for u guys who have vista

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TobyA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TobyA
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts
is it worth it? are there that many new features? is it cool? some basic info on it would be cool because i am a little interested in buying it if it is truly worth it. thanks alot guys!
vanadiel242424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vanadiel242424
Member since 2004 • 1795 Posts
defintly worth it, but not if u have WoW or FFxi cause lots of problems with it still. also gameing takes a little hit if u get 64 bit version cause of lack of drivers, i would say BUY the home premium u wont wanna go bac
JoebloSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JoebloSS
Member since 2003 • 532 Posts
I don't really think it's anything that special.  It has a few new features, and a fancy new look, but that's about it.  At this point I don't think it's worth it.  Oh, and the drivers are terrible right now.  Buy it when DX10 games start hitting. 
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
I heard Driver support for Cards and games with vista is really lacking at least with nvidia, not sure how ATI is doing but if your planning on doing an upgrade wait till Spring Summer.
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 KSlater85
Member since 2003 • 19738 Posts
[QUOTE="vanadiel242424"]defintly worth it, but not if u have WoW or FFxi cause lots of problems with it still. also gameing takes a little hit if u get 64 bit version cause of lack of drivers, i would say BUY the home premium u wont wanna go bac

WTF? you like vista? good heavens... Are you smoking something? It looks pretty but it's drivers suck. It's very insecure (worse then XP) UAC is annoying as ^(%*&^ and it's full of bugs (x86 or x64) I beta tested both but choose x64 for final installation. While it works... I do not recommend upgrading to it unless you need DX 10. If you can live with XP do so as it's much better. Or cleaner/faster all that stuff..
frost_mourne13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frost_mourne13
Member since 2006 • 1615 Posts
ok, i think i can tell that kslater85 doesn't like Vista. *calls up microsoft and asks for the 'beta tester killer department'* lol
KSlater85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 KSlater85
Member since 2003 • 19738 Posts
[QUOTE="frost_mourne13"]ok, i think i can tell that kslater85 doesn't like Vista. *calls up microsoft and asks for the 'beta tester killer department'* lol

LOL. actually I can say a lot of good about the Beta team.. They fixed a lot of problems I complained about... Except the UAC (that was a security "feature"). They were a pleasure to work with this time around (as compared to XP). Unfortunately.... It seems being good to work with and fixing bugs promptly have nothing at all to do with releasing a good OS. :P