Flash games on new pc really choppy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dewc1 (694 posts) -

Anyone know why a flash game (Bejewelled on Facebook) would slow down and get choppy? The game is okay until the screen has alot going on at once, then it gets really choppy. The game works perfectly on our laptop (weaker system). They are both HP computers.

Desktop

C2D 2.93GHz

3GB Ram

intell G33 video card (integrated)-could be the problem, but I would not think a flash game would slow it down -as I play Star Wars Battlefront on it fine)

Vista 64 (also different OS)

Laptop

AMD Turion 60 (not sure speed maybe 2.2ghz)

2GB Ram

Nvidia Gforce 6150

Visat 32 Home premium.

Any ideas?

#2 Posted by UltimateGamer95 (4720 posts) -

Intel Graphics = a lot of problems, frustration, and poor performance.

#3 Posted by Slig0 (2072 posts) -

UltimateGamer95

Yup.

#4 Posted by dared3vil0 (1254 posts) -

[QUOTE="UltimateGamer95"]

Slig0

Yup.

It;s a pre-built... WITH Intel graphics, 2 strikes already!
#5 Posted by dewc1 (694 posts) -

I know, but I can't complain. I won the PC through Slickdeals.net. Do you think If I placed a new video card in, it would fix the slowdown issure? I have been looking at video cards for awhile now, but since i only have a 250 watt power supply (with only 14A on the +12V rail, I am having difficulty finding one that will work. I really don't want to replace the power supply and everything, because it may void the 1 year warranty.

The odd thing is, my other games run surprisingly well. I play Star Wars Battlefront 1, Empire at War (on lower settings), Commnad and Conquer Generals and Zero hour, Battlefield 1942, etc. It does not make any sense why a simple flash version of Bejewelled would slow down due to the video card, while I run these 3d games fairly well.

#6 Posted by UltimateGamer95 (4720 posts) -

Anyone know why a flash game (Bejewelled on Facebook) would slow down and get choppy? The game is okay until the screen has alot going on at once, then it gets really choppy. The game works perfectly on our laptop (weaker system). They are both HP computers.

Desktop

C2D 2.93GHz

3GB Ram

intell G33 video card (integrated)-could be the problem, but I would not think a flash game would slow it down -as I play Star Wars Battlefront on it fine)

Vista 64 (also different OS)

Laptop

AMD Turion 60 (not sure speed maybe 2.2ghz)

2GB Ram

Nvidia Gforce 6150

Visat 32 Home premium.

Any ideas?

dewc1

Add yourself a PCI express video card good friend. I would recommend a 9400 GT or an ATI 4650 since your power supply is 250 watts.

#7 Posted by belboz (1548 posts) -

Make sure you have the lastest version of flash.

#8 Posted by fynne (8078 posts) -

Also check how much free space you have on the hard drive. You might need to free some up. As long as you're at it you might want to do a defrag on the hard drive.

#9 Posted by dewc1 (694 posts) -

I have 361GB of space left on a 500 GB drive. Where do I go to get the latest flash upgrade?

#10 Posted by belboz (1548 posts) -

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/