Farewell Steam Winter Sale!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by kraken2109 (13203 posts) -

Hoping for borderlands 2 and dishonored to go more than 50% off but unlikely i guess.

#152 Posted by the_ChEeSe_mAn2 (8464 posts) -
Gamefly updated their "end of world" sale. I am once again tempted by LA Noire for 7.50..
#153 Posted by LordRork (2690 posts) -

EXTREMELY weak sale this year - then again not that many games have been released since last Christmas either.

SupaTrupa

Come on...it's on for more than two weeks (and day 1 isn't even over!). You can't expect them to go overboard every single day.

#154 Posted by kozzy1234 (35334 posts) -

Hoping for borderlands 2 and dishonored to go more than 50% off but unlikely i guess.

kraken2109

Just buy BL2 already man!
50% off for one of hte biggest and best games this year is steal!

#155 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -
Checking all these sales around, felt like getting something, so I got Scribblenauts and Rayman Origins... Didn't install Scribblenauts yet, but Rayman was pretty fun despite the controls feeling a bit clumsy.
#156 Posted by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -
Gamefly updated their "end of world" sale. I am once again tempted by LA Noire for 7.50..the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Don't do it. Technically a very cool game, but utterly boring.
#157 Posted by Wasdie (50578 posts) -

I just picked up Natrual Selection 2.

#158 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

A question: Is Wargame: European Escalation worth getting? That's the only sale item I am interested in at the moment.

#159 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

I am still so scared to buy anything! :(

#160 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

This looks like a great deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMKTR48/ref=s9_hps_bw_g367_ir07?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_r=6944AA25E7F54C518430&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1400305362&pf_rd_i=229575

#161 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

Shogun 2 is only 7.49 on Gamefly!

#162 Posted by 3aNkabot (620 posts) -
Divinity looks very tempting :X ... must resist.
#163 Posted by ZetA_LatA (114 posts) -

Awesome thread! These sales are holiday shopping at its best. No lines, no hassles, just great deals for yourself and others.

#164 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Darkness 2 - $7.49 (Steamworks)

Sleeping Dogs $24.99 (Steamworks)

Fallen Enchantress $8 (Steamworks)

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition $26

Cheers.

#165 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

Cheers.

Elann2008

thanks. getting fallen enchantress now

#166 Posted by Redick_is_Magic (1778 posts) -

nothing interests me in the dailies cept dishonored but ill wait on that

#167 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

New deals out. Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is 14.99 and Dishonored is 29.99. I'm personally going to purchase SimCity. I just cannot pass up a game with immense replayability for 5 bucks. I'm hoping Portal/Portal 2 pop up on the list. I want it at least for 7.50.

#168 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -
Still nothing of interest to me so far. All i want is -50% on Xcom and The Walking Dead. -75% on Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a solar empire.
#169 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

Still nothing of interest to me so far. All i want is -50% on Xcom and The Walking Dead. -75% on Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a solar empire.Tykain

I'd jump on XCOM and TWD if they went -50%. I don't think so though.

#170 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2847 posts) -

I'm thinking about that Orcs Must Die! bundle...

#171 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tykain"]Still nothing of interest to me so far. All i want is -50% on Xcom and The Walking Dead. -75% on Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a solar empire.

Fallen Enchantress $8 steamworks. You guys really need to read the entire page at least. :P Don't miss out on great deals just because it's not on Steam or steam main page.
#172 Posted by tanerb (931 posts) -

Fallen enchantress is 8 bucks at gamersgate

Edit: someone was faster

#173 Posted by Akced (14 posts) -

So far I have bought:

- Anomaly: Warzone earth

-Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3

- Mirror's edge

- Natural selection 2

- Dishonored

- Forge

- Hitman: Blood money

One day behind, 50 euros used.... :l

#174 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Tykain"]Still nothing of interest to me so far. All i want is -50% on Xcom and The Walking Dead. -75% on Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a solar empire.

Fallen Enchantress $8 steamworks. You guys really need to read the entire page at least. :P Don't miss out on great deals just because it's not on Steam or steam main page.

I know, I already looked there but it's more expenssive for us european (13.46 euro) which is more than i want to pay for it. So i'll wait for a -75% on Steam.
#175 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="Tykain"][QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="Tykain"]Still nothing of interest to me so far. All i want is -50% on Xcom and The Walking Dead. -75% on Fallen Enchantress and Sins of a solar empire.

I know, I already looked there but it's more expenssive for us european (13.46 euro) which is more than i want to pay for it. So i'll wait for a -75% on Steam.

Ahh gotcha. Sorry mate.
#176 Posted by Kh1ndjal (2550 posts) -
can someone tell me how forge is? been interested in that game for a while but there's no demo or trial that i know of.
#177 Posted by CassiusGaius (865 posts) -

Cheers.

Elann2008

Thank you for the nice find, picked up Fallen Enchantress.

#178 Posted by attirex (844 posts) -
If Torchlight 2 goes down to five bucks, I'll get it. Possible replies: "Cool story, bro" "Blog it"
#179 Posted by Shatilov (4113 posts) -
common, we just went through the black friday sale.
#180 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Cheers.

CassiusGaius

Thank you for the nice find, picked up Fallen Enchantress.

