Does "Steam Cloud" save your saved games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6147b2292c2dd
deactivated-6147b2292c2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-6147b2292c2dd
Member since 2004 • 1258 Posts

I have heard about this "Steam Cloud" thing, is this where you can do the thing were Steam will save your save game to steam? Like, If I load up steam on a different computer and install a game, I can also play my saved games that where saved on the internet? If not, where can I do that on steam with my save games?

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts
That's kind of the point of it. Only certain games support it though.
James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

Only certain games on Steam have that ability. Right now I can only confirm Orange Box games have Steam Cloud. There may be others though. While you are playing, everything is saved to your local computer. When you exit the game, Steam will upload all your saves and game settings to the "cloud". If you install the game on another computer, Steam will also install any saves and game settings you may have. So it works pretty much automatically assuming there are no bugs.

Avatar image for CrazyKilljoy117
CrazyKilljoy117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CrazyKilljoy117
Member since 2006 • 1073 Posts

Yep, it basically transfers all your saved games, sprays and custom kb/m or gamepad configs to use on any other computer you log onto. Note that a game must have Cloud Support for you to take advantage of these features, so not all Steam games have it.

StopThePresses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StopThePresses
Member since 2010 • 2767 Posts

Only certain games on Steam have that ability. Right now I can only confirm Orange Box games have Steam Cloud. There may be others though. While you are playing, everything is saved to your local computer. When you exit the game, Steam will upload all your saves and game settings to the "cloud". If you install the game on another computer, Steam will also install any saves and game settings you may have. So it works pretty much automatically assuming there are no bugs.

James00715
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom and Torchlight are just a couple examples of other games on Steam that have Steam Cloud support. Games will say on their store page if they have it.
andytizer8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 andytizer8888
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
You can make any game have cloud saving by using an application called Windows Live Sync to automatically save the folder onto SkyDrive. I have written up a post here: http://www.shinyhacks.com/2010/09/how-to-sync-savegames-on-cloud.html
Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
Civ 5 will also have steam cloud support.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Think its steam cloud, got this message when i launched plants vs zombies about saving content and next time i played everything was wiped clean! Had 128hrs played on that game.