Ever met a fellow PC gamer?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

I'm actually friends with two.

#2 Posted by agpickle (3293 posts) -

Cool

#3 Posted by TheBlackKnight3 (1586 posts) -

More than I can count. I actually go to lan parties with some friends who are PC gamers, it's not like they are rare.

#4 Posted by wis3boi (31594 posts) -

just about all my real life friends at least own a gaming pc, among various consoles

#5 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -

lmao yes. it's not like we're unicorns or something.

#6 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Most of my friends can't figure out computers. I know people who play LoL but that's about it. However, I'm still a senior in high school so everybody I know is... stupid

#7 Posted by Gladestone1 (5559 posts) -

Most of my friends are pc gamers..All the guys at work have ps3 unfortunatly there cod addicts lol..Ill play games like simcity, rpgs, even my wife bugs me to build houses on the simslol..Space sims ext, civ games..So only my personal friends are gamers..Im the only one who has a hooked up monster pc most of the time..Its been a hobby of mind for ever lol..

#8 Posted by BPoole96 (22803 posts) -
Everyone I know only plays CoD, Madden, and Fifa
#9 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

people i meet before gaming = yea

people i meet online first =no

~the only people i might consider see is too far way.

6 people in Arkensa ~ i became friends with one dude back in halo 2 then he introduced me to one of his friends and we became best online buds then their other friends followed in line.

~one dude in UK

#10 Posted by kitty (114864 posts) -
sadly nope, all of mine console game only. Although I've gotten quite a few interested after they saw me game on mine.
#11 Posted by topgunmv (10266 posts) -

You ask that like pc gamers are unicorns or something.

#12 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Yes

#13 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

I have a couple 5 friends who play a lot of PC games. The rest of my friends play LoL or are console players. 

#14 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

Yeah, of course.  My boss is one.  He's 43.  I have at least 2 other friends that are PC gamers.  

#15 Posted by Zebracal (56 posts) -

Oh yes I have met them especially my clan mates in Cabal and in WoW before. We do still keep in touch with each other and sometimes we organize some social gatherings for ourselves and our families. 

#16 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16701 posts) -

I usually don't associate too much with other PC gamers because I have my own life and stuff (like family) to attend to. But, there's plenty of them in campus, usually in the tech club.   

#17 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -

lmao yes. it's not like we're unicorns or something.

UCF_Knight
lol
#18 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

Most of my friends are console gamers, but I know a couple of PC gamers here and there. 

#19 Posted by GD1551 (9155 posts) -

Nah, most PC gamers stay inside all the time.

#20 Posted by Moloch121 (677 posts) -
Yup. I've also slowly been converting my friends to PC gaming so far have built 4 gaming PC's for my friends.
#21 Posted by _SKatEDiRt_ (2598 posts) -

I have never met someone as obsessed with computer games, hardware and software as myself

#23 Posted by KHAndAnime (14080 posts) -
I'm surprised by the amount of PC gamers there are. And I'm actually surprised that the PC gamers I've met are a lot cooler and often more discrete about their gaming than the usual console gamer. Off the top of my head, I know least a dozen PC gamers in real life (and I'm friends with maybe 4 of them). I've put a lot of thought into this and I'm pretty sure where you live plays a huge role in how many PC gamers you'll know. Seattle seems to have many.
#24 Posted by BattleSpectre (6407 posts) -

A few of my friends in person own gaming PC's but the only thing they tend to play are Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2. Ok i lied i wouldn't really call them "gaming pc's" they're pretty sh!te lol.

#25 Posted by Gladestone1 (5559 posts) -

A few of my friends in person own gaming PC's but the only thing they tend to play are Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight 2. Ok i lied i wouldn't really call them "gaming pc's" they're pretty sh!te lol.

BattleSpectre

Nothing wrong with either of them games..Torchlight 2 is fun with a ton of friends to play on hardcore lol..Ive been playing it again of late..Up until simcity is do out on the fifth...

#26 Posted by KodiakKoolaid (441 posts) -
Many of my friends are PC gamers, unfortunately many of them are also filthy pirates :P
#27 Posted by punkpunker (3321 posts) -

had plenty of them over the years but their taste is sucks, they stick to conventional ones like Lol/warcraft and popular games.

