Far Cry to work with Windows 7 help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mattuk69 (3050 posts) -

Is their a solution to get Far cry to work with Windows 7 64bit yet? I tried months ago but the game just does not start up. Ive tried capability mode, Run as administrator, installed all latest patches and 64bit patch with no luck. Please help to get this classic game to work!

#2 Posted by Too_tight_shoes (2486 posts) -
I haven't got a clue why you cant run it on, I have the same OS and FarCry from Steam works perfectly. Have you tried going to the main farcry forums its deffinetely not the OS that the issue.
#3 Posted by mattuk69 (3050 posts) -

Do you have 32bit OS?

#4 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29114 posts) -

What you need to do is install it on a computer running 32-bit vista, copy the entire folder over to your 64-bit computer, then run this patch.

#5 Posted by monkeymoose5000 (6111 posts) -

What you need to do is install it on a computer running 32-bit vista, copy the entire folder over to your 64-bit computer, then run this patch.

chessmaster1989
I had to do that too. Alas, it did not work, but luck to you.
#6 Posted by mattuk69 (3050 posts) -

Install Vista again? Id rather DIE!:x

#7 Posted by monkeymoose5000 (6111 posts) -
The steam version should however work perfectly.
#8 Posted by Zaine_Tatsuken (5 posts) -

Ive been having the same issue and from all the links ive found so far in all the forums and what not they say with the configuration of FarCry it wont work on our 32 bit systems with it being a 16 bit game, I am still looking to fix this issue so I will post my findings if I find a solution.

#9 Posted by Chronic276 (99 posts) -
I had no problems what so ever running it on Windows 7 - 64 bit from Steam.