Dragon Age 2 Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Skargamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Skargamer
Member since 2009 • 2569 Posts

Can I play Dragon Age 2 on my PC with a wired Xbox 360 controller? Wanted to get this for my PC for the graphics but since I liked the controls for the demo on the Xbox, I was wondering if the PC version supports and Xbox controller?

Thanks in advance. :)

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

No

iloveyourface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 iloveyourface
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

yeah it's a huge bummer but unforunately there's no controller support. i had success mapping a few of the keys, but the right analog stick and a few of the buttons aren't recognized. you'd have to use xpadder or some 3rd party software to use the controller. which is a huge letdown because this game is very suited for button mashing... hopefully they'll make a patch for it but don't count on it.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
would be nice to have that option. i think you'll be fine with a keyboard and mouse though.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Can't, but it handles really well for K+M imo.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
Grr i just got Dragon age 2 today (UK Version) and because it's not out till tomorrow i can't play it -_- this is soo annoying
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I don't even know why people with gaming PCs have xboxes...
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
I don't even know why people with gaming PCs have xboxes...jedinat
I have it for exercise (Kinect)
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
-tales of vesperia -Vanquish -lost odyssey -tales of vesperia - red dead redemption -alan wake -limbo -ninja gaiden -Bayonetta love my xbox xP as long as theres no red ring lol. i'm very happy that microsoft pretty much standardized the pc gamepad with their 360 controller makes a lot of games easier for me to play when it's not fps, rts or rpg.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jedinat
^Half of those are on PS3. But if you like your xbox, great.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

I played the 360 demo and the pc demo, and for some reason dodging is not in the 360 version also asigning tasks to your teammates is near impossible with the 360 controller. Even if there was a 360 control option, the kb/m layout is better imo

thejakeyl88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thejakeyl88
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I am having a real hard time playing with the mouse and keyboard. Now I'm an FPS, RTS guy, and I really love this game, but I started it on the 360 at a friends house, and since I have DX11, I got it on the PC. I tried using the controller right away since I already knew everything on the 360 controller, but it didn't work. I tried with the mouse and keyboard, but when it comes to attacking, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to aim on a creature, while trying to run and direct my movement, I mean you'd have to have two hands on the mouse to aim your direction whether the cursor to put on a creature to attack, or just to change directions, and forget changing directions or moving, while attacking. I also will never be able to dodge or anything like that since I cannot control the movement and everything all at once, am I missing something here? I mean when I'm trying to put my cursor on a creature to right click to attack, if the creature moves even slightly it takes me 5 seconds or more to get the mouse back on him, and first I have to stop running, adjust the camera angle, and by then I'm swarmed. Its really irritating I'm getting so frustrated because thats the one little thing that makes the game not playable. Unless I'm supposed to just sit back and let it attack on its own or something, if not then this has got to be the worst control system ever (for attacking).
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jedinat

^ I don't know what you're doing exactly, but you're obviously doing it wrong. The control scheme is extremely easy to handle. Move with wasd, control the cursor with the mouse, hold down the right mouse button to move the camera (i.e. standard FPS mode), press space to pause combat, 'R' to attack next enemy, etc...

BTW, not sure if you got this, but you only have to right click once on a creature and you will contrinue to atack it...

Heartagram_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Heartagram_03
Member since 2005 • 3697 Posts

The only reason why I'm keeping my xbox is that, I have 6 profiles on Mass Effect 1 & 2, it would be terrible to lose them all.

Topic: No Dragon Age Origins and 2 do not support game pads. K&M is 10x better imo.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
[QUOTE="thejakeyl88"]I am having a real hard time playing with the mouse and keyboard. Now I'm an FPS, RTS guy, and I really love this game, but I started it on the 360 at a friends house, and since I have DX11, I got it on the PC. I tried using the controller right away since I already knew everything on the 360 controller, but it didn't work. I tried with the mouse and keyboard, but when it comes to attacking, I find it IMPOSSIBLE to aim on a creature, while trying to run and direct my movement, I mean you'd have to have two hands on the mouse to aim your direction whether the cursor to put on a creature to attack, or just to change directions, and forget changing directions or moving, while attacking. I also will never be able to dodge or anything like that since I cannot control the movement and everything all at once, am I missing something here? I mean when I'm trying to put my cursor on a creature to right click to attack, if the creature moves even slightly it takes me 5 seconds or more to get the mouse back on him, and first I have to stop running, adjust the camera angle, and by then I'm swarmed. Its really irritating I'm getting so frustrated because thats the one little thing that makes the game not playable. Unless I'm supposed to just sit back and let it attack on its own or something, if not then this has got to be the worst control system ever (for attacking).

...you have to pause the comat.
johnevegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 johnevegas
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts
Madden