Final Fantasy free for a while

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58928 Posts

For the next 2 or so weeks you can play the game free up to level 20.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-31-pc-version-of-final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborn-goes-free-for-14-days

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I couldn't play that game for more then a few hours. The starting areas are so painfully boring and lifeless.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@JangoWuzHere said:

I couldn't play that game for more then a few hours. The starting areas are so painfully boring and lifeless.

Yea I can agree with you. I had the game, played the starting areas and generally thought "**** this".

Then after a few months I came back and gave it another try. It gets a lot better my friend. Probably the best crafting system i'v seen in a game, ever. Really impressive.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. Really been wanting to give this a try since I don't like the direction WoW is taking with it's next expansion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

This is gonna sound stupid but I just couldn't get used to the map in the game and it actually put me off it, lol...

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

ewww MMOs...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 uninspiredcup  Online

@FelipeInside said:

This is gonna sound stupid but I just couldn't get used to the map in the game and it actually put me off it, lol...

Yes. The map is shit and is highly unintuitive. Surprised given all the feedback and fixes they introduced this was never fixed. I got lost a couple of times, not because the game is massive or complicated, just that the map done a very shit job of showing where exactly to go.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I thought this was a pretty good MMO, I didn't stick with it because I couldn't find a good guild or friends to play with. Other than that I thought it was great.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 uninspiredcup  Online

Yes while the game has a few outright bad design decisions it also has some nice ones.

When I play dungeon runs in World Of Warcraft, the player are incredibly rude and self centered. Here, with the player commendation system, the player is rewarded for actually not being a huge dong.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Yea I can agree with you. I had the game, played the starting areas and generally thought "**** this".

Then after a few months I came back and gave it another try. It gets a lot better my friend. Probably the best crafting system i'v seen in a game, ever. Really impressive.

Better than SWG?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@blutfahne said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Better than SWG?

Never played that. But in Realm Reborn crafting is actually a class, with Armour, stats, leveling up storyline and quests. One of the rare cases in which it doesn't feel like a chore.

Same with your subclass (job) as well. Once the payer hits a certian level (30 I think) they can take a job, which allows them to meld classes. being (hu hu hu) uninspired, I went with the most boring and obviose class possible, a paladin. But you can basically meld whatever classes you like apparently. When I went from a Warrior to a Paladin as well to my surprised a whole new sub-quest line opened up about some rebel Paladin with cutscenes (not voiced granted but at least it's story-telling).

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@blutfahne said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

Better than SWG?

Never played that. But in Realm Reborn crafting is actually a class, with Armour, stats, leveling up storyline and quests. One of the rare cases in which it doesn't feel like a chore.

Same with your subclass (job) as well. Once the payer hits a certian level (30 I think) they can take a job, which allows them to meld classes. being (hu hu hu) uninspired, I went with the most boring and obviose class possible, a paladin. But you can basically meld whatever classes you like apparently. When I went from a Warrior to a Paladin as well to my surprised a whole new sub-quest line opened up about some rebel Paladin with cutscenes (not voiced granted but at least it's story-telling).

Doesn't sound too bad. Sounds at least like they're trying.

SWG before Sony messed it up had the greatest crafting system ever. I have tried many mmo and they are all shit compared. In SWG you survey the ground to mine resources with extractors. All the resources were randomized by planet and it truly was a deep complex ever-changing system. Players made everything and it was for sure the best. There was no quest that would net you a jetpack or guild hall, you had to build it and it was not easy or cheap.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 uninspiredcup  Online

The other thing worth mentioning, you get what are essentially bite sized grouping. If you only have a half hour to spare you can fight primals (which are essentially single bosses) or guildhiests which are mini dungeons. Can be done in about 10-15 minutes.