Far Cry: How do you add -DEVMODE to an executable's command line?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cadmapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Cadmapper
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I've run into a spot in Far Cry where I want to use the godmode cheat to get past about a dozen trigens firing rockets at me. In order to enable the backspace button to toggle godmode, I guess I have to add -DEVMODE to the executable's command line. Can someone tell me how to do that? I've tried some things and can't figure it out on my own.

Here's the convoluted explanation given by Gamespot.com on how to do this: "Start the game with the -DEVMODE command line parameter. One way to do this is to make a shortcut to the game on your desktop and right click the shortcut and edit the properties. Then before the ending " put in the -DEVMODE option and click ok."

Wtf is the ending " and what is the "-DEVMODE option"? When you say, "-DEVMODE option" are there other options besides DEVMODE or what? The text makes no sense to me.

I tried right-clicking the shortcut. I tried adding -DEVMODE everywhere. It won't go.

When you right-click a desktop shortcut, which field represents the command line?

tratyu92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 tratyu92
Member since 2006 • 1773 Posts
The Target field.Add -DEVMODE after the double quotation marks.Like this - http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/Martzno8/devmode.jpg