Gamespot Benchmark Thread - The Redux

#1 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

Since detecting real clock scores is becoming a mess and since a mod is complaining about legit scores that have been validated through 3Dmark and HWbot (official overclocking channels), I'm done contributing my efforts to this. I hope someone else can come in and run this how it should be.

#2 Posted by kitty (114495 posts) -
#3 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

- Scores Updated! -

- Thread Updates -

I have added the Sky Diver benchmark to this thread, since I was seeing some interest and requests from members in the last thread.

#4 Posted by kitty (114495 posts) -

I bet it was a hassle copying all of that over to this topic. I know it used to be with old layout.

I do wonder what Dark will say when he comes back on gamespot.

#5 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@kitty: Migrating everything over actually wasn't that bad. It didn't take me too long.

I hope Dark doesn't mind. We did wait a bit with no updates before doing anything about it though.

#6 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2707 posts) -
#7 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

- Scores Updated! -

#8 Edited by kitty (114495 posts) -

@kitty: Migrating everything over actually wasn't that bad. It didn't take me too long.

I hope Dark doesn't mind. We did wait a bit with no updates before doing anything about it though.

Good to hear, if you had done this via the old layout, it would have a disaster. The old layout was a real pain sometimes when copying things from one topic to another, so many html problems.

Yeah, I don't think he will mind. He might be happy that someone is keeping up with it since he can't atm.

Skydiver: 24766 http://www.3dmark.com/sd/2203976

#9 Edited by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -
#10 Edited by CWEBB04z (4555 posts) -
#11 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

- Scores Updated! -

#12 Edited by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

TC, 3D Mark doesn't always get the clock speeds correct in their results. My clock speeds for my score were 1070 core and 1370 memory. My RAM is also 2133Mhz, it just gets reported as 1600 for whatever reason.

I just don't want this to be confusing for people that are comparing similarly specced systems

Edit: CPU was 4.3 GHz

#13 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -
#14 Edited by kitty (114495 posts) -

@CWEBB04z said:

here's my firestrike

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/3477733

I may redo the test and press run all.. but im too tired to do it right now.. i think it might improve.. idk.

I see a problem already, but thats due to 3d mark. Your cpu should have a turbo of at least 4.0, if I'm right. Correct me if I'm wrong.
And as for your gpu, you could OC it some if you wanted a higher score. 7850's are good OC'ers. So you should be able to at least get +100 on the core and +100 on the memory. That would improve your score.

That reminds me of my 6850. I got more than a 25% OC on the core. Stock for it was 775mhz, It hit 1020mhz with no voltage change. It will be running again soon in my other rig. :P

@BPoole96: It got a handful of things wrong to.
I just noticed that my ram still says its 1333 when it's been OC'ed to 1600 since feb. >_>

#15 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@kitty said:

@CWEBB04z said:

here's my firestrike

I may redo the test and press run all.. but im too tired to do it right now.. i think it might improve.. idk.

I see a problem already, but thats due to 3d mark. Your cpu should have a turbo of at least 4.0, if I'm right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And as for your gpu, you could OC it some if you wanted a higher score. 7850's are good OC'ers. So you should be able to at least get +100 on the core and +100 on the memory. That would improve your score.

That reminds me of my 6850. I got more than a 25% OC on the core. Stock for it was 775mhz, It hit 1020mhz with no voltage change. It will be running again soon in my other rig. :P

I just noticed that my ram still says its 1333 when it's been OC'ed to 1600 since feb. >_>

I'll make the ram corrections now. Thanks for letting me know.

#16 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -
#17 Edited by CWEBB04z (4555 posts) -

@kitty said:

@CWEBB04z said:

here's my firestrike

I think I will try and OC some.. but I dont want to change the voltage..

#18 Posted by Horgen (110016 posts) -

Will you require screen shots of possible OC on GPU, RAM, and CPU? Or is it ok that we just post it here in plain text?

#19 Edited by CWEBB04z (4555 posts) -

I overclocked my gpu by a little bit.. and my score increased. Im going to test these speeds for stability hopefully it does well.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/3505047

For some reason 3dmark shows that my core clock is still at 900 and my memory 1200. I didn't do anything to my cpu since it gets a little too hot under load right now.

#21 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -

I'll throw my hat in, been a while since I've benched anything.

