Farewell Steam Winter Sale!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Qixote (10786 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Here's your last chance at Gamefly.com's End of Day sales:

Discounts on games like Mass Effect 3 $12, Max Payne 3 $15, and so forth! Check it out!

Gamefly.com has The Walking Dead $12. That's the cheapest it will get ANYWHERE. Go for it!

Sleeping Dogs $16. Looks outside. Is this for real? :P

pl4yer_f0und

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waitig to get ME3 for awhile now and I forgot about it.

Yeah thanks. Never used Gamefly client, so hopefully it's not a bad experience. Not really thrilled about installing yet another game client. . .but what is one to do.

#302 Posted by CassiusGaius (865 posts) -

So far...

1. ES: Skyrim
  2. Dishonored
  3. Fallen Enchantress
  4. Max Payne 3
  5. Sleeping Dogs

Plus, 9 additional games from that Bethesda Bundle.

Total: $63 bucks. I think I made out pretty well so far. I might be done for this year, but Darksiders bundle interests me.

#303 Posted by Garfield360UK (20071 posts) -
Just curious, is Darksiders Complete pack worth picking up? I heard the second game has some issues on the PC and wandered if they had been fixed (also do you get to gift the first game if you already own it)? Thank you.
#304 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2847 posts) -
[QUOTE="Garfield360UK"]Just curious, is Darksiders Complete pack worth picking up? I heard the second game has some issues on the PC and wandered if they had been fixed (also do you get to gift the first game if you already own it)? Thank you.

No, only if you buy the game separately, unfortunately.
#305 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -
I told myself i wont buy Xcom unless it get at least -50%, but it was too tempting so bought it at -33%:( I know it was cheaper on another site, but only on Steam i can pay directly through my bank account and I don't have enough money on paypal right now and reached the monthly limit on my credit card...
#306 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Here's your last chance at Gamefly.com's End of Day sales:

Discounts on games like Mass Effect 3 $12, Max Payne 3 $15, and so forth! Check it out!

Gamefly.com has The Walking Dead $12. That's the cheapest it will get ANYWHERE. Go for it!

Sleeping Dogs $16. Looks outside. Is this for real? :P

Qixote

Thanks for the heads up! I've been waitig to get ME3 for awhile now and I forgot about it.

Yeah thanks. Never used Gamefly client, so hopefully it's not a bad experience. Not really thrilled about installing yet another game client. . .but what is one to do.

Well, you just have to know your DRM i.e. Origin, Steamworks, Uplay. A lot of games nowadays are attached to one of those. Most the time, when purchasing from Gamefly or another digital service, you are just buying it for the key. For example, Mass Effect 3, purchase it gamefly and just grab the key and redeem in Origin so you don't have to deal with Gamefly downloader. I do this all the time with Amazon.com so I never use their downloader unless the game has some secuROM.
#307 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Sleeping Dogs is $12 on GMG (need code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831) with $4 cashback or $6 GMG credit.C_Rule
Nice find. :) Thanks!
#308 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Incase it hasn't been mentioned here Gamefly has Holiday10/ Holiday20 for 10/20% off one time use. Makes a lot of their deals even better.

#309 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Incase it hasn't been mentioned here Gamefly has Holiday10/ Holiday20 for 10/20% off one time use. Makes a lot of their deals even better.

TwistedShade

As in a promo code? Where are you seeing that? Could please provide a link? I don't even see a way of entering a promo code anywhere. Hmm.

#310 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

Elann2008

As in a promo code? Where are you seeing that? Could please provide a link? I don't even see a way of entering a promo code anywhere. Hmm.

When you get ready to confirm order you should be able to enter the coupon code. Can't really provide a link found them on Cheapassgamer.

#311 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

What are my chances of getting New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 75% off. I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for that price last Christmas.

#312 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

I have GTA: Complete Series, The Witcher 2 and SimCity 4 thus far. I'm anxiously awaiting FarCry 3 to go down, as well as Saints Row: The Third, Portal 2, Skyrim and anything else that pops up. I was THIS close to purchasing Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

#313 Posted by toddx77 (3303 posts) -

I'm really thinking about Dragon Age, is it worth it???

AdamPA1006

Yes Dragon Age origins is amazing. One of the best RPG's out there.

Do any of you guys have Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? Care to give a mini-review? I'm aware it has sh**** A.I. but is the co-op at least fun? Have they patched in some of its issues? *Continues to google anything I can..*Elann2008

I never played the co op but from how the game plays during single player do not expect anything good like Left 4 Dead. You can't hold extra ammo in the game. Assault weapons can hold 120 ammo and hand guns around 90 or so and if you want anymore ammo you will have to find boxes or hope an enemy drops it so just be prepared for that.

#314 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

Aaaaaaand EA shat themselves:cool:

#315 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

wow, just bought x-com fro 20 bucks in gamefly by using the holiday 20 promo code :)

#316 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="TwistedShade"]

TwistedShade

When you get ready to confirm order you should be able to enter the coupon code. Can't really provide a link found them on Cheapassgamer.

