ENSLAVED™: Odyssey to the West just released on steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lawlessx (46236 posts) -
#2 Edited by madrocketeer (2612 posts) -

Me neither, until recently. I am therefore unsure whether I should buy it.

#3 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

I was surprised that this game was actually pretty good. I still have it for ps3 but maybe I will get this again during a sale.

#4 Posted by danten81 (129 posts) -

It's a very good game for that price. Also Castlevania LOS is 14.99 at Amazon for those that are interested.

#6 Posted by buccomatic (1941 posts) -
#7 Edited by Baranga (14217 posts) -

Best game I played on my PS3. Loved it despite running at 25 fps... with dips.

PC version is locked 60.

#8 Posted by Masculus (2800 posts) -

Same day as Batman...

Yeah, gonna wait a while before getting it.

#9 Edited by with_teeth26 (5986 posts) -

What is this, an RPG? The description on the steam page is pretty vague

#10 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

@with_teeth26: action adventure like god of war, bayonetta, darksiders. the game is fun and i The story was interesting and the gameplay is not bad but not great either.

#11 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -

It's an action adventure game. It has some platforming sections like Uncharted. The lead female character is well done but the male protagonist is pretty repulsive lol. Other than that, it's a solid action game but I'd say it's worth $10 or less. I'm going to get it again on the PC but at a cheaper discounted price.

#12 Posted by with_teeth26 (5986 posts) -

^^ thanks guys, i'll pick it up eventually and give it a try.

#13 Edited by Tokeism (2273 posts) -

From memory I loved this game when I played it on x360, It has a good setting, story, characters and gameplay. I was surprise when I saw it on steam today, might pick it up on steam since I never played the DLC

#14 Posted by G-Lord (2129 posts) -

Too bad I already played the stuttery console version. It might be a bit shallow gameplay-wise, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

#15 Posted by bulby_g (977 posts) -

Enjoyable game, had it on the 360. I will pick it up again when it's on sale to play at 1080p with a smoother frame rate! Well worth this price for anyone who hasn't played it though.

#16 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6176 posts) -

Looks interesting I'll buy it when it drops in price for a sale.

#17 Edited by Flubbbs (2788 posts) -

i bought it yesterday.. its a pretty lazy port. theres only resolution options but you can tweek the ini file to change things if you want.. still a great game to play if you havent had the chance and hopefully this sell well enough to make a sequel

#18 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

@Flubbbs: Thanks for the info, all I need from the game is higher resolution and 60 fps to be happy with purchasing it. In the INI file is there any aa options?

#19 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16033 posts) -

There was so little news about this, so little fuzz about this releasing. No previews, no reviews. That's usually not a good sign.

@Flubbbs said:

i bought it yesterday.. its a pretty lazy port. theres only resolution options but you can tweek the ini file to change things if you want.. still a great game to play if you havent had the chance and hopefully this sell well enough to make a sequel

That's a shame. I'll definitely wait for a sale then, or finally get around to finishing the PS3 version.

#20 Posted by MaddenBowler10 (8807 posts) -

It's essentially an Tactical Action Adventure game.

#21 Edited by ZombieKiller7 (6194 posts) -

Played it on PS3, it was very good.

It's a melee combat game.