GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I just purschased Diablo 3 via g2a.com, you know the site that usually sells you fresh multiplayer games at reduced prices, now I've learned that their method is buying huge amount of CD keys, this way the can offer reduced prices.

My experience was like this:

1. you gain a token.
  2. you enter their live chat.
  3. you wait for someone from their support to join the conversation (I've waited about an hour),
  4. Then the person from the support guides you throught all the way via screen sharing untill you enter the cd key they provide you in the live chat.

As a summary, I didn't like to wait a whole hour but then again I was at number 100 on queue;

Overall bought the game half priced and I think it's worth it.

As I understood you can also sell your CD keys that you own, this way you profit from a game you no longer play or ever going to play.

Have you ever used g2a? what was your experience? and what do you think of the whole concept?

IMO they give a good fight to Steam and GMG

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By soolkiki
Member since 2008 • 1783 Posts

I bought D3 for the first time two days ago from Blizzard for $20. Seems pretty cheap to me. I don't know about the whole G2A thing. I know I wouldn't go through that process.

EDIT: I guess it was yesterday. Heh.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GeryGo  Moderator

@soolkiki said:

I bought D3 for the first time two days ago from Blizzard for $20. Seems pretty cheap to me. I don't know about the whole G2A thing. I know I wouldn't go through that process.

That's impossible, Blizzard sells it for 40$.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I have heard mainly good things, but I have not seen anything worth purchasing yet. I almost did Titanfall, but the UK release was like 3-4 days after the US release. So, I acted like a brat on that one. I always heard to use Paypal with them because sometimes they have problems processing certain credit cards etc.

I would gladly wait an hour though to save 50%.

Thief is on there now for 13 bucks.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By soolkiki

@PredatorRules said:

@soolkiki said:

And yet it happened.

Bank Statement

Confirmation email

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeryGo  Moderator

@soolkiki said:

@PredatorRules said:

@soolkiki said:

And yet it happened.

Bank Statement

Confirmation email

Wow nice, I guess it was one timed sale for the RoS release.

soolkiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soolkiki

@PredatorRules said:

@soolkiki said:

@PredatorRules said:

@soolkiki said:

And yet it happened.

Bank Statement

Confirmation email

It must have been. Because I went back to check, and it's back to $40. I happened to check yesterday on a spur of the moment. :P

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeryGo  Moderator

@soolkiki said:

@PredatorRules said:

@soolkiki said:

@PredatorRules said:

@soolkiki said:

And yet it happened.

Bank Statement

Confirmation email

It must have been. Because I went back to check, and it's back to $40. I happened to check yesterday on a spur of the moment. :P

Nice, could've saved me about 6-7$ because when I enter to Blizzard site it transforms currency without changing the amount, so I'd pay 20 euros and not $.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I tried buying from them once, and they rejected my card for some reason..

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@harry_james_pot said:

They've done the same thing when I've tried to purchase a gift card but I have currency in $ on my credit card while they've wanted to charge me in euros, so I think that could've been the rejection problem.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

@harry_james_pot said:

They've done the same thing when I've tried to purchase a gift card but I have currency in $ on my credit card while they've wanted to charge me in euros, so I think that could've been the rejection problem.

I have never experienced that to be a problem. If It was I would be having trouble with Steam, GOG and a few other places I have bought games.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#12  Edited By insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

@soolkiki said:

I don't know about the whole G2A thing. I know I wouldn't go through that process.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

I just purschased Diablo 3 via g2a.com, you know the site that usually sells you fresh multiplayer games at reduced prices, now I've learned that their method is buying huge amount of CD keys, this way the can offer reduced prices.

My experience was like this:

1. you gain a token.
  2. you enter their live chat.
  3. you wait for someone from their support to join the conversation (I've waited about an hour),
  4. Then the person from the support guides you throught all the way via screen sharing untill you enter the cd key they provide you in the live chat.

As a summary, I didn't like to wait a whole hour but then again I was at number 100 on queue;

Overall bought the game half priced and I think it's worth it.

As I understood you can also sell your CD keys that you own, this way you profit from a game you no longer play or ever going to play.

Have you ever used g2a? what was your experience? and what do you think of the whole concept?

IMO they give a good fight to Steam and GMG

I drew the line when i was instructed to download an unknown exe to confirm my purchase,i have never had to do that before so i told the guy not a chance,i still got the key and it worked fine (for now) but i lost shield protection because of my refusal,grey market cd key websites expecting you to download exe's for "security" is not ok in my eyes, next time i am asked to go through that step again i will just buy elsewhere,it does not happen with every purchase only a few, it's odd.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

good site tbh , i bought dragon age inquestion and alot of games , they charge me in dollar instead of euro not like origin even that i don't live Europe .

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

I can also recommend the site, all my friends switch to it also without any problems so far. F*** those overpriced steam prices for games that are half finished. You also get the key pretty much right away in max 3 mins or so.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@Jawad2007 said:

good site tbh , i bought dragon age inquestion and alot of games , they charge me in dollar instead of euro not like origin even that i don't live Europe .

Yeah, I'm angry as well about those things, that's probably the main reason I buy from their site.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Used them a lot, about 15 of my steam games are from G2a, never had a bad transaction.

Normally it processes for 5 minutes then links me to steam, when I sign in the game gets gifted to me from a random user ?

Also one of these users messaged me and asked why I added him as a friend, suggesting he didn't know he was gifting the game.

I've also had the live chat method, and sometimes just a key to copy and paste into steam myself, all techniques have worked fine.

The gifting way seemed a little strange

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GeryGo  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

Used them a lot, about 15 of my steam games are from G2a, never had a bad transaction.

Normally it processes for 5 minutes then links me to steam, when I sign in the game gets gifted to me from a random user ?

Also one of these users messaged me and asked why I added him as a friend, suggesting he didn't know he was gifting the game.

I've also had the live chat method, and sometimes just a key to copy and paste into steam myself, all techniques have worked fine.

The gifting way seemed a little strange

You've probably bought the game from a private person that sold the game very cheap, now he might got the key from a GPU he bought and didn't want the game or already had it.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@PredatorRules: makes sense

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#20 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

I wish i could get find this game for 20 dollars. $40 doesn't seem worth it to me since i'm not a huge diablo fan... but i think i'd probably like it a bit since i haven't played many hack and slash games for a while.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeryGo  Moderator

@Old_Gooseberry said:

I wish i could get find this game for 20 dollars. $40 doesn't seem worth it to me since i'm not a huge diablo fan... but i think i'd probably like it a bit since i haven't played many hack and slash games for a while.

You've missed Blizzard sales, 20$ for the original D3 and 20$ for the expansion