Free to play hack 'n' slash rpgs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elegysix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elegysix
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello everyone, I've been playing a lot of different games on facebook recently, but I'd really like to find a good solid hack 'n' slash or action rpg - which doesn't have energy or cooldown times like in 95% of all the games on facebook, or requires you to add friends to complete quests. :( Does anyone know of any games like this, either on facebook or just online? It doesn't have to be MMO, I'd be fine with just single player. :/ I'm a big diablo fan, loving the fast paced- action packed - loads of loot with in-depth character development. Free to play is a must. I prefer 2d or 2.5d like diablo because I've only got 1 gig of ram on windows vista lol. I don't care about graphics as much as I do the style of gameplay. There was a game on xbox arcade called epic dungeon which I really liked, and the graphics looked like an NES game. I don't care for building cities or empires and all that... I've had enough of that with zynga's games. I just want a game where I have a hero and I kill lots of S*** and level up and find gear / upgrade it, eventually become ridiculously overpowered and I can play it as long as my heart desires. :D Did I mention it needs to be free? :) thanks for any suggestions, austin
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I know u want it to be FREE but TORCHLIGHT and TITAN QUEST are really cheap these days and AWESOME Games.... Runescape? Not really action RPG but FREE and good (according to some)
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Just did a Google andfound

http://www.onrpg.com

elegysix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elegysix

Just did a Google andfound http://www.onrpg.com

CUDGEdave
been there. haven't posted on it, but I will if I don't get many suggestions here
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Path of Exile is an upcoming free to play online only action rpg. I think it's in beta right now, so you could try and get into that.

SickStench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SickStench
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

Path of Exile is an upcoming free to play online only action rpg. I think it's in beta right now, so you could try and get into that.

cain006

Try Dead Frontier. www.deadfrontier.com You can level until your heart desires and loot throughout the city, and find weapons\food\ammo. It's a survival zombie MMORPG and it's completely free. Of course like all free MMO games it has things that you can pay for, which are ridiculously overpriced I might add.

elegysix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elegysix
dead frontier is pretty sweet so far, thanks for the suggestion
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
Sacred 1-2 and Mythos also comes to my mind. Mythos is F2P, I was in the beta and it was a great game, but they multiplied the required xp by 3 at released turning the game into a complete grind fest so everyone left. I don't know if it's still the case, they might have fixed it seeing everyone left. I know they released more content lately.
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

cain006

This ^^, Im in the beta right now and its a very promising game, though they still have to work on it,.

LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

cain006

It looks good, wish I could play it.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

I know u want it to be FREE but TORCHLIGHT and TITAN QUEST are really cheap these days and AWESOME Games.... Runescape? Not really action RPG but FREE and good (according to some)FelipeInside

This, you can get Titan Quest Gold for under $10 including shipping.

Or Torchlight is $20, but I am sure you can get it on sale sometime!