Far Cry 1 Graphics Problem?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ramealdabest (519 posts) -

Hi,

I recently bought the first Far Cry and i installed it onto my comp. I set the graphic options on Medium, but when i play yhe game turns blue (the whole screen)

and i cant see a thing. I tried the other options but the same thing happened except for Low. Anyone had this problem before and ould help me out?

My specs are:
Intel C2D E4500 2.20Ghz
4 Gig RAM
Gefore 8400GS 256mb
Vista 32-BIT

P.S. I asked the same question on PC & MAC games board but no one replied

Thanks.

#2 Posted by ramealdabest (519 posts) -

Ohh sorry for spelling errors. Should spell check next time.:P

#3 Posted by flyingsnail (793 posts) -

Try installing the latest patch. link

#4 Posted by ramealdabest (519 posts) -

Try installing the latest patch. link

flyingsnail

It worked Thnx.

:D

#5 Posted by flyingsnail (793 posts) -

No problem:)

#6 Posted by kungfool69 (2580 posts) -

the newest patches added Shader Model 3 support to the game, making it look heaps better! i remember back on my 6600gt!

#7 Posted by jernas (1513 posts) -

You can also enable HDR in Far Cry. Find it here.

#8 Posted by smurai (2 posts) -
just install patch 1.1 and it worked for me
#9 Posted by Chris_53 (5122 posts) -
Damn I havnt played FarCry 1 for ages. I remember getting to the last level but I couldnt get passed it. Plus, my old 7600GT used to max the game well aswell. Id love to see how it would look in 1080p on my system, lol
#11 Posted by kraken2109 (13125 posts) -
[QUOTE="wanninayake1987"]Guys i had the same problem, but i was able to fix that problem as follows :) 1.) i had far cry version 1.0 (this problem is usual in that version, lots of texture problems etc) 2.) i heard patching would fix this texture graphic problem, but as i was having pirated version i was unable to patch it using normal installation. 3.) so i thought of extracting files and overwrite on my installed folder. 4.) here how i did it, 1.) download farcry patch v1.3 (google it and find it , may be about 70MB) 2.) double click on it(& it will extract files to your temporary folder), it is a msi type file,you can search it inside temp folder, it will name as far cry like name, easy to find by checking file size,it is about 70MB file. 3.) once you got the file copy it & paste it on desktop 4.) then download this software... (MSI Unpacker from JSWare) Google it is not hard to find, by that obtain jsMSIx.exe above software jsMSIx.exe help you to extract content of msi type files, using that extract the content of far cry patch file, and copy those files & paste on to the farcry directory, you might have to overwrite older files :), above procedure fixed my blue grass and water problem, my specs are core i5 VGA intel HD3000 windows 7 64 bit hope this helps, thank you.... :)

Don't mention pirating on gamespot.
#12 Posted by Blistrax (1071 posts) -
Just a heads up, in case you weren't aware, when you quote a violation, your post becomes a violation itself. It's in the rules.
#13 Posted by GS550L (913 posts) -

Just a heads up, in case you weren't aware, when you quote a violation, your post becomes a violation itself. It's in the rules.Blistrax

I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

#14 Posted by JigglyWiggly_ (23669 posts) -
meh i dun think anyone cares if he pirated far cry, that game was free for a while too
#15 Posted by Myst420 (2 posts) -

You can also enable HDR in Far Cry. Find it here.

jernas

Thanks alot man! Changed renderer to opengl and bam fixed my problem :]