FREE Diablo like games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by alma996 (86 posts) -

I just got a new laptop recently and I want to be able to play games without having to worry if I have internet or not. It isn't good (seeing that I got it for $100 at a garage sale) and I'm looking for a free game with basically the same platform as diablo. I have 512RAM and 16 video RAM, or whatever you call it I'm not too good with computer :P

#2 Posted by Anthony01355 (1486 posts) -

Wow those are some ancient specs. I would suggest Baldur's Gate, Planescape, Sacred 1.

#3 Posted by ZuluEcho14 (8225 posts) -

Wow those are some ancient specs. I would suggest Baldur's Gate, Planetscape, Sacred 1.

Anthony01355
Are words written in capslock invisible to you?
#4 Posted by Anthony01355 (1486 posts) -

[QUOTE="Anthony01355"]

Wow those are some ancient specs. I would suggest Baldur's Gate, Planetscape, Sacred 1.

ZuluEcho14

Are words written in capslock invisible to you?

I see my bad. I always misinterpret free with crap.

#5 Posted by maingon2004 (551 posts) -

wow, at 100 bucks sounds like you didnt get a good deal. Those specs are pretty low

#6 Posted by FelipeInside (26199 posts) -

I just got a new laptop recently and I want to be able to play games without having to worry if I have internet or not. It isn't good (seeing that I got it for $100 at a garage sale) and I'm looking for a free game with basically the same platform as diablo. I have 512RAM and 16 video RAM, or whatever you call it I'm not too good with computer :P

alma996
ehh.... throw that thing out the window, and you will feel better. Anyway, if you REALLY want to play a game with that.... my brain can explode before I can think of a FREE diablo clone....
#8 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -

Dink Smallwood - humorous game that should entertain for a few hours; free

#9 Posted by Nemesis821 (1720 posts) -

Well... the only 'free' Diablo like game I can think of is Dungeon Runners but you need to have an internet connection to play this. Without one the only other one that I actually enjoyed was Titan Quest, but I do not know if your laptop can run it (highly doubt it). Why not just go buy Diablo?

#10 Posted by dannenissan2 (1890 posts) -
So , you want a Free game that's diablo like and no internet connection hmm ... your possibilites are near Zero . Just buy Diablo , if you coughed up 100$ for that crappy computer you should be able to pay 10$ for diablo .
#11 Posted by alma996 (86 posts) -

For everyone who said this is a pieace of junk, it's a laptop lol. They sell laptops for $400 just for browsing the internet. I have Diablo but I just want a taste of something else.

#12 Posted by slyr114 (736 posts) -

For everyone who said this is a pieace of junk, it's a laptop lol. They sell laptops for $400 just for browsing the internet. I have Diablo but I just want a taste of something else.

alma996
it is a pos fyi, u should just saved another 150 or 100 and got a netbook, even a bottom of the line netbook at 200 or 250 would blow trhat thing away
#13 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -

it is a pos fyi, u should just saved another 150 or 100 and got a netbook, even a bottom of the line netbook at 200 or 250 would blow trhat thing awayslyr114
A bottom of the line netbook would probably be about the same, performance-wise... leave the poor guy alone. lol, who wants the fact that the wasted some money rubbed in?

#14 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23838 posts) -

alma996
Dude that thing is horrible, it's 10years+ old tech. It's not just a laptop, I have a 13.3 in laptop that is about 20x faster than that. It has a t8100 2.1 ghz c2d, 4 gigs of ram, and a 8400mgs. Yes I am showing off, in saying you bought a piece of garbage, it's not worth 100 dollars, not even close. Sorry about being mean ::( but it's true :(
#15 Posted by alma996 (86 posts) -

Well it's really quick on the web and I hope to save up like $140 and see if I can upgrade it to a better video RAM. If so then I should be able to play most of the games, atleast at minimum performance, out there.

#16 Posted by jedinat (3560 posts) -

Well it's really quick on the web and I hope to save up like $140 and see if I can upgrade it to a better video RAM. If so then I should be able to play most of the games, atleast at minimum performance, out there.

alma996
No you won't. Don't bother upgrading it for games. Seriously, don't. If you want to play games stick to older ones, like old isometric RPGs or classic adventure games.
#17 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23838 posts) -

alma996
You can't upgrade videoram.
#18 Posted by thusaha (14495 posts) -

Divine Divinity.

#19 Posted by jrabbit99 (2835 posts) -
i think you could have gotten a better deal by buying a netbook. Those specs are ancient. Just hold in their though for a few more moths then you'll be able to play Cysis fully maxed out w/ OnLive
#20 Posted by dannenissan2 (1890 posts) -
You cannot upgrade laptops so you're stuck with that . I'd try to sell it back for 100$ which i don't think you'll get . You'll probably get something around 20-80$