Awesome. Thanks man! ;D

Edit: It works. :) Just tried it.

#317 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

What are my chances of getting New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 75% off. I picked up Fallout 3 GOTY for that price last Christmas.

Cwagmire21

Do this if you want: Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and enter Holiday20 in promo code box on "Final confirm payment page."

Comes out to be $11.99 btw.

#319 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

allright. my wishlist down to darksouls, testament of sherlock holmes, king's bounty and might&magic heroes gold edition

#320 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Elann2008

Do this if you want: Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition and enter Holiday20 in promo code box on "Final confirm payment page."

So close yet so far. :P

I'm a cheap bastard. :lol:

#321 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Cwagmire21

So close yet so far. :P

I'm a cheap bastard. :lol:

I am too only because it's the Holidays. Spent a lot of money. When my wallet is full, I'm not cheap. LOL. Gamefly currently holds the best deals on the major titles right now. I don't think it will get any better than this but Fallout NV ultimate can get cheaper than this on Steam. Possibly $7.50..

#322 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5577 posts) -

Grabbed the Bethesda bundle yesterday from Gamersgate before they pulled it. Gotta wait a few weeks to get my keys, butSkyrim,Brink Complete,Dishonored,Doom 3 BFG,Fallout 3 GOTY,Fallout NV Ultimate,Hunted Demons Forge, Rage, Morrowind GOTY, and Oblivion GOTY for $29 is a good enough deal to make me wait.

#323 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Nice Condemned Criminal Origins is a Flash Deal. Those of you that never played it are so lucky... Awesome game.

#324 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Btw, if you are buying from Gamefly.com and it's a steamworks game, you do get a code. Not sure if this is the same for Origin games like Mass Effect. I'm sure you get a product key. I've purchased about 6 different other games from Gamefly and they all have a product key code in your purchase history.
#325 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (978 posts) -
[QUOTE="Qixote"]

[QUOTE="pl4yer_f0und"] Thanks for the heads up! I've been waitig to get ME3 for awhile now and I forgot about it.Elann2008

Well, you just have to know your DRM i.e. Origin, Steamworks, Uplay. A lot of games nowadays are attached to one of those. Most the time, when purchasing from Gamefly or another digital service, you are just buying it for the key. For example, Mass Effect 3, purchase it gamefly and just grab the key and redeem in Origin so you don't have to deal with Gamefly downloader. I do this all the time with Amazon.com so I never use their downloader unless the game has some secuROM.

Yea thats what I did for ME1+2, idk I used to use the direct2drive downloader, and that wasn't too bad, haven't used since gamefly bought it.
#326 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2282 posts) -

TwistedShade

Awesome, just got for Dishonored for $24! Thanks for the tip. :D

#327 Posted by yodude1026 (184 posts) -
only bought the borderlands 2 for 14.99 :D anything else worth getting?
#328 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Qixote"] Yeah thanks. Never used Gamefly client, so hopefully it's not a bad experience. Not really thrilled about installing yet another game client. . .but what is one to do.pl4yer_f0und

Yea thats what I did for ME1+2, idk I used to use the direct2drive downloader, and that wasn't too bad, haven't used since gamefly bought it.

Yup :) Also to confirm. Gamefly.com does offer codes. It will be in your purchase history. The digital download service part is available though. If it wasn't there, it'll just be a cd-key store haha. That's good to know though.

Also. Holiday10 and 20 can only be used once per account. Cheers.

#329 Posted by Peanut04_basic (723 posts) -
Just picked up XCOM and The Walking dead off of Gamefly using the 20% off promo code in this thread. It ended up just under $30, Pretty good deal.
#330 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (978 posts) -

Man! Shogun 2 for 7.50, Max Payne 3 for 15, and BF3 for 14, Gamefly is really tempting me lol. It seems like so far, Gamefly is the go to site for deals as steam is a little dissapointing right now.

#332 Posted by mitu123 (154602 posts) -

Just bought Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs.

#333 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
steam store is being overloaded again.. you'd think they'd get the load balancing right during these sales...
#334 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

They need to do better on these deals. It seems like every forum is making notice that other online sites are jumping the wagon of PC download sales. I've found MULTIPLE things cheaper on different sites. That's a shame. I really like Steam but right now, very few things are 'cheaper'.

#335 Posted by Peanut04_basic (723 posts) -
I know what you mean. I've bought a couple things on Steam, but all of my most wanted games are available cheaper elsewhere.
#336 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
steam store is being overloaded again.. you'd think they'd get the load balancing right during these sales...darksusperia
I remember when you couldn't even load the Steam page at the start of each new daily deal. It has gotten much better.
#337 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

I know what you mean. I've bought a couple things on Steam, but all of my most wanted games are available cheaper elsewhere.Peanut04_basic

Sale isn't over yet, but I agree that so far Steam's sale is disappointing.

