Elder Scrolls 6: What we want!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GTA_MGS_1
Member since 2008 • 524 Posts

Thought i'd make a list for the things I want improved in ES6 after re playing Skyrim again.

NPC's were dull and rarely had anything worthwhile to say.

Guild missions offered no rewards, in Oblivion, complete a guild mission a certain way and be rewarded, complete a guild and get an epic reward, same at the end of the storyline, Skyrim had no reward.

Same with exploration, no hidden weapons/armour to find, no special items, the only thing I remember was the Ebony Armour, which wasn't even exploration, it was a daedra quest!!

Story sucked, most side/guild missions sucked compared to Oblivion.

Skyrim did improve graphics, combat, leveling system etc.. what are your opinions? was skyrim to casual? thanks people.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Guild missions and finishing them did give unique rewards...

I do agree that a lot of the guild missions in Oblivion were better though with more variety. I really enjoyed the Arena in Oblivion too.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

At this point, I'd like to see somebody other than Bethesda make the game.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTA_MGS_1

Did they?? nothing like Oblivion though, the Arena was soo awesome!

Purple man you are right, give it too someone who knows how to make a proper RPG, Like TW2 devs.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

get the mod community involved in its actual development from a much earlier stage....open the development up a bit. give credit where its due in the games credits.

in skyrim things like frostfall and SKY UI are basically mandetory as far as i am concerned. even have some stuff (like better book covers, enhanced UI and improved weather) in the console release. basically if the consoles can run it then stick it in.

also develop with high end hardware in mind and work back. have super duper 20K stuipdly HD textures available and scale em back as needed. same with geometry and models and such like (i have a mod which makes chains in the game look like chains...a nice little detail to have). lighting too....develop it for high end hardware.

when the game is released also make more of it changeable by modders.

the other thing i want to see is the removal of loading screens. there should only be 1 when the game starts up. after that it should be possible to go from a house to a town then to the big world, into a dungeon and back out without seeing one single loading screen. two worlds did it (one of the very very few compliments i have for that game)...it can be done.

also more random stuff should happen. i like to walk to most places in skyrim becuase its sooo perty but i would like more random things to happen on my journeys. could be a rock slide while on a mountain cliff, coming accross a town being attacked by a giant, coming accross a dragon eating a cow and sneeking up to it....just more variety in random encounters basically.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#6  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

I would like to see them go back to a Morrowind-like sophisticated game model but it will never happen because they are catering to the console weenies. Hell, at least release a PC version without a freaking console UI for once, that is not something we should have to rely on mods for. And shorten the transition to get to the open world stuff, the whole prisoner having to go through a linear area crap thing needs to go.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Fallout 4

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#8  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

Fallout 4

Probably will be the next release....but this topic is for the next Elder Scrolls. Start your own thread.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

A more unique environment, more/larger villages, a better engine, more challenging dungeons/puzzles, and of course, continue the awesome mod support

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I WANT SKYWIND!!!!

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Some actual gameplay and a main quest.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

^ Word ! ^

:)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I want the Elder Scrolls to get rid of its main questline entirely and instead focus more on world simulation and game mechanics. Tone down the world size a bit too, I would rather have 20 or so well crafted dungeons than 200 sorry excuses for dungeons of which I can clear most within 30 seconds. Make combat tolerable too would be a great thing, especially magic which skyrim had probably the most poorly thought out spell system in any RPG I have played, getting rid of dual wielding magic would be a great start. Actually, all that needs to be done is that Bethesda should focus on getting what they have to actually work instead of adding 15 new half baked features that seem to exist for the sole reason to add things they can advertise at the back of the box.

The imperials vs stormcloaks was a good idea, but the implementation was terrible. Expand on the concept, to make it more than clear x generic forts. Redesign smithing from the ground up, all it did to Skyrim was to completely break the game allowing the player to create absurdly powerful weapons too easily and result in players obtaining top tier items way too early. If trying to come up with a good smithing system is too hard, just copy what either SWG, Ultima Online or Rune Factory did. Also, lower the level cap, instead of 60+, make the level cap somewhere between 5-10 and have a low power curve, now that the power curve is low, level scaling will no longer be needed. Finally redesign the armor system, so that it flat out lowers damage instead of a percentage, armor is nearly pointless in lower levels and too powerful at high levels.

DarthGumballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By DarthGumballs
Member since 2013 • 226 Posts

An MMO :P

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@Flubbbs said:

Fallout 4

Probably will be the next release....but this topic is for the next Elder Scrolls. Start your own thread.

no thanks

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

What I want:

1. A better combat system. The way the current combat system is, you dont have to react that often and larger enemies are pretty much the exact same to fight as smaller enemies.

2. Better AI. The AI in skyrim is atrocious they pick from a random selection of about 4 moves every 5 seconds. Spiders should be able to crawl on walls etc...

3. Spell crafting back to morrowind.

4. Skill Trees that actually affect gameplay. Heavy armor and light armor are essentially the same thing etc...

5. An arena like oblivion, but more well done than straight up combat. Make the arena have a maze or traps that matter. Spice that shit up.

6. Dragons that don't spawn every 10 minutes.

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GTA_MGS_1

Thanks for the replies people!

GTA_MGS_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GTA_MGS_1

Bring back the colourfull landscape also!

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

Better/deeper building/crafting/housing. It would be nice to build your own village or city or set up a shop.

COOP or multiplayer. Could do something similar to Two Worlds Two coop and mp.

Better melee system. Needs to be more like Mount and Blade Warband with 4 directional attack/block.

Revamp Magick system completely. Again look at Two Worlds Two magick system, much more fun and open. I have read lots about Morrowind magick and that seems way better too.

Lastly something to do with all my 1000's of tons of gold and jewels. The games economy was flawed.

Lastly lastly change the stupid difficulty system and give us funner modes like hardcore and such.