Farcry 3 and UPlay question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by OgreB (2523 posts) -

Do I need to install U Play ? ( not interested in achievements )

I do have a Ubi account. Just never installed U Play for any reason.

I know you can play in offline mode with U -Play....but do I need to install it in the first place ?

Is it going install regardless ?

I just pre-ordered FC 3 from Steam and want to make sure I'm ready to rock come Tuesday.

If it is going to be installed anyway...I'll do it now and free up some gaming time Tuesday AM.

#2 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Dunno if Ubisoft changed their policies (doubt it anyways) but all their recent PC Games force you to install Uplay wheter you like it or not. So, unless Ubisoft changed their policies (and I mean again, doubt it), when you try to play Far Cry 3 you will be forced to install Uplay.
#3 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
You will run any Ubisoft game through Uplay, from Steam or anywhere else, yes, you will be forced to install it.
#4 Posted by OgreB (2523 posts) -
Thanks.. I''l install it now and get it out of the way.
#5 Posted by HyperWarlock (3261 posts) -

Uplay is actually nothing to be concerned about, it's pretty smooth and polished.

#6 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -

Uplay is actually nothing to be concerned about, it's pretty smooth and polished.

HyperWarlock
Didn't use it since the update, was surprised to see that I can download the entire AC series from it, hopefully they'll add everything else I own, sooner or later, like Driver, Anno 2070 and others.
#7 Posted by wis3boi (31601 posts) -

HyperWarlock

yeah i dont understand if somone hates it...its just a big Play button, and a place to turn your achievement points into new content like missions, weapons, and items

#8 Posted by SharkheadHD (231 posts) -

Don't worry about UPlay too much, it's alright.

#9 Posted by C_Rule (9761 posts) -
Uplay is actually pretty crap when compared to Steam or Origin. >Click game shortcut >Go to game >Play While all that may not be incredibly difficult it's silly that it works that way when Origin and Steam launch the game as soon as you click the game's shortcut.