This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I'm deciding whether to buy ESO or renew my WoW subscription. I have the latest expansion and I leveled up my character to 92 before stopping playing. My guild isn't active as it used to be anymore it's not as much fun playing now. ESO, on the other hand, is fresh but is it good? I'm also thinking about waiting for a sale on Steam because I once saw it 50% off but I decided against buying.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Not really what you asked, but I tried ESO and I only lasted about two hours. I also tried WoW and it felt really clunky.

Give Tera a try if you haven't already. It's a fantastic game, just the community is full of creeps.

GoodKingMog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By GoodKingMog
Member since 2015 • 167 Posts

neither... FF14.

best MMO on the market right now. there is literally enough content right now that if you started from level 1, you could do something new every day for the next 5 months and still probably not finish the story. i came back 3 months ago after completing the 2.0 story around the relaunch, and it took me the 3 months of playing about 4-5 days a week to finish all the post game stories, dungeons, and raids. the game has a -lot- of content.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

ESO for sure. It's my favorite MMO right now.

Couldn't get into FF14 like the guy above, WoW I got bored pretty quickly of and ESO is buy to play no subscriptions.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#5  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Kjranu said:

I'm deciding whether to buy ESO or renew my WoW subscription. I have the latest expansion and I leveled up my character to 92 before stopping playing. My guild isn't active as it used to be anymore it's not as much fun playing now. ESO, on the other hand, is fresh but is it good? I'm also thinking about waiting for a sale on Steam because I once saw it 50% off but I decided against buying.

I went back to ESO again after the subs were nixed and it still felt like the same meh game to me. Really don't see what anyone sees in it and I love mmos and I love TES. GW2 is my only real mmo I consistently go back to right now.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

Not really what you asked, but I tried ESO and I only lasted about two hours. I also tried WoW and it felt really clunky.

Give Tera a try if you haven't already. It's a fantastic game, just the community is full of creeps.

No, you don't understand. The Elin only -look- like little girls but they are really full grown adults... </sarcasm>

Yeah, playing that game creeped me out a bit, too.

-Byshop

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@Byshop said:

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

No, you don't understand. The Elin only -look- like little girls but they are really full grown adults... </sarcasm>

Yeah, playing that game creeped me out a bit, too.

-Byshop

Yeah...

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/2urjpm/your_prettiest_elin_face/cobh2f2

If you dare speak out, prepare for downvotes.

Just hit "view the rest of the comments" and try to understand what is wrong with these guys.

But I still stand by if you manage to ignore everyone or find some normal peeps, the game is fantastic.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@JigglyWiggly_: I never capped but I enjoyed the way the PvP was set up.

-Byshop

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Both WoW and ESO are great imo.