Games Like Torchlight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Chronic276

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Chronic276
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

I'm sure there's a bunch of these. But the Topic Title says it all. List some games like Diablo / Torchlight to bide me over for a while. I've played the usual, Titan's Quest, Diablo 1 & 2 and Dungeon Siege, but I've struggled to find some other recent releases that I fancy, so any suggestions?

Cheers,

Chronic

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Can't really think of any at the moment. But keep your eyes out for Grimm Dawn. Torchlight 2 isn't far away either. :)
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Sacred 2 is fairly recent and halfway decent.

Borderlands, while a FPS, scratches that loot & level-up diablo itch.

Avencast: Rise of the Mage doesn't have as much loot as other games listed, but it does have a pretty unique spell casting system and is very overlooked by gamers. It's a pretty good game and even has some nice puzzle elements.

Fate: The Cursed King is the newest in the Fate series...it adds a few things though is largely the same game. If you liked Torchlight, there's a good chance you will like Fate since they share a common designed.

Din's Curse is recent, but it's pretty indie and graphically isn't great. With that said, the gameplay is really cool. It's probably one of the best interpretations of old school rogue-likes into a 3D full action game. Tons of random elements, random maps, random quests, traps...it's pretty cool if you can look past it's ugly graphics.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North is like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance if you ever played that on the consoles. It's pretty good if you really like loot, but it has some flaws too.

An older game you might want to consider is Divine Divinity. It's not 3D, but the art is excellent and the game itself is wonderful. Like a mix between Diablo and a more traditional RPG.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

I believe games of the Fate franchise (if you can call it like that) are somwhat similar to Torchlight ...

Ant0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ant0n89
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts
I don't think there were any recent games of this type, other than Dungeon Siege III, which in my opinion is not even worth mentioning. But here's some of the older ones Sacred - the best "diablo-like" action rpg that I've personally played Sacred 2 - wasn't anything special, but still a fun game Fate - somewhat childish looking, but feels very much like torchlight Deathspank - it's hack'n'slash, but doesn't really have random items, different classes or specs. Still worth checking out, for the humor if anything. I've been looking for games likes this myself for a while, but cant really find anything either =/
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
The "Sacred" games are the only ones i can think of. Sacred 2 was great, imo.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Torchlight 2 is coming soon! :D
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Another vote for DeathSpank. No random items or dungeons, but the same cartoonish kind of art style, and hack-n-slash gameplay. On-screen co-op as well, if you like that.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Sacred 2 is fairly recent and halfway decent.

Borderlands, while a FPS, scratches that loot & level-up diablo itch.

Avencast: Rise of the Mage doesn't have as much loot as other games listed, but it does have a pretty unique spell casting system and is very overlooked by gamers. It's a pretty good game and even has some nice puzzle elements.

Fate: The Cursed King is the newest in the Fate series...it adds a few things though is largely the same game. If you liked Torchlight, there's a good chance you will like Fate since they share a common designed.

Din's Curse is recent, but it's pretty indie and graphically isn't great. With that said, the gameplay is really cool. It's probably one of the best interpretations of old school rogue-likes into a 3D full action game. Tons of random elements, random maps, random quests, traps...it's pretty cool if you can look past it's ugly graphics.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North is like Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance if you ever played that on the consoles. It's pretty good if you really like loot, but it has some flaws too.

An older game you might want to consider is Divine Divinity. It's not 3D, but the art is excellent and the game itself is wonderful. Like a mix between Diablo and a more traditional RPG.

Renevent42
Ah Hah! Divine Divinity. A superb game. Go to GOG.com if you are interested in buying it, TC.
Chronic276

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chronic276
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

Thanks for all the responses, and I'll be sure to check out the games mentioned that I haven't played already!

Chronic