Far Cry 3 on PC or PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fearhome21 (340 posts) -

should i get it fc3 on my pc or on my ps3? which one will be better?

my pc specs"
ram: corsair vengeance 8 gigs
cpu:i7 3770k
gpu:7850 that guy idles at 24C and at 100% load is 55C should i oc it?
mobo:asus maximus v GENE

Topic says.

#2 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -
PC
#3 Posted by kitty (114976 posts) -
after the last few topics from you, we know your specs :P pc is the way to go imo.
#4 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

I don't know why this is a question.

PC without a doubt.

For sure.

I heard this game has TERRIBLE performance on consoles. And from what I've seen what they say is true. Screen Tearing, frame drops to like 10 FPS. NOPE.

Your PC will be more than enough to run it well.

#5 Posted by jakes456 (1398 posts) -

comes into "PC HARDWARE FORUM" asking if he should buy it for PC or PS3? NOT SURE IF SRS?

Posts computer specs. 3770k, asking if he should buy it for PC or PS3? NOT SURE IF SRS?

Parents bought him computer. srs.

#6 Posted by Obiwan_1O (286 posts) -

could anyone actually make a legit argument against the PC version? especially when u have that rig? I mean common... the ps3 version must be lauaghable in comparason.

#7 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

Please tell us why you decided to post this question... here.

#8 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Please tell us why you decided to post this question... at all

Amster_G

#9 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

-Has gaming rig

-Asks us about a console version

Lulz worthy.

#10 Posted by SalikSST (250 posts) -

-Has gaming rig

Lulz worthy.

mitu123

indeed a good rig to play Farcry 3 around max or just below it.BTW you have a great sig where you got that from.

#11 Posted by fearhome21 (340 posts) -

you dudes are seriously funny xD i just asked it because it says Hardware discussion as i wanted to be sure that my rig will run this game at high/ultra..

also i asked if i can oc my gpu 7850? anyone knows how and the speedds should i push it?
default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

#12 Posted by MK-Professor (3885 posts) -

is that a serious question? or just want to attract attention?

#13 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -
obviously pc
#14 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

-Has gaming rig

Lulz worthy.

SalikSST

indeed a good rig to play Farcry 3 around max or just below it.BTW you have a great sig where you got that from.

I made the gif myself from a video I found on youtube.

#15 Posted by mitu123 (154589 posts) -

you dudes are seriously funny xD i just asked it because it says Hardware discussion as i wanted to be sure that my rig will run this game at high/ultra..

also i asked if i can oc my gpu 7850? anyone knows how and the speedds should i push it?
default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

fearhome21

Well you do have one of the most powerful CPUs out there and a higher end mid range card so...

#16 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -

default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

fearhome21

And do you think if you rig didn't run it at high or ultra, the PS3 would? You would be lucky to see it on "medium" on a console.

#17 Posted by MK-Professor (3885 posts) -

[QUOTE="fearhome21"]

default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

dramaybaz

And do you think if you rig didn't run it at high or ultra, the PS3 would? You would be lucky to see it on "medium" on a console.

not to mention that both 360/ps3 run fc3 in sub-HD :lol:

#18 Posted by darksusperia (6943 posts) -

[QUOTE="fearhome21"]

default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

dramaybaz

the consoles have sections that drop as low as 15fps... and screen tear everywhere. "Our footage starts off at an unprecedented low during the cut-scene with Vaas, for which we record a remarkably sluggish 15FPS on PS3 - a surprise considering how little is being rendered at the time. This is compared to 20FPS on 360 in matching footage, which later proves to be the running standard for every subsequent cut-scene on either platform." they're also stripped resolutions too. 360 version runs at 1280x704. PS3 - 1274x702. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-far-cry-3-face-off
#19 Posted by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

fearhome21

Even if you could only play the game at 720P and 30 fps and medium settings it would still be better than the PS3 version. So, no don't get the PS3 version, it's more expensive anyway.

#20 Posted by RasAlgethi28 (112 posts) -

Get it for PC. With that rig of yours you can get away with high-ultra.

#21 Posted by Horgen (110779 posts) -
PS3 will surely run it better than your computer. Because it has teh powah of tah cell!1!1!1!1
#22 Posted by somegtalover (2696 posts) -

The question you are asking is, Would I like to play the game in Direct X 9 or Direct X 11. And with a m/kb or a controller? Answer for yourself.

#23 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

[QUOTE="fearhome21"]

default is 840 mhz
fan speed is at 10%

dramaybaz

I haven't seen the console versions, but if you guys want to, check out my FC3 screenshots in the screenshot thread on the PC games board. Thats what minimum settings, 1280x720, SSAO=0 MSAA=4 looks like. That runs at a constant 30+ fps (with spikes into the 50s) on my laptop, which has a dual core i5 2.27ghz, 4gigs RAM, and an HD4670 1gb.

Edit: I'll repost a couple of those shots here.

farcry39.jpg

farcry36.jpg

farcry313.jpg

#24 Posted by the_bi99man (11058 posts) -

The question you are asking is, Would I like to play the game in Direct X 9 or Direct X 11. And with a m/kb or a controller? Answer for yourself.

somegtalover

What if I play the PC version in DX9, with a controller?

*mind explodes*

#25 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -
Does the TC just make a new thread for everything that crosses his mind or what? Can you not make a decision on your own or something? Posted those specs like over 5 times and asked really pointless questions, I mean come on.