Games like Farcry 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by grabeh (426 posts) -

I was really fascinated by Farcry 2's sandbox environment and how you can just roam around the land and find vehicles to explore.

Are they any other games like it?

Requirements:

-Sandbox type games/Huge environment

-Transportation of some sort

-Doesn't have to be an FPS

#2 Posted by bedram793 (1729 posts) -
Mercenaries is the only game that really comes to mind.
#3 Posted by nevereathim (2161 posts) -
STALKER, only problem is that it doesn't have transportation (though there is a mod that adds it) but STALKER is still Far Cry 2's closest cousin
#4 Posted by Zenkuso (4089 posts) -

Stalker Series (FPS/RPG Hybrid)

Morrowind and Oblivion of the Elder Scrolls Series (RPGs)

System Shock Series (FPS/RPG Hybrid)

Dues Ex (FPS/RPG Hybrid)

Fallout 3 (RPG/FPS Hybrid)

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (RPG/FPS Hybrid)

Those would be the ones I'd try If you liked FC2.

Notables:

Beyond Good and Evil

Assasins Creed

Mercs 2

Mass Effect

These are third persons but are good none the less, BG&E especially.

#5 Posted by Gamerkat (1693 posts) -
I like the editor. My friend armalite and I have worked on map ideas, and our map Darkvalley v3 is the best so far.
#6 Posted by Einhanderkiller (13250 posts) -
Boiling Point.
#7 Posted by EvanescenceUK (49 posts) -
World War 2 Online: Battleground Europe has thousands of square miles (most of north western europe modelled in half scale and growing every few months) with hundreds of towns and cities that you can explore in boats, ships, tanks, trucks,, armoured cars, fighters, bombers or just on foot. The Alps are awsome :)
#8 Posted by Stowik (1222 posts) -

World War 2 Online: Battleground Europe has thousands of square miles (most of north western europe modelled in half scale and growing every few months) with hundreds of towns and cities that you can explore in boats, ships, tanks, trucks,, armoured cars, fighters, bombers or just on foot. The Alps are awsome :) EvanescenceUK

Never been to the Alps but I like WW2Online and might be looking for a new squad. Are you in one?

#9 Posted by GTZ2k3 (472 posts) -

Boiling Point.Einhanderkiller

Yes. And Just Cause somewhat fits the bill (Content wise, not quality)

#10 Posted by thenewau25 (2058 posts) -

I was really fascinated by Farcry 2's sandbox environment and how you can just roam around the land and find vehicles to explore.

Are they any other games like it?

Requirements:

-Sandbox type games/Huge environment

-Transportation of some sort

-Doesn't have to be an FPS

grabeh

boiling point but sucks hard or jsut cause ,mercs 2 NOT ATALKER its only 2% the worldmap is too small but maybe clear sky try far cry 1!

#11 Posted by CavalAnts (398 posts) -

Boiling Point (with patches)

And one game that is coming soon - White Gold: War in Paradise (Hopefully it's going to be good).

#12 Posted by nutcrackr (12294 posts) -
MS Flight Simulator :P
#13 Posted by thenewau25 (2058 posts) -

Boiling Point (with patches)

And one game that is coming soon - White Gold: War in Paradise (Hopefully it's going to be good).

both suck (with patches) they both wreck savegames white gold iv checked a beta in youtube

CavalAnts
#14 Posted by bangell99 (10568 posts) -
Crysis is slightly similar.
#15 Posted by thenewau25 (2058 posts) -

Crysis is slightly similar.bangell99

plz dude far cry 2 is totaly weapon based combat and it has a worldmap no aliens and there is a 360 degree of attacking a base in crysis there is only what you see from the pint of view you cant go around, also the character wears a suit in far cry 2 you have to heal yourself, crysis is not like far cry 2 by far even vehicles need repairing!

#16 Posted by mushroom_kid (156 posts) -

[QUOTE="bangell99"]Crysis is slightly similar.thenewau25

plz dude far cry 2 is totaly weapon based combat and it has a worldmap no aliens and there is a 360 degree of attacking a base in crysis there is only what you see from the pint of view you cant go around, also the character wears a suit in far cry 2 you have to heal yourself, crysis is not like far cry 2 by far even vehicles need repairing!

plz dude, learn english

#17 Posted by thenewau25 (2058 posts) -
[QUOTE="thenewau25"]

[QUOTE="bangell99"]Crysis is slightly similar.mushroom_kid

plz dude, learn english

you go an learn english mine are perfectly fine!

#18 Posted by nutcrackr (12294 posts) -

thenewau25

haha

#19 Posted by thenewau25 (2058 posts) -
[QUOTE="thenewau25"]

nutcrackr

haha

its he-ha you spell it wrong!

#20 Posted by EvanescenceUK (49 posts) -

[QUOTE="EvanescenceUK"]World War 2 Online: Battleground Europe has thousands of square miles (most of north western europe modelled in half scale and growing every few months) with hundreds of towns and cities that you can explore in boats, ships, tanks, trucks,, armoured cars, fighters, bombers or just on foot. The Alps are awsome :) Stowik

Never been to the Alps but I like WW2Online and might be looking for a new squad. Are you in one?

I've been in Lafayette for about 6 years but I'm thinking about looking for a new squad too. When I first joined there were plenty of people from my time zone in the squad, but these days there never seems to be any of the squad on when I'm on. So now I'm looking for a squad with lots of players from the UK.

#21 Posted by bangell99 (10568 posts) -
[QUOTE="mushroom_kid"][QUOTE="thenewau25"]

[QUOTE="bangell99"]Crysis is slightly similar.thenewau25

plz dude, learn english

Okay, firstly - your English is awful. Infact, that very sentence doesn't make sense.

Secondly, I said Crysis is slightly similar, and you must admit it is. I agree that FC2 is much better, but please don't take every time someone mentions Crysis as an opportunity to s*** on it.

#22 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="thenewau25"][QUOTE="mushroom_kid"][QUOTE="thenewau25"]

[QUOTE="bangell99"]Crysis is slightly similar.bangell99

plz dude, learn english

Okay, firstly - your English is awful. Infact, that very sentence doesn't make sense.

Secondly, I said Crysis is slightly similar, and you must admit it is. I agree that FC2 is much better, but please don't take every time someone mentions Crysis as an opportunity to s*** on it.

Fc2 is not much better at all, FC2 is average at best, repetitive and the gameplay is much more limited then Crysis. Also, a lrage portion of the map is funnelled throgh linear paths where you can only attack the same camp for the 50th time from one angle.

#23 Posted by SuperBeast (13227 posts) -
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"][QUOTE="thenewau25"]

thenewau25

haha

its he-ha you spell it wrong!

I'm beginning to think you act like a total idiot on purpose, just to get the attention.

#24 Posted by metallicadio (2 posts) -

Im in the same situation too...i completed Fc1 ages ago and loved it....and then got hold of FC3 then i thought to myself that i should play through Fc2 first.....done a few bits on my PC (only 8% through) and i really wanna play it! unfortunatley me and my girl are going away this week to visit her parents for christmas and my laptop just doesnt have the balls for such a hi-spec game...even with all the graphics turned down ALL THE WAY! any ides?

#25 Posted by ionusX (25712 posts) -

Im in the same situation too...i completed Fc1 ages ago and loved it....and then got hold of FC3 then i thought to myself that i should play through Fc2 first.....done a few bits on my PC (only 8% through) and i really wanna play it! unfortunatley me and my girl are going away this week to visit her parents for christmas and my laptop just doesnt have the balls for such a hi-spec game...even with all the graphics turned down ALL THE WAY! any ides?

metallicadio

necromancy is heretical