Doing my first build in about a month or so. Is this good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Invisible_Kid2 (6330 posts) -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1134267 and the GPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130809 Would this run newer games pretty well? I'm mainly going to play games like Skyrim, Far Cry 3, Saints Row 3, and Day Z.
#2 Posted by 04dcarraher (19686 posts) -
Yes that system will do well
#3 Posted by kraken2109 (13078 posts) -

Get a hard drive too

#4 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

Get a hard drive too

kraken2109
And a copy of Windows...
#5 Posted by danxxx (680 posts) -
looks pretty good the only thing i would change is that 660ti for a gtx 670
#6 Posted by Invisible_Kid2 (6330 posts) -
[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Get a hard drive too

superclocked
And a copy of Windows...

Forgot to mention, I have a 1TB external HDD. Yeah, I still have to get Windows, a cd/dvd/bd drive, monitor, mouse, and keyboard. I have some old disc drives and m/kb but I want to upgrade. I'll probably do that later though.
looks pretty good the only thing i would change is that 660ti for a gtx 670danxxx
Would it be worth the extra $100? After shipping and all, I'll be putting in a little over a grand into this. So far the only computer gaming experience I have is on my 2-3 year old eMachine with an upgraded graphics card. Even then, it's not a huge leap and I'm still pretty limited on what I can play. I put in an HD 5550, so I'm sure that almost anything is going to be a big upgrade lol.
#7 Posted by BlazinBill557 (126 posts) -
looks pretty good the only thing i would change is that 660ti for a gtx 670danxxx
Would it be worth the extra $100? After shipping and all, I'll be putting in a little over a grand into this. So far the only computer gaming experience I have is on my 2-3 year old eMachine with an upgraded graphics card. Even then, it's not a huge leap and I'm still pretty limited on what I can play. I put in an HD 5550, so I'm sure that almost anything is going to be a big upgrade lol.

I'd like to know this as well. ^^^
#8 Posted by 04dcarraher (19686 posts) -
GTX 660ti kicks the heels of the 7950 so its not a slouch, but the GTX 670 stronger then 7950.