Game download problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

So I downloaded Battlefield 3 and first it said it couldn't download it once it got close to 100% used Origin. Then I clicked install again worked that time, but when I went into nvidia GeForce experience to edit the settings for the game said that all the settings wernt on there. Went back to Origin and clicked repair game. Should that work or is there something else I should do?

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jr14

Anyone have this happen to them?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Just play the game.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Jr14 said:

So I downloaded Battlefield 3 and first it said it couldn't download it once it got close to 100% used Origin. Then I clicked install again worked that time, but when I went into nvidia GeForce experience to edit the settings for the game said that all the settings wernt on there. Went back to Origin and clicked repair game. Should that work or is there something else I should do?

Redownload the game again; I would also reinstall Origin; make sure you've got about 50Gb of free HDD.

If these won't work - I would either google the solution or enter Origin forums in ask for help on the matter.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jr14

@PredatorRules: Alright thank you. I think I fixed the problem. Although in game it won't let me go to my video settings. It let's me go to everything else audio, controls, key bindings, but no video. Do you think I still need to reinstall the game. I usually launch the game from GeForce experience. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Jr14 said:

@PredatorRules: Alright thank you. I think I fixed the problem. Although in game it won't let me go to my video settings. It let's me go to everything else audio, controls, key bindings, but no video. Do you think I still need to reinstall the game. I usually launch the game from GeForce experience. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Yeah, I wouldn't launch a game from external program; You'll need Origin running in the background anyway to be able to run BF.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

I would not even bother with geforce experience game settings. You have a GTX 980. You can max any game at 1080p. Ultra for everything! :)

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jr14

@BassMan: I can't even access the video settings on Battlefield 3 in game without it crashing. #bummer

So where do i launch the game from the original game file or Origin? Was wanting to try dsr to upscale to 1440p then downscale back to 1080p, but without any aa on. Only way I seen to do that was with GeForce experience and it automatically sets the aa to 4xaa and can't change any setting besides res

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BassMan

Just remove Geforce Experience out of the equation. Launch the game from Origin. In terms of DSR, you have to set that in the Nvidia Control Panel. Then, you can select the higher resolutions in the in-game settings.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jr14

@BassMan: That's what I mean I can't even access the video settings in game. The game just crashes everytime. That's what I was wanting to do lol

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BassMan

You see the Geforce Experience system tray icon on the bottom right of your desktop? Right click and then Exit. That will disable GE. Now, launch the game through Origin and it should work fine. If it is still crashing, try uninstalling and re-installing the game.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jr14

@BassMan: ok thanks il give that a try when I get home and see if it works.