Games like Max Payne?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlackFlagX (163 posts) -

Are there any games similar to Max Payne? The story is and narration is just brilliant, the game design, enviroment, sounds and music are top notch.. anything out there?

#2 Posted by jimmyjammer69 (12195 posts) -
Max Payne 2.
#3 Posted by mhofever (3952 posts) -

Max Payne 2.jimmyjammer69

lol

#4 Posted by BlackFlagX (163 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimmyjammer69"]Max Payne 2.mhofever

lol

Yep I already picked that one, any other?

#5 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18364 posts) -
Try the original Mafia game.. they are making a sequel. I really enjoyed the story, especially the ending.. Its an old game, but an awesome one!
#6 Posted by JackBurton (3798 posts) -
#7 Posted by Eltroxin (5 posts) -
The Punisher...
#8 Posted by dont-read-this (825 posts) -
Mafia.
#9 Posted by nocturial (239 posts) -

i'd say total overdose it's fun :D

#10 Posted by siddarthshetty (9462 posts) -

Hitman..

#11 Posted by Zillaschool (1588 posts) -
Try the original Mafia game.. they are making a sequel. I really enjoyed the story, especially the ending.. Its an old game, but an awesome one!Rattlesnake_8
Yep the ending is epic best in any game i have played.
#12 Posted by TheCrazed420 (7654 posts) -
The Punisher.
#13 Posted by pilouuuu2004 (1075 posts) -
Max Payne is a pretty unique experience. Only 2 surpasses it. As mentioned, Mafia could have a similar feeling.
#14 Posted by denter21 (1283 posts) -
The driving in Mafia is quite possibly the least enjoyable experience I've ever had in a PC game. Try the Hitman series for sure.
#15 Posted by IMaBIOHAZARD (1464 posts) -
Try the original Mafia game.. they are making a sequel. I really enjoyed the story, especially the ending.. Its an old game, but an awesome one!Rattlesnake_8
very true. Stranglehold comes to mind.
#16 Posted by IMaBIOHAZARD (1464 posts) -
very true. Stranglehold comes to mind.
#17 Posted by Delphanius (1176 posts) -

I'm thinking stranglehold...

#18 Posted by zomglolcats (4335 posts) -
While Stranglehold got mediocre reviews, I actually loved that game for the bullet-time shoot-em up action. As long as you aren't wanting a spectacular story, and just lots of action, its a great game. I have it for the 360, so I don't know if there are issues with the PC version or not. Worth a look imo.
#19 Posted by avatarcj (105 posts) -

Matrix , Wanted

#20 Posted by jpph (3337 posts) -

wanted weapons of fate: dont buy this game until you see it for less than 10 dollars, its only like 3-4 hours long

stranglehold: get this game if you like slo-mo fights! its great for that, story isnt great, but not bad. the actual gameplay is way better than max paynes (obviously, seeing as it is much newer)

hitman blood money: dark tone, interesting story, one of my favourite games ever, get it

#21 Posted by Threesixtyci (4283 posts) -
FEAR.... bullet time, anyway.
#22 Posted by firashelou (3 posts) -
hello guys, plz i need to know the name of a game old one which i will describe next : the game starts in the train, the main character wear a blue long coat and a hat and has a red eye, when u start the first chapter in the train u find people that says something about don't kill them , i used to play this game around 2000 in the network so can anyone help me plz ?
#23 Posted by ampiva (1246 posts) -
El Matador.
#24 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4074 posts) -

Why has nobody mentioned Alan Wake? It's by far the closest. It has the same writer and the same sense of foreboding atmosphere. Think a rural Max Payne and you'll get the idea.

#25 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

Why has nobody mentioned Alan Wake? Starshine_M2A2

Necro thread from 2009, that's why. :P

#26 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4074 posts) -
[QUOTE="Starshine_M2A2"]

Why has nobody mentioned Alan Wake? flipin_jackass

Necro thread from 2009, that's why. :P

Really wish people would stop doing this...
#27 Posted by firashelou (3 posts) -
El Matador.ampiva
no not el matador definitely ! the game i am talking about is from 1998 or 1999, i guess the name contains the world blood but not sure !! and of course not alan wake ! great games for Sam Lake
#28 Posted by firashelou (3 posts) -
i guess it's Blood 2 : the chosen