridiculous thread..Turn the heater on or wear a jacket lol..
#12 Posted by simardbrad (2355 posts) -

I get warmer when gaming as I get all in to it. Plus it's always too hot in my apartment and we can't control the heat. Then I open my window and it gets frozen open...

#13 Posted by lil_d_mack_314 (13968 posts) -

What a ridiculous thread..Turn the heater on or wear a jacket lol..Spike1988

Seriousley LOLing :lol:

#14 Posted by ferret-gamer (17344 posts) -
Start a fire or turn up your heater.
#15 Posted by spittis (1875 posts) -
Start a fire or turn up your heater.ferret-gamer
Or do some quick exercise. You probably get cold hands because of bad blood circulation.
#16 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

wow, gaming gloves? just put on some regular gloves if ur room is that cold.. i doubt they'll cause any difficulty using the mouse/keyboard, but u could also look for those without fingertips.

#17 Posted by gbrading (8057 posts) -

I get cold hands because the heating isn't on high enough, or isn't on at all. I'm sure the PC itself enjoys not being in a hot room, but it means I have to sit there in hat, coat and knitted gloves. :P

#18 Posted by James00715 (2484 posts) -

I get cold hands because the heating isn't on high enough, or isn't on at all. I'm sure the PC itself enjoys not being in a hot room, but it means I have to sit there in hat, coat and knitted gloves. :P

gbrading

Yeah, that's one of the great things about winter where I live. The PC is about 5-10 degrees cooler just because of the lower ambient temp.

#19 Posted by Elann2008 (32993 posts) -

gbrading
Winter gear is my specialty. Man, maybe I should move out of sunny California and go up Northeast. I'm in the wrong location. :P But then again, when that snowstorm rolls in, I'll be thinking twice - or when my kitty runs off into the woods. Kidding about the cat, I'm a dog person.
#20 Posted by bonafidetk (3825 posts) -
cold hands is likely a circulation problem
#21 Posted by CyberdyneX22 (1 posts) -
Well people, I am considering doing an engineering project on this issue. So there may soon be a patented gadget for you to keep your hands warm and still be L33T!
#22 Posted by FelipeInside (25892 posts) -

s

Seriously, crank up the heater or see a doctor and check your circulation...

#23 Posted by DeViLzzz (2144 posts) -

watch some p r o n and go from there and then play your pc games : Z

#24 Posted by clixshper (536 posts) -

I use these

#25 Posted by Macutchi (4176 posts) -

pop your hands in your underwear for five mins. always works for me :D

or, even better, try popping your hands down someone else's underwear. just be sure to ask permission first

#26 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

I usually only get cold hands when my body core temp is lower. Wearing a jacket seems to do the trick. I'm not sure, but I think your body takes heat away from your hands to keep your core warm. So if you keep the core warm with a jacket/coat, your hands should stay warm. You could just turn up the heat for the same effect (and a higher electric bill).

James00715

That's totally true. And you lose a lot of body heat through your head. When you actually think about it as you do it, it's weird how much the rest of your body will warm up when you put on a hat.

#27 Posted by Postmortem123 (7717 posts) -

Buy some GTX 480s.

#28 Posted by FelipeInside (25892 posts) -

or, even better, try popping your hands down someone else's underwear. just be sure to ask permission first

Macutchi

Damn, that's where I'm going wrong with the girls...

#29 Posted by gamerguy845 (2074 posts) -
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]Start a fire or turn up your heater.spittis
Or do some quick exercise. You probably get cold hands because of bad blood circulation.

This
#30 Posted by BattleSpectre (6410 posts) -

could cut the tips off, look like Tank from The Matrix.

EchoInTheStreet

hahha, :lol: hell yeah

#31 Posted by Macutchi (4176 posts) -

[QUOTE="Macutchi"]

FelipeInside

Damn, that's where I'm going wrong with the girls...

yeah it's a lesson i learnt the hard way :oops:

#32 Posted by vfibsux (4212 posts) -

I would recommend tactical gloves we use in military. Check out places such as....http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/category/category_id/21/category_chain/13,21/name/GLOVES/ or if you have a military buddy have he or she pick you up some from their base clothing sales.

#34 Posted by liquidchef79 (1 posts) -
Hey gamers I recently just found a company on Amazon that has a glove called the Three5. It's from a company called CESTUSLINE. It has some serious grip and I guess it's called the three5 because the thumb, index, and middle finger are cut off. This worked well with pc games using a mouse and my playstation. I looked at reviews before I bought and someone else that was into Modern Warfare had used a pair and loved it. Check it out! I'm liking my pair!! Hope this helps the fellow gaming community:)
#35 Posted by donalbane (16368 posts) -
My sister has circulatory issues and often has problems with this as well. I would suggest thin gloves, like the ones they make for divers out of neoprene. That should allow you to play without accidental key presses.
#36 Posted by Squeets (8184 posts) -

Just go to CVS and buy a box of Latex Free exam gloves.

Those things insulate like crazy, I have warm hands I can tell you anytime I put them on within two minutes they are like clinging to my hands and sweat filled.  Not to mention they are skin tight, so it will be as if you aren't wearing them while playing, and with cold hands sweat shouldn't be an issue.

#37 Posted by ciorlandenis (331 posts) -

it was so cold in my room, i had to sit on my hands every 10 minutes, sometimes there'd actually be like a 1-2s delay before my finger would click the mouse button lol

#38 Posted by madmenno (1525 posts) -
I do not even know i have cold hands until i quit playing. I remember days i was playing X-com next to the open window in the middle of the winter. My mother called me for dinner and realized my hand where almost dead :D.
#39 Posted by Allicrombie (25342 posts) -
way to bump an old old thread.