Game download - Have key ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by leerichluck (7 posts) -

Hi peeps,

Really stupid question but i just bought what i thought was Battlefield Bad compay 2 with EA Origin Key for £8 via gamers247 but i think i read it wrong as i only have the EA Origin Key number sent DOH!!! so, where can i download the game for free ?

Thanks for any advice, and yes i will read the description better next time :(

Lee.

#2 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Get "Origin" as they probably told you, from EA, make an account and through that Origin client you can add the key to your account, like Steam if you used it, after that you'll have it in a list.
#3 Posted by GarGx1 (2603 posts) -

Hi peeps,

Really stupid question but i just bought what i thought was Battlefield Bad compay 2 with EA Origin Key for £8 via gamers247 but i think i read it wrong as i only have the EA Origin Key number sent DOH!!! so, where can i download the game for free ?

Thanks for any advice, and yes i will read the description better next time :(

Lee.

leerichluck

Try putting the key into Origin, once it's registered to you, you should be able to download the game. Not 100% sure though, I've never bought a key.

#4 Posted by leerichluck (7 posts) -
I tried these options, Origin told me it couldnt validate the code and to try a linked EA site to which that couldnt validate the code either, so i guess i will have to wait till monday now to talk to someone at Gamers247 !!!!! should of just gone to bloody gamestation and bought the hard copy for £4.99 new !!!! here's me thinking the digital revolution was quicker lol pah :p Thanks anyway peeps.
#5 Posted by leerichluck (7 posts) -
WOW !!! took a chance and tried that instant chat thing with EA, spoke with a guy called Siddhartha and he sorted me out within seconds !!! got the game downloading as i type, Thanks EA for some wicked customer support :)
#6 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Yep, whatever crappy business problems EA has, their customer support it pretty great from my experience. Man do I hate Origin though.

#7 Posted by leerichluck (7 posts) -
This is my first origin download spyder, what can i expect regarding your issues with the software ? please tell ;)
#8 Posted by C_Rule (9740 posts) -

This is my first origin download spyder, what can i expect regarding your issues with the software ? please tell ;)leerichluck

It's not nearly as bad as people make out.

No, it's not as good as Steam, but it does what it's suppose to do.

#9 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="leerichluck"]This is my first origin download spyder, what can i expect regarding your issues with the software ? please tell ;)C_Rule

It's not nearly as bad as people make out.

No, it's not as good as Steam, but it does what it's suppose to do.

Well actually its the downloads. The only game I own is Battlefield 3 on it, but for some reason Origin had this massive habit of screwing up downloads and forcing you to do it all over again, to the point I had to manually save my progress downloading the game because Origin would just scrap it all, say there was an error and start over. On Steam that was a nonissue and I could download 5 titles in the time it took me to download BF3 because it was constantly restarting. It might be fixed now, but I honestly will avoid Origin for my games if I can get them elsewhere because of that experience and my uncertainty with the reliability and polish of that service.

Also, no achievements. I mean, Steam just kind of throws them in without any value (which I like about Xbox achievements), and yeah its just a dumb little gratifying thing games don't need, but for a service trying to go against Steam it is one thing I really hate.

#10 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
Also, no achievements. I mean, Steam just kind of throws them in without any value (which I like about Xbox achievements), and yeah its just a dumb little gratifying thing games don't need, but for a service trying to go against Steam it is one thing I really hate.SPYDER0416
Oh teh horror. You said it yourself, it's just a dumb thing, that offers you a little ding or visual excitement when you do random stuff, there are lots of clients for lots of great digital stores that don't have achievements. If that is your only complaint (after they fixed that download problem), then Origin is better than I thought, I'm one of the people that want it going back to EADM not towards something with lots of useless features like Steam.
#11 Posted by True_Sounds (2889 posts) -

Origin is fine for what it is. EA games never generally gave achieves on steam either, but yeah I do prefer owning on steam if its not Origin exclusive.

#12 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]Also, no achievements. I mean, Steam just kind of throws them in without any value (which I like about Xbox achievements), and yeah its just a dumb little gratifying thing games don't need, but for a service trying to go against Steam it is one thing I really hate.DanielDust
Oh teh horror. You said it yourself, it's just a dumb thing, that offers you a little ding or visual excitement when you do random stuff, there are lots of clients for lots of great digital stores that don't have achievements. If that is your only complaint (after they fixed that download problem), then Origin is better than I thought, I'm one of the people that want it going back to EADM not towards something with lots of useless features like Steam.

Yeah outside of those its not terrible, it works, but that download one WAS a massive, massive issue they took over a year after launching to resolve. Plus with all my friends and games on Steam, its just a pain to have to use two services, especially on top of having to use Battlelog to play online. But it works, and its not terrible (anymore at least, I hope), and I guess that's something to write home to about.

#13 Posted by HyperWarlock (3256 posts) -

WOW !!! took a chance and tried that instant chat thing with EA, spoke with a guy called Siddhartha and he sorted me out within seconds !!! got the game downloading as i type, Thanks EA for some wicked customer support :)leerichluck

EA resorting to advertising themselves on fourms now to increase their popularity among gamers.

#14 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -

[QUOTE="leerichluck"]WOW !!! took a chance and tried that instant chat thing with EA, spoke with a guy called Siddhartha and he sorted me out within seconds !!! got the game downloading as i type, Thanks EA for some wicked customer support :)HyperWarlock

EA resorting to advertising themselves on fourms now to increase their popularity among gamers.

too late i've had too many engrish incidents with EA customer support to even take the time to troubleshoot a problem with them again. 90% of the time, they had no idea what i was talking about.