Favorite drinking games to play with friends?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Does anyone here have any favorite drinking games to play with friends? I can't be the only one here who does this. Here's what I have in my rotation...

Counter-Strike GO: Switch turns on death or round end. If you killed no one, you must drink. For every 3 consecutive kills you get within a life, everyone else must drink (I consider these the standard rules). If you successfully plant the bomb or rescue hostages, everyone else must drink. If your attempt fails, you must drink.

Mount & Blade Warband: Standard rules, played on Siege. If you're primary flag capper, everyone else must drink.

NFL Blitz: Drink if you fumble the ball resulting in a turn over, or if you lose the ball on 4th down. Drink if you're scored on.

Chivalry: Duel mode. Switch on every opponent. Drink if you lose, drink if you win 3 times in a row.

Red Orchestra 2: Standard rules.

I think what makes a good drinking game is having the ability to compete in short bursts, directly or indirectly, while maintaining steady drinking (without being excessive). It's better if the rounds are tense, and if you can crap-talk your opponents. Also, I like to listen to music while I drink so chose games where sound isn't a necessity. My personal favorite is Counter-Strike GO because it's always challenging, but it's also always incredibly easy to pub stomp. More often than not I'll be tipsy, confused, and go AFK for long stretches - yet at in the end I'll be at the top of the scoreboard.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@KHAndAnime said:

Does anyone here have any favorite drinking games to play with friends? I can't be the only one here who does this. Here's what I have in my rotation...

Counter-Strike GO: Switch turns on death or round end. If you killed no one, you must drink. For every 3 consecutive kills you get within a life, everyone else must drink (I consider these the standard rules). If you successfully plant the bomb or rescue hostages, everyone else must drink. If your attempt fails, you must drink.

Mount & Blade Warband: Standard rules, played on Siege. If you're primary flag capper, everyone else must drink.

NFL Blitz: Drink if you fumble the ball resulting in a turn over, or if you lose the ball on 4th down. Drink if you're scored on.

Chivalry: Duel mode. Switch on every opponent. Drink if you lose, drink if you win 3 times in a row.

Red Orchestra 2: Standard rules.

I think what makes a good drinking game is having the ability to compete in short bursts, directly or indirectly, while maintaining steady drinking (without being excessive). It's better if the rounds are tense, and if you can crap-talk your opponents. Also, I like to listen to music while I drink so chose games where sound isn't a necessity. My personal favorite is Counter-Strike GO because it's always challenging, but it's also always incredibly easy to pub stomp. More often than not I'll be tipsy, confused, and go AFK for long stretches - yet at in the end I'll be at the top of the scoreboard.

Here's a good idea, a thinking game with shots - Hearthstone: you play vs a friend - whoever looses drinks a shot; and followed by your rules: whoever wins 3 rounds drinks a shot as well.

Boy, to see a friend who can't focus on thinking would be very funny.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

We do not normally play a drinking game out of games, just mainly drink and play games.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Rainbow Road on Mario Kart: Drink if you fall off

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Unreal Tournament 99, if you got a headshot you took a drink, if it was you who got headshot you took 3 drinks. Shortest night ever.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

We do not normally play a drinking game out of games, just mainly drink and play games.

this has generally been me and my friends have done things.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:

@Arthas045 said:

this has generally been me and my friends have done things.

Not nearly as much fun IMO