Does the PC version of Far Cry 2 support the 360 controller natively

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Does anyone know for sure if it supports the 360 gamepad like Crysis does?

Have to decide which version to get, it'll run better and look nicer on my PC but I want native controller support.

#2 Posted by bedram793 (1741 posts) -
It should, but I don't know why you would want it. Mouse and keyboard is so much better.
#3 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
I want it because it's so much better than using a keyboard. I do VERY well playing Crysis Wars with it.
#4 Posted by Captain__Tripps (4521 posts) -
Try playing someone online who has a kb/m with a controller and no auto aim.
#5 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -

I doubt it will since it's not a games for windows title. Everytime someone asks about a controller it's always the same thing.

#6 Posted by KPAC77 (81 posts) -
why bother when mouse and keyboard are superior to any controller when playing a FPS. This is one of the main strengths of PC gaming.
#7 Posted by kozzy1234 (35153 posts) -
Ive seen a few places saying that you can use a controller aswell as keyboard and mouse for farcry2 on pc.
#9 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -

why bother when mouse and keyboard are superior to any controller when playing a FPS. This is one of the main strengths of PC gaming.kmalyan

Sorry, but i agree, suing a controller in a PC game, especially FPS is plain dumb.

#11 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="kmalyan"]why bother when mouse and keyboard are superior to any controller when playing a FPS. This is one of the main strengths of PC gaming.doyousmellthat

Sorry, but i agree, suing a controller in a PC game, especially FPS is plain dumb.

You're dumb if you can't comprehend the question, I wasn't asking for your misinformed opinion. Thanks for your useless post.

Why would you sue a controller anyway? Did it beat you at a game, probably.

#13 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Found the answer myself in UBI softs help file

here's what I found

"* Vibration support is only available if using the Xbox 360 controller."

#14 Posted by Cdscottie (1872 posts) -

Controls schemes, KB/M or Controller, are peoples preferences. No need to knock the poor guy over it.

However, due to the inaccuracies with the analog controllers within FPSs, most games have auto-aim assist. While the majority of PC games do not even have the option for auto-aim assist. The mouse is more precise in execution of where you aim but I'm sure a player could get to the same degree of accuracy with a console controller with enough practice.

As for your question, it should have controller capabilities but due to it not having the "Games for Window" tag, it may not work exactly like you wan it to.

Note: Dropping the attitude and explaining why you enjoy the controller over the KB/M will save you lots of time and won't have people attacking your preference.

#15 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -

here's what I found

percuvius2

well, you should have looked it up yuorself at the beginning instead of being lazy and asking people to do it for you.

#17 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
[QUOTE="percuvius2"]

here's what I found

doyousmellthat

well, you should have looked it up yuorself at the beginning instead of being lazy and asking people to do it for you.

I was looking, genius.How do you think I found it? Duh!

#18 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

here's what I found

percuvius2

you looked after whining on here for awhile because no one answered you idiot. look yourself first, easy to find out.

#19 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

[QUOTE="kmalyan"]why bother when mouse and keyboard are superior to any controller when playing a FPS. This is one of the main strengths of PC gaming.percuvius2

You knwo i suck based on what exactly? LOL, you would get killed against any K/M player. nothing you say changes the fact K/M is way better accurate, and precise.

You're dumb if you can't comprehend the question, I wasn't asking for your misinformed opinion. Thanks for your useless post.

Playing a game like a FPS on a PC on a inaccurate gimped controller is the definition of pointless. No, you never beat me on anything, you obviously have issues if you get this upset on the net if someone tells u the truth,relax kid, and no, I doubt you can beat much of anyone online. Got nothing to do with skill either, keyboard and mouse is simply better, this is widely known, even reviews mention it. people keep mentioning it becasue it is the truth, if yuo're to immature to handle that, STFU. 2 people witht he same skill one with gamepad with with M/K, M/K would win everytime.

I wasn't asking for your less than useless opinion. IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU SUCK. Don't compare me to your garbage skills, I've heard this BS argument many times, why can't you beat me then? I can play on Crysis Wars server on ANY SETTINGS, but you can't, if I enabled gamepads only, you'd have to QUIT because you don't have the skill to compete. I'll compete no matter what the settings, KID (great insult you skill less loser)

YOU couldn't be more wrong, I was in the top 100 in the world playing Halflife with a trackball and flight stick. I'll embarrass you ANYTIME at Crysis Wars. What are those people I'm beating using? Yeah a kb/m. Learn some comprehension next time.

#21 Posted by MyopicCanadian (8345 posts) -

Sorry, I still don't have a clear answer. I understand it has support for vibration in a 360 controller, but does that inherently mean that it has native support? Like if I have my gamepad connected, it will have a default button mapping for my controller?

I thought at first that GFW meant that the game had to have native 360 controller support, but I can't find anything to support that argument, and Age of Conan is a GFW title that didn't seem to have proper controller support.

