Double Fine confirms Grim Fandango remaster coming to PC

#1 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

"Reap your heart out!" Double Fine tweeted. "We're pleased to announce Grim Fandango will also be available on PC, Mac, and Linux alongside PlayStation 4 and Vita!"

Link.

#2 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (3712 posts) -

Niiiice

Reaction GIF: yes, fuck yeah, Brent Spiner, Star Trek
#3 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16336 posts) -

This was one of the best announcements to me of last E3.

I never got to enjoy Grim Fandago, so I'm happy I'll be able to enjoy a more polished up version and experience its greatness. I've only read about it's premise and it sounds so interesting already :P

However, I read and heard a lot about this from Double Fine, like them saying they would contact mod developers and some guy that made an 'HD version'

They were talking about this one: http://grimfandangodeluxe.blogspot.be/2012/03/hi-res-manny-is-here.html

The thing is, they never got really far with this mod. They worked on it from time to time, but they only polished up some parts of the game. So if Double Fine only counts on mod devs, they won't get far. They still have a lot of work to do themselves...

#4 Posted by Garfield360UK (19565 posts) -

Awesome, looking forward to giving this a go.

Here is hoping Day of the Tentacle also gets some love soon!

#5 Posted by harry_james_pot (10657 posts) -

Nice! I hope they only update the visuals and don't touch the the sound or puzzles.

#6 Posted by nutcrackr (12492 posts) -

Even Double Fine is doing remastered games, lol

#7 Edited by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Even Double Fine is doing remastered games, lol

Well there is no legit way of buying the game sooooo.

#8 Posted by -wildflower- (2857 posts) -

I won't buy it. I still have the original (and the little figurine that came with it) but I suppose this is good news for people who want to check it out. It's a solid adventure game created in a time when Lucas Arts still had a clue. With that said, I really am not a fan of these HD remakes, at all.

#9 Edited by illmatic87 (15185 posts) -

I never doubted that this wasn't coming to PC ever since the announcement at Sony's E3.

The Console manufacturers are very loose and when it comes to the word 'exclusive'. They are deliberate when it is and try to communicate some consumer-business connotation when it's not.

#10 Posted by Blutfahne (272 posts) -

prolly add nothing like that age of empires 2 upgrade and still charge $30

#11 Edited by FelipeInside (25348 posts) -

I won't buy it. I still have the original (and the little figurine that came with it) but I suppose this is good news for people who want to check it out. It's a solid adventure game created in a time when Lucas Arts still had a clue. With that said, I really am not a fan of these HD remakes, at all.

What's wrong with remaking older games with new technology so gamers that missed out on it back then can enjoy it now?

#12 Edited by biggest_loser (24038 posts) -

I don't mind this particular remake since its a legitimately old game. It came out 16 years ago. Some of us missed it back then and can now play it with new graphics and controls. The technical aspects of this probably dated a lot quicker than something like Halo 1, which is very playable without a remake.

I would hope that they do a good job remastering the interface. The early Monkey Island remakes were lazy and didn't even bother to update the controls.

#13 Posted by verbalfilth (4586 posts) -

Great news. I will most likely pick it up for the PS4 all the same unless this remake is going to be

a point and click variation.

#14 Posted by olimcnoly (21 posts) -

Finally, the best of cynical wired humor adventure games of all time ;)

#15 Posted by PredatorRules (7577 posts) -

Never played the original but I'm familiar with the main character face, so it's must be classic.