Games like total war?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by natdog112 (197 posts) -

I love the total war series. I think what i really enjoy is the territory control and management. I was wondering if anyone knew any games like RTW or MTW with the same features.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by sSubZerOo (43803 posts) -
Hmm Maybe the Heroes of Might and Magic series..
#3 Posted by aliblabla2007 (16756 posts) -

Star Wars: Empire at War is somewhat like a dumbed down failure of an attempt at a Total War game in space. That is, there's a TBS campaign with RTT battles, but that's about it. Total War is infinitely deeper than that game.

Hmm, TC, have you tried Medieval 2: Total War?

#4 Posted by natdog112 (197 posts) -

Star Wars: Empire at War is somewhat like a dumbed down failure of an attempt at a Total War game in space. That is, there's a TBS campaign with RTT battles, but that's about it. Total War is infinitely deeper than that game.

aliblabla2007

I will look into SW: Empire At War. Is it like sins of a solar empire? And yes i have played all the total war games. Thanks and please keep the suggestions coming.

#5 Posted by aliblabla2007 (16756 posts) -
[QUOTE="aliblabla2007"]

natdog112

I will look into SW: Empire At War. Is it like sins of a solar empire? And yes i have played all the total war games. Thanks and please keep the suggestions coming.

Nope. There's a TBS campaign (very simple compared to the ones in the TWs) and all the battles are RTT (the space ones are alright, the ground ones just suck). It's not like SOASE - that's an RTS with TBS scale and complexity, but it's still an RTS at heart.

#6 Posted by Fandangle (3430 posts) -

You might just want to hold off until Empire Total War comes out.

Not that I have played it, I heard a game called Cossacks 1 & 2 is similar, but seems to be a few years old now.

#7 Posted by SpaceMoose (10788 posts) -
Well, if you don't care about the real time battles, then the most obvious answer would be Civilization 4. I don't know if that's what you mean though.
#8 Posted by itachi100 (1067 posts) -

Making History: The Calm and the Storm and Civilization IV are probably the most similar. Any others, I've never heard of.

#9 Posted by morrowindnic (1541 posts) -

Making History: The Calm and the Storm and Civilization IV are probably the most similar. Any others, I've never heard of.

itachi100

Nice two year bump.

#10 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3553 posts) -
lol woah...big big bump. lol and I thought people rezing my threads was bad.
#11 Posted by Bored1812 (1 posts) -
I know i late to the party but Have you tried War Leaders : Clash of Nations it's pretty close to total war but the battles aren't as good and it is one of the only total war like game in world war 2 there is a campaign map and rts battles the campaign is really challenging and you can play as Japan=Tojo Germany=Hitler USSR=Stalin USA=Roosevelt France=De Gaulle and UK= Churchill. There is a good variety of units and it can be fun but it has many glitches. the graphics are decent but not as good as empire total war and you can buy it at amazon for about $7 that's how much i payed for it
#12 Posted by sinpkr (1255 posts) -

omg zombie thread