ESO fanatic playing Wildstar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Okay. So if you look at my previous post I enjoy The Elder Scrolls Online despite some of the questionable game design decisions. And even though I'm a big TES fan, I love MMORPGs more than any other genre. I currently have a VR 2 Templar that I absolutely enjoy playing with in ESO.

I met a great group of players in my guild who were taking a break from it, and they all had a friend who was really enthusiastic about Wildstar. I only spent 10 minutes with the game prior to the early access, but since I enjoyed playing with these people so much, I bought into the hype. My initial reaction wasn't horrible but I really wasn't too impressed at first.

I wasn't really enjoying the Engineer class and navigating quest(plus the backtracking) was getting on my !*&^% nerves. Rolling a Warrior my perspective started to change. I'm at level 15 and I just like to say Carbine Studios really has something here if you're looking for a MMORPG fix. Not to mention some of the flaws in ESO are even more noticeable when I do play Wildstar. Like I said before, I was playing The Elder Scrolls Online with friends and our #1 complaint was not being able to really quest with each other. Wildstar not only allows us to do that but it's just as fast pace, flashier, presents more of a challenge, and you can play with your $%^&ing friends!

I haven't reached the first dungeon, but from the chatter I here in Vent it sounds very engaging. Can't wait!

EDIT: I just like to add a note that the game's engine does need some optimization especially for AMD systems like mine.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#2 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I am enjoying it as well, and I did not get into the beta much.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I was really looking forward to this MMO, but two things mostly put me off (from beta):

1) the quest system is just so confusing. You have different types of quests, and then different layers and whatever. I felt lost most of the time, and I'm pretty good with that stuff.

2) Why did they make the UI SO HUGE? I know you can make it smaller, but it takes up so much space that you can barely see your character.

What I DID like was the comedy, the colourful graphics and the action combat which is pretty fun.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

Actually, I agree with you on #1. The structure of the questing is so confusing! I actually had to download a add-on to help me manage things better. I'm currently at level 20. I don't want anyone to take my word for it, since I did recommend The Elder Scrolls Online to people who eventually tried and hated the game. But.......if you can bare to not laugh at me...I recommend anyone to at least play a character until they finish the first dungeon. Then make your judgment. By that time the game will already have thrown enough at you to really make a valid assessment on your investment. I played through the first dungeon last night and my party was so impressed by the design that we were still talking about it an hour later.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vfibsux

I can say one thing...this is the Dark Souls of MMO's. I have never died so damn much before.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

@vfibsux said:

I can say one thing...this is the Dark Souls of MMO's. I have never died so damn much before.

I think Tera's/Vindictus combat is more similar to Dark Souls.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@vfibsux said:

Yeah, it's pretty tough at time. Elites are......elite again.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Game looks pretty fun I will keep my eye on it for sure.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@BSC14: yeah that was my first thought, even the "red" mobs are pretty damn tough and they're not exactly elite I don't think, they're just ranked "very strong". I've died countless times hitting a red mob now but then again I'm not that great a player.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vfibsux

@JigglyWiggly_ said:

@vfibsux said:

I think Tera's/Vindictus combat is more similar to Dark Souls.

You do know I am only comparing the dieing a lot part right? I don't recall dieing once in 30 levels in Tera....never played Vindictus.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

I was really looking forward to this MMO, but two things mostly put me off (from beta):

1) the quest system is just so confusing. You have different types of quests, and then different layers and whatever. I felt lost most of the time, and I'm pretty good with that stuff.

2) Why did they make the UI SO HUGE? I know you can make it smaller, but it takes up so much space that you can barely see your character.

What I DID like was the comedy, the colourful graphics and the action combat which is pretty fun.

1) Questing system is a bit confusing right away because of the crazy amount of variety. I got the hang of it pretty quickly but your mileage may vary

2) They redid the UI a long time ago, it's the best MMO UI I've ever seen. What resolution are you playing at? At 1080p it looks great. I play at 1440p and it's even better.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@FelipeInside said:

1) Questing system is a bit confusing right away because of the crazy amount of variety. I got the hang of it pretty quickly but your mileage may vary

2) They redid the UI a long time ago, it's the best MMO UI I've ever seen. What resolution are you playing at? At 1080p it looks great. I play at 1440p and it's even better.

To be honest I didn't play too much of the beta to make an informed review, but I tried the final beta again last month and lost interest in it quickly (maybe I'm burned out on MMOs, or it's just cause I don't have the time to play them?).

I'm playing at 1920x1080. The UI is pretty good, and laid out well...just too big.