#22 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -

Sorry, I still don't have a clear answer. I understand it has support for vibration in a 360 controller, but does that inherently mean that it has native support? Like if I have my gamepad connected, it will have a default button mapping for my controller?

I thought at first that GFW meant that the game had to have native 360 controller support, but I can't find anything to support that argument, and Age of Conan is a GFW title that didn't seem to have proper controller support.

MyopicCanadian

As a rule, GFW is SUPPOSED to support 360 controller, BUT Conan is an MMO on PC, with allt he menus, hot keys and slots you have to use I cannot imagine usign a gamepad with it, at least not the way the game is currently.

If you want an answer i suggest you ask the proper people, like Far Cry 2 forums or ubi support.

#23 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
[QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

here's what I found

doyousmellthat

you looked after whining on here for awhile because no one answered you idiot. look yourself first, easy to find out.

You're full of it. It sure was amazing how many posters failed comprehension though.

#24 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

here's what I found

percuvius2

You're full of it. It sure was amazing how many posters failed comprehension though.

You being the worst.

#25 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
[QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

[QUOTE="kmalyan"]why bother when mouse and keyboard are superior to any controller when playing a FPS. This is one of the main strengths of PC gaming.doyousmellthat

Playing a game like a FPS on a PC on a inaccurate gimped controller is the definition of pointless. No, you never beat me on anything, you obviously have issues if you get this upset on the net if someone tells u the truth,relax kid, and no, I doubt you can beat much of anyone online. Got nothing to do with skill either, keyboard and mouse is simply better, this is widely known, even reviews mention it. people keep mentioning it becasue it is the truth, if yuo're to immature to handle that, STFU. 2 people witht he same skill one with gamepad with with M/K, M/K would win everytime.

I wasn't asking for your less than useless opinion. IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU SUCK. Don't compare me to your garbage skills, I've heard this BS argument many times, why can't you beat me then? I can play on Crysis Wars server on ANY SETTINGS, but you can't, if I enabled gamepads only, you'd have to QUIT because you don't have the skill to compete. I'll compete no matter what the settings, KID (great insult you skill less loser)

YOU couldn't be more wrong, I was in the top 100 in the world playing Halflife with a trackball and flight stick. I'll embarrass you ANYTIME at Crysis Wars. What are those people I'm beating using? Yeah a kb/m. Learn some comprehension next time.

BWHAHAHA

BWHAHA

LOL, yeah right, good try, K/M = better, nothing else you say changes that fact, or the fact you're a lyer. why would I beleiev someone who flys off the handle and acts like he's 2?,

Game pads only doesn't prove anything, try K/M versus gamepad, you would be crying for a month, there is a reason top profesional players all use K/M. The whole discussion was based on gamepad versus K/M, not how good a retard can sue a gamepad, lol.

How do you know i suck? the first 3 letters in assumption spell.........

Crysis Wars, my name there is 360 GAMEPAD. I'll embarrass you anytime you're ready and then tell EVERYONE how badly you lost to a gamepad.I'll bet you play as bad as your grammar.

#28 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
[QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

BWHAHAHA

BWHAHA

LOL, yeah right, good try, K/M = better, nothing else you say changes that fact, or the fact you're a lyer. why would I beleiev someone who flys off the handle and acts like he's 2?,

Game pads only doesn't prove anything, try K/M versus gamepad, you would be crying for a month, there is a reason top profesional players all use K/M. The whole discussion was based on gamepad versus K/M, not how good a retard can sue a gamepad, lol.

Crysis Wars, my name there is 360 GAMEPAD. I'll embarrass you anytime you're ready and then tell EVERYONE how badly you lost to a gamepad.

HAHA, the same guy that got owned the other night, k. When i feel like embarassing a retard I'll let you know.

No, I haven't been on Crysis in over 4 days, liar.

#29 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

BWHAHAHA

BWHAHA

Crysis Wars, my name there is 360 GAMEPAD. I'll embarrass you anytime you're ready and then tell EVERYONE how badly you lost to a gamepad.

HAHA, the same guy that got owned the other night, k. When i feel like embarassing a retard I'll let you know. THE POINT IS nothing to do with skill, COMPREHENSION, the fact is, if the same person with the EXACT same skilled played with Gamepad then M/K, the M/K is more precise, accurate and smoother movement, making ti a betetr control scheme for FPS, how good you think you are chanegs nothing. Man, some people should not be allowed on the net. The time it takes to turn arond with gamepad alone makes it a bgi disadvantage, then you ahve less accurate aim. LEARN TO READ. If you are beating people with K/M, I suggest you stop playign against 5 year olds with mental issues.

Comprehend.

#30 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

MyopicCanadian

Why would they write code to support the vibration of the 360 controller SPECIFICALLY and not support anything else? Wouldn't make any sense. Anyways, Crysis and Warhead both have the controller icon and "support for xbox 360 controller for windows" on the back of the box ;)

#31 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

here's what I found

percuvius2

You being the worst.