#338 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

[QUOTE="darksusperia"]steam store is being overloaded again.. you'd think they'd get the load balancing right during these sales...EliteM0nk3y
I remember when you couldn't even load the Steam page at the start of each new daily deal. It has gotten much better.

I either get nothing or I get this atm.

added quantum conundrum + DLC and limbo to my cart... then it failed before I could check out.

#339 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

[QUOTE="Peanut04_basic"]I know what you mean. I've bought a couple things on Steam, but all of my most wanted games are available cheaper elsewhere.Cwagmire21

Sale isn't over yet, but I agree that so far Steam's sale is disappointing.

You're right. We do have like two weeks left of this sale. They started off the first day well, but it sorta went downhill. I heard closer to Christmas(Sunday, Monday and Christmas) they are going to have a lot more interesting deals. Here's hoping.

#340 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Gotten Condemned: Criminal Origins and that will be it.

#341 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Gotten Condemned: Criminal Origins and that will be it.

Wanderer5
Yay :D
#342 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

Dear Esther for 2.50 is definitely worth it.

#343 Posted by C_Rule (9812 posts) -
I just want GRID and Hot Pursuit 2010. They're both $10 on Steam, if I don't find them for cheaper than that before the end of the sale, I'll just get them for that.
#344 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Dear Esther for 2.50 is definitely worth it.

AdamPA1006

I was hoping for someone to encourage me to get this. I've heard a lot of complaints about it not being a "game," but frankly, I'm in for a good story. And I can swing $2.49. A combo at a fast food restaurant is more than this; and Dear Esther won't go straight to my thighs. :P

#345 Posted by BattleSpectre (6850 posts) -

As always nicely done mate, hats off to you. I'm sure i am going to be catching up on a lot of games i may have missed during the year.

#346 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

Why does Amazon not give me the option to buy games and put them on Steam, rather than their client? Is there a way to do this? The Amazon Client BLOWS.

#347 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Why does Amazon not give me the option to buy games and put them on Steam, rather than their client? Is there a way to do this? The Amazon Client BLOWS.

FamilyGuyFan507

Which games did you purchase? They are in your game library, and just click to "view product key." Copy and paste that into Steam "activate a product on steam." Actually, Amazon.com (as far as I know), is the only digital service merchant selling steam keys for games that are not "steamworks." Other digital services are not doing that. In any case, if a game is steamworks, it doesn't matter where you purchase it; it will activate on steam.

In the case that a game uses other SecuROM, you can download it through Amazon.com and I've never had an issue with it. Download speed is very fast too.

#348 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

As always nicely done mate, hats off to you. I'm sure i am going to be catching up on a lot of games i may have missed during the year.

BattleSpectre
Thanks Battle! I haven't seen you in a while. xD Are you playing any game in particular? (you do not have to answer lol). I needed a horror-fix so I bought FEAR 3. I know, not the best choice as I already have Amnesia and Dead Space games, but I guess it's close enough. Cheers.
#349 Posted by BattleSpectre (6850 posts) -

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

Elann2008

Thanks Battle! I haven't seen you in a while. xD Are you playing any game in particular? (you do not have to answer lol). I needed a horror-fix so I bought FEAR 3. I know, not the best choice as I already have Amnesia and Dead Space games, but I guess it's close enough. Cheers.

Haha yeah it's been a while since i've come on ay. I've just been busy with family, friends and work you know how crazy that gets sometimes xD, it's a nice relief now that i'm on holidays and have a nice break from work so i have plenty of time to catch up on games and the like.

At the moment i'm playing through L.A. Noire (got it from Steam recently for like $5), I did rent it for the 360 a while ago but never got to finish it and i must say i am having an absolute blast with this game. Rockstar certainly know how to create some masterpieces. I also just picked up Far Cry 3 the other week but have yet to start it.

Not to mention some other games i'll most likely be buying through this Steam Sale, Oh and my massive backlog of games which seems to get bigger and bigger as time passes on :evil: I'm going to really have my hands full this christmas break thats for sure lol

How have you been? Hope everything is going well for you and happy holidays =]

#350 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

[QUOTE="FamilyGuyFan507"]

Elann2008

Which games did you purchase? They are in your game library, and just click to "view product key." Copy and paste that into Steam "activate a product on steam." Actually, Amazon.com (as far as I know), is the only digital service merchant selling steam keys for games that are not "steamworks." Other digital services are not doing that. In any case, if a game is steamworks, it doesn't matter where you purchase it; it will activate on steam.

In the case that a game uses other SecuROM, you can download it through Amazon.com and I've never had an issue with it. Download speed is very fast too.

I bought GTA IV Complete Edition (Only 7 dollars) and had to download it through their client. It is so miserably slow. I'm wanting to buy the Civilization 5 collection (link follows) so far, everyone says you can download it strictly to Steam. I'm hoping so. I did not get any way of downloading GTA through Steam, just popped up straight to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMKTR48/ref=amb_link_367831062_4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=0H1R1Y50YV3NTAPEK3TX&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1446826902&pf_rd_i=979455011