Dreamfall Chapters Kickstarter - final tally 1.54 million!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

Ok, so I am a huge fan of Dreamfall and I know a lot of people are big fans of The Longest Journey so I really want to direct as much attention to this as possible. The sequel to TLJ and Dreamfall is in development at Red Thread Games, an indie studio started by the original creative director (Ragnar Tornquist), and several of the original devs and writers. They have been working on the prototype for some month due to a grant from the Netherlands film institute.

The Kickstarter ended with 1.54 million in contributions + PayPal (which hasn't been announced). There are still plenty of in game images, videos and dev interviews to check out on the Kickstarter page.

Dreamfall Chapters on Kickstarter

Dreamfall Chapters on Steam Greenlight

The Kickstarter may be over, but you can still vote for Dreamfall Chapters on Steam Greenlight.

EDIT:  Final edit, Kickstarter over, still up on Greenlight

Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#2 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I've already pledged to this one. :)

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I'd prefer people to give their money to Torment but I've supported both. I'm sure they will make the 1.5 or come close and if they come close I'm sure they will use the money to put in as much content as they can.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SerOlmy
I am excited about Torment too, but I am WAY more excited about seeing the end of the Dreamfall story. I've donated to both too, but considerably more to Dreamfall Chapters.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SerOlmy
Well, they are entering the home stretch. The Kickstarter ends tomorrow morning Eastern time. Still need a bit over 100k to hit the really big 1.5 million stretch goal. I'm sure all the fans would really like to see that one so here is hoping they get a last day rush of contributions.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
There usually is a peak at the end, mostly because kickstarter pushes it on the front page as "ending soon" type thing. Might just make 1.5 million
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
i will never kickstart a software project A- because they regularly go over budget and B- because they always have you waiting 2 years for the finished product im sorry, but i just dont care for my money hanging out there for years before i get anything.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SerOlmy

Here we are in the last 12 hour stretch, if you haven't contributed already they could really use the help to hit their 1.5 million stretch goal. Only need 75k now!

i will never kickstart a software project A- because they regularly go over budget and B- because they always have you waiting 2 years for the finished product im sorry, but i just dont care for my money hanging out there for years before i get anything.Geminon

Cool story bro.

Anyone is free to spend or withhold their money for whatever reason they want.  But these guys are making something unique and a small (or large, heh) contribution could really help make that a reality.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Geminon

Here we are in the last 12 hour stretch, if you haven't contributed already they could really use the help to hit their 1.5 million stretch goal. Only need 75k now!

[QUOTE="Geminon"]i will never kickstart a software project A- because they regularly go over budget and B- because they always have you waiting 2 years for the finished product im sorry, but i just dont care for my money hanging out there for years before i get anything.SerOlmy

Cool story bro.

Anyone is free to spend or withhold their money for whatever reason they want.  But these guys are making something unique and a small (or large, heh) contribution could really help make that a reality.

cool story right back at you. i couldnt care less what these guys are doing. nobody should expect a consumer to pay for something that they arent going to get for 2 years.... that is completely ludicrous. i didnt say a word about whether or not i was ALLOWING you to do it, so shove your "anyone is free to..." story right up your ass.
8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Damn glad this got funded, totally a day 1 buy.
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SerOlmy
Yeah, they only need about 15k to hit the big stretch goal now, with 3 hours or so left.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

It made it to 1.5

Finished at 1,538,175

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

i will never kickstart a software project A- because they regularly go over budget and B- because they always have you waiting 2 years for the finished product im sorry, but i just dont care for my money hanging out there for years before i get anything.Geminon

Welcome to the Free Market Economy ^^

If you don't like that, russia would be a good place to start.... :P

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SerOlmy
As someone above said, they ended with 1.54 million in contributions not counting PayPal. That brought them past the director's cut stretch goal, which will add a bunch more content. They had a great showing and I can't wait to play the finished game. This will be my last update to the main post. You can still up vote Chapters on Steam Greenlight.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Geminon

[QUOTE="Geminon"]i will never kickstart a software project A- because they regularly go over budget and B- because they always have you waiting 2 years for the finished product im sorry, but i just dont care for my money hanging out there for years before i get anything.Justforvisit

Welcome to the Free Market Economy ^^

If you don't like that, russia would be a good place to start.... :P

huh? a free market economy has absolutely NOTHING to do with consumers spending money and getting nothing for it for an extended period of time.