This topic is locked from further discussion.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

What's your favorite MMO out right now? I'm playing some Wow, but I'm open to alternatives. ESO should be pretty good eh?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Tera is the only themepark mmorpg I like. You can really set yourself apart in the pvp due to the action oriented gameplay(you have to aim).

Of course it's pay2fun... not in game money, you need a super computer to play the game with proper fps.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

If I had to play one I'd pick ESO. The beta weekends were entertaining. I've tried most out now and nothing has held my interest.

Kedisr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kedisr
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I played WoW from 2004 to 2010, before that it was FFXI, but WoW had that special feeling back then. I miss those days. Whoah almost 10 years ago this november.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

LotrO

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The only MMO I've ever played is ESO and I enjoyed the beta weekends.

frnk55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 frnk55
Member since 2010 • 260 Posts

Lotro

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

The best "modern" MMORPG?

None, they're all kind of the same and they all kind of suck.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

One of my favourite MMO's is Star Trek Online, I started playing that when it went F2P and I've been really impressed with the amount of content they have put into that game after it's fairly terrible launch.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#10  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

GW2 with a few caveats. I really enjoy the combat, the level of customization and the rather challenging dungeons. I probably put 350 hours into it minimum. But with no PvE endgame there isn't much to do at the level cap unless you like organized PvP. I would say it is the most polished of any recent MMO, way more so than what I have played of Wildstar and TESO.

Old school MMO would have to be Anarchy Online. If Funcom made a sequel I would definitely be interested.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#11  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@-wildflower- said:

The best "modern" MMORPG?

None, they're all kind of the same and they all kind of suck.

Pretty much this. GW2 and Rift are the only two I managed any significant time in at all. Rift has slowly destroyed itself from the inside out and GW2 just is not fun after you have experienced the leveling to max a time or two. World vs. world gets old after a while, same old crap over and over and over. WoW just decimated this genre. I really hope Camelot Unchained is the 2nd coming of Daoc and not another WoW clone.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Pre-CU SWG.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Everquest 1.

Runner up: Guild Wars 2.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Final Fantasy 14, or Guild Wars 2

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I have played a lot of Tera, Rift and a bit of Guild Wars 2... Apart from grinding for loot they are all borderline mediocre games, i.e. the missions, level design and game play for the games would be laughed at if they weren't MMO's but because they are MMO's peoples standards are lowered drastically.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

My absolute fav of all time is pre-carebear Ultima Online. It's the only MMO I've ever seen where you can progress and have fun and never have to pick up a weapon.

Hell, the stories I could tell. My toon was a miner/blacksmith who eventually worked up the money to own his own shop, and being one of the first people to drop a shop down I got a primo location right behind the Inn at the entrance to the town of Yew. I just loved contracting work from guilds to make their weapons and armor. The only fighting I ever did was when I would get jumped while mining, and being a miner/blacksmith I was incredibly strong and managed to kill my fair share of PVP wannabes.

Then people started complaining and they introduced that stupid Krama shit, made all kinds of care bear changes etc., and of course the macroers. Game when to shit. But there at the dawn, it was so bright. It's too bad everyone follows the EQ formula, UO really had a lot of great ideas that just needed to be implemented better.

Currently playing GW2, but only casually. I've never gotten into an MMO like I did the early days of UO.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

my favourite mmo for the last couple years has been TERA. But i don't play it every day, just whenever. Its free so theres no pressure for me to log in, just if I want to play a bit... like most MMOS though you will eventually max out and get bored.

Its hard to recommend a mmo, everyone likes different things. I'm more a casual player so i kinda like a game i can log in and play a few minutes and just relax.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I tried WoW once... Didn't like. Only MMO I have tried so it currently hold all the awards I have for MMOs. :P

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Asheron's Call is memorable to me, I had tons of fun with World of Warcraft right before the Burning Crusade, and DC Universe Online while short was still entertaining. But currently I'm all about The Elder Scrolls Online.

Avatar image for GamingVengeance
GamingVengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamingVengeance
Member since 2012 • 1874 Posts

Darkfall

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

WoW would have to be my favorite followed closely by FFXI. FFXIV is great as well. I know this is not an MMO, but Smite looks like it might be pretty cool. Going to try it out tonight.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Guild Was 1 is my all time favorite but 2 is my current favorite.

amalager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 amalager
Member since 2014 • 121 Posts

My faves would be:

1. Ragnarok Online--this is the very first mmorpg I've played and I'm still playing this game at this point in time.

2. Pangya!--I like playing fantasy golf with awesome characters and great shots but I guess not all players enjoy golf.

3. Freestyle Online--Also a sport-themed MMO, I like this game for its moves and unique feel.

4. Dragon Nest--I like the fast-paced action of this game.

5. Eclipse War--recent one I've tried. So far I like this game for its Transformation Card Feature. The next OBT period is set on the later part of April. I'd like to see what changes they made.