Anytime. :)
#181 Posted by the_ChEeSe_mAn2 (8464 posts) -
Darksiders franchise for $14 or Torchlight 2 for $10...argh.
#182 Posted by bloodling (5822 posts) -

I just bought the Elder Scrolls collection (ES, MW, Skyrim) for 26 dollars on GamersGate! A few minutes after my purchase, the price rose to 52$! Glad I managed to snatch it in time!

#183 Posted by BobZany (1407 posts) -

I've picked up a few things so far, including Hitman Absolution from Amazon.com for $20. I'm hoping Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 drops in price on Steam. They're both 25% off at uplay's site, but I'd prefer to keep all of my games on just Steam. It's bad enough that I have a few stragglers on Origin.

#184 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

I've picked up a few things so far, including Hitman Absolution from Amazon.com for $20. I'm hoping Far Cry 3 or Assassin's Creed 3 drops in price on Steam. They're both 25% off at uplay's site, but I'd prefer to keep all of my games on just Steam. It's bad enough that I have a few stragglers on Origin.

BobZany
You know that they both require Uplay, right? Wouldn't make a difference whether it's on steam or not. One less DRM to deal with.
#185 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 25% off on UPlay!

Anyone know if the deluxe edition of FC3 is worth it? Sounds interesting, but I haven't heard anyone on here talk about how the FC3 DLC is.

EDIT: bah Bobzany beat me to it. :P

#186 Posted by rogelio22 (2426 posts) -

Anyone know if the deluxe edition of FC3 is worth it? Sounds interesting, but I haven't heard anyone on here talk about how the FC3 DLC is.

Cwagmire21

im waiting for 50% off on FC3... if not ill just wait till the spring/summer sales

#187 Posted by rogelio22 (2426 posts) -

Darksiders franchise for $14 or Torchlight 2 for $10...argh.the_ChEeSe_mAn2
just beat darksiders 2 two days ago! great game! just has stuttering issues on alot of systems. had to play it with vsync off

#188 Posted by ForsakenWicked (3745 posts) -
So far I've bought Borderlands 2 and Darksiders franchise.
#189 Posted by Lonelystrokez (262 posts) -

hope good deals still around early jan.

#190 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I know I didn't want another loot-filled isometric dungeon crawler game but Torchlight 2 is tempting. I've seen it for $10 many times throughout the year but I've passed it. And Orcs Must Die 2 looks like it could be fun for 20 hours (at least). A game that you could pop in and out for a little fun. Hmmm..
#191 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

rogelio22

im waiting for 50% off on FC3... if not ill just wait till the spring/summer sales

I'd be shocked to see that for this Christmas. To be honest, I didn't think we'd even see the 25%. But I'd love to be proven wrong. :P

#192 Posted by kieran88 (2273 posts) -

I know I didn't want another loot-filled isometric dungeon crawler game but Torchlight 2 is tempting. I've seen it for $10 many times throughout the year but I've passed it. And Orcs Must Die 2 looks like it could be fun for 20 hours (at least). A game that you could pop in and out for a little fun. Hmmm..Elann2008
lol :D was thinking the exact same as this, caved and got em both (I figured they're the type of games my gf would be up for cooping so got a couple of copies)

add me on steam if you get either and fancy some mp

#193 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

I know I didn't want another loot-filled isometric dungeon crawler game but Torchlight 2 is tempting. I've seen it for $10 many times throughout the year but I've passed it. And Orcs Must Die 2 looks like it could be fun for 20 hours (at least). A game that you could pop in and out for a little fun. Hmmm..Elann2008

OMD1 was tons of fun. I'm eyeing 2 as well. Amazingness of 1 plus coop!? :D

#194 Posted by rogelio22 (2426 posts) -

[QUOTE="rogelio22"]

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Cwagmire21

I'd be shocked to see that for this Christmas. To be honest, I didn't think we'd even see the 25%. But I'd love to be proven wrong. :P

well maybe not 50% but id pay exactly $30 for it atm! ill just wait till it drops that low. i only pay over $30 for physical copies of games

#195 Posted by BobZany (1407 posts) -

[QUOTE="BobZany"]

Elann2008

You know that they both require Uplay, right? Wouldn't make a difference whether it's on steam or not. One less DRM to deal with.

Hmmm...do you have to have the uplay client installed to play those even if you buy them through Steam? If so, I might as well get them from Uplay.

#196 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -

I bought Ys origin because it was -75% but i have no plan to play it soon, so another game to add to my already large backlog. Why do you always do this to me, Steam ? Why?!

#197 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="BobZany"]

BobZany

Hmmm...do you have to have the uplay client installed to play those even if you buy them through Steam? If so, I might as well get them from Uplay.

Yes you do. :)
#198 Posted by BobZany (1407 posts) -

Thanks, Elann. Guess I'll be picking it up on Uplay.

#199 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

Cwagmire21

Green Man Gaming have a 30% discount on it which works out cheaper - but only available to UK and EU residents due to Ubisoft sales restrictions - same applies to Assassin's Creed 3.

Just add this code at the checkout to get the discount GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

#200 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

The only game I've purchased is The Witcher 2. In my cart are:

GTA IV: Complete Edition (Amazon)

Saints Row The Third Complete Edition

SimCity 4

Civ 5 Collection (Amazon)

I am waiting for Portal/Portal 2 and FarCry 3 to budge. Nothing so far.