Duke Nukem 3D was Free on GoG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

Because of the holidays GOG is giving away for free Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition.

Gotta say anyone should get this game. DK3D is one of the most hilarious and enjoyable FPS out there.

Balls of Steel

Edit: The game now costs $3.00.

#2 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
i was actually about to buy this game tomorrow lol thank you so much for posting this
#3 Posted by 1PMrFister (3134 posts) -
I like free stuff. Downloading now.
#4 Posted by Lucianu (9447 posts) -

Don't forget to download the Duke Nukem 3D: High Resolution Pack for Polymer v5.1

Makes the game look like this, and with a updated gunplay that feels fantastic:

e2l4_05.jpg

As for info on how to add it, you mearly need to unzip the downloaded file, and pick the Duke Nukem: Atomic Edition game to play. For perfect gameplay, you can enable the updated gunplay and ninja kick from the duke32 menu.

#5 Posted by LessThanMike (5289 posts) -

Don't forget to download the Duke Nukem 3D: High Resolution Pack for Polymer v5.1

e2l4_05.jpg

As for info on how to add it, you mearly need to unzip the downloaded file, and pick the Duke Nukem: Atomic Edition game to play. For perfect gameplay, you can enable the updated gunplay and ninja kick from the duke32 menu.

Lucianu
that's the best I've ever seen duke look lol
#6 Posted by alan_carter (1404 posts) -

Thank u!

#7 Posted by MythPro1 (2746 posts) -
Free is nice! Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior are coming to Steam as well! :)
#8 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -
That's awesome. I need to give the game another spin sometimes, it's too nostalgic and fun.
#9 Posted by kieran88 (2273 posts) -
[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

e2l4_05.jpg

LessThanMike

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!
#10 Posted by Rickylee (1342 posts) -

I'm going to have to pull the trigger on this one with that high res pac. I do have a question though, does the game use mouse look? It's been so long I don't remember. :)

#11 Posted by Lucianu (9447 posts) -

I'm going to have to pull the trigger on this one with that high res pac. I do have a question though, does the game use mouse look? It's been so long I don't remember. :)

Rickylee

No, you can ofcourse use the mouse/kb as in any other FPS, but you cannot look up or down.

#12 Posted by matem8904 (46 posts) -
Cool! Duke Nukem really had style back then. It's a pity DN Forever is so lame.
#13 Posted by Elann2008 (32991 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

e2l4_05.jpg

LessThanMike

Hey. Let's leave the Duke Nukem Forever jokes out of this thread. [spoiler] Just kidding! :D [/spoiler]

#14 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rickylee"]

Lucianu

No, you can ofcourse use the mouse/kb as in any other FPS, but you cannot look up or down.

Isn't there a way you can? I haven't played DN3D in years, but I seem to remember being able to use full-on mouse look.

#15 Posted by blangenakker (2392 posts) -

Can someone help me out with the mod, people over on GoG say to copy of the duke3d.grp file but I can't find it anywhere

*edit* never mind, used a different file, but now it crashes

#16 Posted by SharkheadHD (231 posts) -

I'm trying to record this game with Fraps but it doesn't record DosBOX even when I set the output to OpenGL, can anyone help?

#17 Posted by Lucianu (9447 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="Rickylee"]

the_bi99man

Isn't there a way you can? I haven't played DN3D in years, but I seem to remember being able to use full-on mouse look.

Nah, there's no full mouse look in the vanilla, un-modded version. Though you can mearly play it trough duke32 in it's original state with full mouse look (the HD pack above is optional).

#18 Posted by Lucianu (9447 posts) -

Can someone help me out with the mod, people over on GoG say to copy of the duke3d.grp file but I can't find it anywhere

*edit* never mind, used a different file, but now it crashes

blangenakker

Don't use a different file, you can find DUKE3D.grp in the installation folder. I just installed it again to make sure it's there, and there it is. If it crashes again, i have no idea, because it always worked perfectly fine for me.

#19 Posted by HouseMuzik4Life (134 posts) -
Does it include MP
#20 Posted by hartsickdiscipl (14787 posts) -

Thank you for posting this!

#21 Posted by Riadon2 (1609 posts) -

Because of the holidays GOG is giving away for free Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition.

Gotta say anyone should get this game. DK3D is one of the most hilarious and enjoyable FPS out there.

Balls of Steel

Miroku32

It costs $3 for me...

#22 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
Well, it was for 2 days. Let me change the thread name.
#23 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -
Dammit I missed it free.. such an awesome game though..