#28 Posted by overhead_drums (313 posts) -

Nah, most PC gamers stay inside all the time.

GD1551
Ha! as your avatar depicts...
#29 Posted by Falconoffury (1717 posts) -

I'm sad when I hear people only stick with a few popular games. There are so many out there.

#30 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
From here? No. But many of the people I know in college are PC Gamers.
#31 Posted by NoAssKicker47 (2847 posts) -

Don't make us sound so reclusive lol...

I have a few friends who game on PC, two of which own a 360 as well. I don't own a console.

#32 Posted by Lach0121 (9894 posts) -

Yea, I have a few friends who are pc gamers.

Hell, my gf is a pc gamer. We even met playing Wow 5 years ago.  Just got done shooting the crap out of each other in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 last night. 

#33 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Tons of friends over the years played PC games, played online, lanned etc. since I was a youngen to right now. Guess I'm pretty damn lucky.
#34 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16701 posts) -

At the cafeteria in campus, there's a huge number of students who game on their laptops. They're a separate crowd from the folks at the tech club who own desktop gaming PCs and bring them in for LAN sessions.

#35 Posted by Postmortem123 (7717 posts) -

I refuse to make friends with someone who isn't a PC gamer.

#36 Posted by Kendog87 (1111 posts) -

I've met some friends in games that I have never met IRL, but still think of them as RL friends.

Edit: There is also some friends I knew priror to PC gaming, that i play online with now.

#37 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

I grew up around PC gamers hence it being my preferred platform. So far, they still prefer it too.

#38 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6634 posts) -

Every single one of my friends are PC gamers ^.-

They are not rare, its not unusual, Id wager that it is WAY more commonplace then people tend to think.

But then again Im European, which is PC territory.

#39 Posted by PublicNuisance (4582 posts) -

Most of my friends and coworkers are PC gamers. it is actually more uncommon for me to know people who don't game on PC if they game at all.

#40 Posted by koospetoors (3245 posts) -
Nope, they truly are a rare creature to find.... Of course I already met a fellow PC gamer, who else can I possibly meet at the LAN parties I go to?!
#41 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

only 2 of my friends play video games it would have been 1 had i not got the second one into gaming but yeah we all play on PC
i wish gaming was more spread in my country. Nintendo doesn't even provide support here. :(

#42 Posted by Hate_Squad (1357 posts) -

most of my friends game on a pc.the sad part is they pirate everything,they've never bought anything.they use the classic lame excuse"why buy when i can get it for free?"

#43 Posted by PublicNuisance (4582 posts) -

most of my friends game on a pc.the sad part is they pirate everything,they've never bought anything.they use the classic lame excuse"why buy when i can get it for free?"

Hate_Squad

At least they're honest. I have nown several people who would pirate games and say "if it's good i'll buy it" and then never buy it.

#44 Posted by Videodogg (12602 posts) -

Very rarely have i ever met anyone who actually games on a pc. Whenever i mention i have a new game, people say, "... oh, what console, ps3 or xbox? " and then hand out their gamer tag. Then i say i got the pc version and they look at me like a leper.

#45 Posted by PublicNuisance (4582 posts) -

Very rarely have i ever met anyone who actually games on a pc. Whenever i mention i have a new game, people say, "... oh, what console, ps3 or xbox? " and then hand out their gamer tag. Then i say i got the pc version and they look at me like a leper.

Videodogg

Were the master race, it is you who should be looking at them with disgust :)

#46 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
My girl is a PC gamer, so yes I have. Also have a guy across the street that is a PC gamer.
#47 Posted by CrocodileNuts (189 posts) -

Videodogg
lol same here
#48 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -

When I had RL friends, there were quite a few PC gamers among them. One converted to 360, I don't talk to him anymore.

#49 Posted by Sweetbackhair (1926 posts) -
All of my friends are console gamers, which I used to play with them all the time on Xbox but I decided to play PC instead.
#50 Posted by timma25 (1131 posts) -

Live in northern Canada and know many. Went to University (shwa) and met many more. If you really don't know anyone that shares your hobby you should try going outside more and meeting people that share interests.

Also as a 4 year graduate if I could advise one thing about post secondary education (and high school even) - join clubs, go out, meet people, even game with people in person (lans and such). If you stay locked away in your room gaming you will regret it incredibly, for a variety of reasons.