My Score Link

Core clock
1,241 MHz
Memory bus clock
1,677 MHz
I think you know the rest....plenty of room for higher clocks
#22 Edited by kitty (114495 posts) -
@CWEBB04z said:

I overclocked my gpu by a little bit.. and my score increased. Im going to test these speeds for stability hopefully it does well.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/3505047

For some reason 3dmark shows that my core clock is still at 900 and my memory 1200. I didn't do anything to my cpu since it gets a little too hot under load right now.

Nice. You are getting close to my score with my old set up. When I using my phenom II x4 965.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/629414

Are you guys doing this through steam?

I noticed when I had the version that wasn't through steam, it most times got things right.

#23 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@horgen: 3dMark link for score and plain text for all clocks is fine.

@kitty: I use the Steam version and my clocks are always wrong. I may have to try the standalone version. I won't pay $35(or whatever) again just for my clocks to be recorded right though. I'm starting to use GPU-Z, XTU, and screenshots more now since I have been submitting to HWBot.

@klunt_bumskrint: Let me know if I got your ram or cpu clocks wrong.

- Scores Updated! -

#24 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

@kitty: I use the Steam version and my clocks are always wrong. I may have to try the standalone version. I won't pay $35(or whatever) again just for my clocks to be recorded right though. I'm starting to use GPU-Z, XTU, and screenshots more now since I have been submitting to HWBot.

- Scores Updated! -

I had the free version of 3D Mark on my computer and bought the full version a few weeks ago when it was on sale. For whatever reason, when I run the benchmark through Steam, my scores are quite a bit lower. I was playing around with this comparing the two (one from Steam, and one from the standalone. Here is a result I got from the Steam launcher: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2310735

Compare that to the score in the OP, and its a ~700 point different. These were using all the same settings, same drivers, and taken minutes away from one another.

#25 Posted by kitty (114495 posts) -

I had a stand alone free demo that used in the past, however when switching over to this new cpu/mobo, I had to do a fresh install so I lost it.
That version had things correct most of the time. But you had to run all of the tests, you couldn't just choose like you can on the steam demo one.

That's quite the difference :/ I wonder if my scores are being hurt because of this to.

#26 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -
#27 Posted by Behardy24 (2706 posts) -

It's Back!

#28 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -
#29 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -

@The_Animator420: What's going on with your Cloud gate score then? I'm currently 8th with 30404 on my old 680's.

#30 Posted by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint: I honestly have no idea and was totally shocked when the benchmark finished and showed me that score. 3DMark and HWBot accepted it as a valid submission though.

#31 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -
#32 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

@klunt_bumskrint: mmmm...... I don't think so. The official makers of the benchmark software and professional overclockers leagues accepted it as a valid score...

#33 Edited by The_Animator420 (227 posts) -

Since detecting real clock scores is becoming a mess and since a mod is complaining about legit scores that have been validated through 3Dmark and HWbot (official overclocking channels), I'm done contributing my efforts to this. I hope someone else can come in and run this how it should be.

I hope to see some of you real enthusiasts and overclockers on HWbot.

#34 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2707 posts) -

Well that was fast.

Why so sensitive? Rerun the bench and prove him wrong.

#35 Posted by Horgen (110016 posts) -

- Scores Updated! -

Well the score is what matter. Good to know though.

I hope to see some of you real enthusiasts and overclockers on HWbot.

Well if you are done... So be it.

#36 Posted by Byshop (11059 posts) -

Okay...

Well, regardless, here's mine:

Firestrike - 11211 - http://www.3dmark.com/fs/641073

-Byshop

#37 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3555 posts) -

@The_Animator420: I am shocked and appalled at you're attitude.

I wasn't complaining I was merely pointing out that your score was an OBVIOUS error/glitch. I was not accusing you of cheating or anything.

Your score was twice that of a user with 3 titans.

If you want to spit your dummy and have a tantrum, that's your right.

I am away until Sunday night so I will start a new benchmark thread when I get back and will maintain it.

#38 Posted by Horgen (110016 posts) -

@The_Animator420: I am shocked and appalled at you're attitude.

I wasn't complaining I was merely pointing out that your score was an OBVIOUS error/glitch. I was not accusing you of cheating or anything.

Your score was twice that of a user with 3 titans.

If you want to spit your dummy and have a tantrum, that's your right.

I am away until Sunday night so I will start a new benchmark thread when I get back and will maintain it.

Beat you to it. Though you are welcome to maintain it as well.