game like battlefield 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Serial-No_3404 (2876 posts) -
im trying to find a fps game similar to battlefield 2 that has a ranking system where you level up or rise in rank as you play...i can run battlefield 2 on every setting on low so i want a game that would run better on my laptop....my rig has a 1.8 ghz amd sempron processor, 384 mb ram, ati radeon xpress 200m video card...any suggestions would be bomb
#2 Posted by X-tract (354 posts) -
I say, go with warrock, its a free fps shooter... its doesnt look as good as BF2, but it is (almost) the same
#3 Posted by Serial-No_3404 (2876 posts) -
I say, go with warrock, its a free fps shooter... its doesnt look as good as BF2, but it is (almost) the sameX-tract
i tried it already...but it was extremely laggy for me for some reason....so i uninstalled it....:(
#4 Posted by Serial-No_3404 (2876 posts) -
heres my internet stats if it helps....i would prefer one that has a good single player component...thanks for the help
#5 Posted by X-tract (354 posts) -

ever tried GRAW? its not exactly like BF but comes pretty close.... never tried the MP tho...

or get COD4, it comes close with the unlocks and all

#6 Posted by elliooo (374 posts) -

I'd say go with COD4. It's not like battlefield as it doesn't have vehicles etc. but it's a terrific modern day shooter. Also has really good online persistence with unlocks and leveling up, will keep you going for ages.

#7 Posted by Serial-No_3404 (2876 posts) -

ever tried GRAW? its not exactly like BF but comes pretty close.... never tried the MP tho...

or get COD4, it comes close with the unlocks and all

X-tract

I'd say go with COD4. It's not like battlefield as it doesn't have vehicles etc. but it's a terrific modern day shooter. Also has really good online persistence with unlocks and leveling up, will keep you going for ages.

elliooo

my laptop cant run those games though :(....i dont meet the requirements....

my rig has a 1.8 ghz amd sempron processor, 384 mb ram, ati radeon xpress 200m video card.

#8 Posted by diako_lorddm (134 posts) -

If your LT played Battelefield 2 with it's highes settings u can play COD4 with lowest Settings /

and u can play Gost Recon

#9 Posted by Serial-No_3404 (2876 posts) -

If your LT played Battelefield 2 with it's highes settings u can play COD4 with lowest Settings /

and u can play Gost Recon

diako_lorddm
i ran battlefield 2 on all lows....and i cant run graw at all....the original ghost recon i can run though
#10 Posted by X-tract (354 posts) -

then get a desktop!

serioulsy tho, you're out of luck since you're on a LT :(

#11 Posted by Serial-No_3404 (2876 posts) -
are there any alternatives? any older games? a desktop wouldnt really work for me cause i go to and from school and lugging around a desktop is too much of a hassle. im gonna build one when i get my apartment in september but until then ill be on my laptop
#12 Posted by RK-Mara (11488 posts) -

I believe Battlefield 2 was the first game with the ranking system.

I recommend to go with Battlefield 1942. It doesn't have the ranking system but is still my favorite Battlefield.

#13 Posted by GodLovesDead (9752 posts) -

I believe Battlefield 2 was the first game with the ranking system.

I recommend to go with Battlefield 1942. It doesn't have the ranking system but is still my favorite Battlefield.

RK-Mara

Definitely go with 1942.

#14 Posted by linkthewindow (5654 posts) -
Yeah, BF1942 is pretty good, but I prefer BF2, got much better communication, ranking system, etc.
#15 Posted by jhnx3 (7 posts) -
Well if you're looking for the whole upgrade rank stuff you may need to upgrade your pc, sorry it sucks to hear i Know i have a mad old dell that can't run anything made past 1999 BUT if you're just looking for shooting and crap with VOIP and online the holy and saintly COUNTERSTRIKE is a sweet option. Some tips for BF2 though if its running real slow try stopping all your backround tasks EXCEPT! explorer.exe and taskmng.exe (its something to do with tasks.) I stopped explorer.exe once and i crashed my router and had to blow 100 bucks getting a new one. or if you have a ps2 get socom with internet.
#16 Posted by romank89 (2 posts) -
#17 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

bf2142

#18 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15916 posts) -

Battlefield 1942 with Desert Combat mod. With such wimpy specs, you're not going to find much.

bf1942desertcombatmod_5.jpg

#19 Posted by Wasdie (49626 posts) -

That's more of a modern thing. With your specs, you aren't going to find much.