Seeing as I was the OP, you're comment is beyond retarded and worse than your grammar.

That's rich coming from a guy who asked if 360 is supported after finding out only vibration was supported on the 360 gamepad, lol. Dumb much?

#32 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

BWHAHAHA

BWHAHA

HAHA, the same guy that got owned the other night, k. When i feel like embarassing a retard I'll let you know. THE POINT IS nothing to do with skill, COMPREHENSION, the fact is, if the same person with the EXACT same skilled played with Gamepad then M/K, the M/K is more precise, accurate and smoother movement, making ti a betetr control scheme for FPS, how good you think you are chanegs nothing. Man, some people should not be allowed on the net. The time it takes to turn arond with gamepad alone makes it a bgi disadvantage, then you ahve less accurate aim. LEARN TO READ. If you are beating people with K/M, I suggest you stop playign against 5 year olds with mental issues.

Comprehend.

I comprehend you're an idiot. And I'll also beat you with a gamepad and laugh and laugh.

#33 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -

playing against special olympians doesn't count dude, sorry. Someones skill does not change the fact mouse and keyboard is a better control device for FPS, a mouse is just more accurate, fluid and has faster movement, FACT, nothing you say changes this well known fact. All the top professional gamers use Keyboard and mouse for a reason, and they are not playing against retards like yuo apparently are.

#34 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

playing against special olympians doesn't count dude, sorry. Someones skill does not change the fact mouse and keyboard is a better control device for FPS, a mouse is just more accurate, fluid and has faster movement, FACT, nothing you say changes this well known fact. All the top professional gamers use Keyboard and mouse for a reason, and they are not playing against retards like yuo apparently are.

doyousmellthat

Did you win a medal?

Your opinion is worthless to me. How many times are you going to repeat yourself to no avail? ANYTIME, I'll kick your ass. Look for me "360 Gamepad" on a Crysis Wars server near you. Unless all you can do is type your opinion on a message board?

#35 Posted by doyousmellthat (193 posts) -

All you are doing is repeating yourself hypocrite, lol. once again, mouse and keyboard is better, nothing you say changes that, that is common knowledge, how good you think your e-pen is of no concern, you would be even betetr if you use M/K, FACT. All I have seen you do id type on a forum, look in the mirror.

Also, i hate to break it to you, you are not that good, i saw you get owned before, that name stands out as only a retard uses 360 gamepad as their name, my bet is your still using M/K and lying to try and make yourself look better, pathetic. Anyone can BS on the internetz.

#36 Posted by strider_ATI (735 posts) -
i prefer to use a controller with all games except RTS. That's why i bought a 360 controller for my PC. Games just aren't much fun with the mouse and keyboard...( especially TPS and adventure games )
#37 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

All you are doing is repeating yourself hypocrite, lol. once again, mouse and keyboard is better, nothing you say changes that, that is common knowledge, how good you think your e-pen is of no concern, you would be even betetr if you use M/K, FACT. All I have seen you do id type on a forum, look in the mirror.

Also, i hate to break it to you, you are not that good, i saw you get owned before, that name stands out as only a retard uses 360 gamepad as their name, my bet is your still using M/K and lying to try and make yourself look better, pathetic. Anyone can BS on the internetz.

doyousmellthat

Go to someone elses thread, you have NOTHING to offer. This thread is about the 360 controller and Far Cry 2 compatability. It's not a thread asking for OPINIONS on controls settings. Again you fail at comprehension.

To prove how STUPID and PATHETIC your excuse of "usinf M/K...make yourself look better, pathetic.Anyone can BS..." is, there is a GAMEPADS ONLY option for the server, set it and I'll beat you AGAIN

Leave this thread if you can't stay on topic or backup your OPINION with an actual match.

#38 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -
[QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]

here's what I found

doyousmellthat

You being the worst.

Seeing as I was the OP, you're comment is beyond retarded and worse than your grammar.

That's rich coming from a guy who asked if 360 is supported after finding out only vibration was supported on the 360 gamepad, lol. Dumb much?

What? It never said "only vibration was supported on the 360" CAN YOU READ ENGLISH? It said "vibration is only supported if using the 360 controller" You need to go to school instead of playing with your mouse and keyboard.

#39 Posted by Cdscottie (1872 posts) -
Look dude give it a rest. You like the console controller over the KB/M. Good for you. Now let this thread die as you have your answer.
#40 Posted by Deihmos (7819 posts) -

MyopicCanadian

The GFW rule is the game will have controller support if it makes sense. An RTS game that is GFW will not have controller support.

#41 Posted by -Master_St3ve- (1421 posts) -
This thread is fun to read.
#42 Posted by Teuf_ (30805 posts) -
Well I think we've all seen enough trolling and flaming for one day.