Does anyone still play Guild Wars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hunt123 (10 posts) -
hey im thinking of getting guild wars for pc and im just wondering if a lot of people still play it?
#2 Posted by MattUD1 (20715 posts) -
I still play occasionally.
#3 Posted by HunterX-54 (4031 posts) -
Theres a large community that still plays Guild Wars. With the 'expansions' it keeps gamers playing. My brother plays this constantly and I always see a crowded area.
#4 Posted by Zeldaguy16 (974 posts) -
I have it and all the expansions, but once I got basically 4-5 guys to level 20 (max level) I got bored of it quickly. Now I play WoW, but if you can't get WoW get Guild Wars I guess.

Thing is about WoW though is that you should play sparingly and go outside every 2 and a half hours, or else you'll get addicted and your life will eventually be ruined.
#5 Posted by monco59 (2473 posts) -
I have it and all the expansions, but once I got basically 4-5 guys to level 20 (max level) I got bored of it quickly. Now I play WoW, but if you can't get WoW get Guild Wars I guess.

Thing is about WoW though is that you should play sparingly and go outside every 2 and a half hours, or else you'll get addicted and your life will eventually be ruined.
Zeldaguy16
I never understood that WoW addiction. As much as I try, I can never even get myself to like it enough to play it for more than a few days, let alone get addicted...
#6 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -
Theres a large community that still plays Guild Wars. With the 'expansions' it keeps gamers playing. My brother plays this constantly and I always see a crowded area.HunterX-54
Same for my brother.
#7 Posted by funnybunny12 (548 posts) -
Very large community, indeed. And since there aren't servers, you don't have to worry about joined a certain server that your friend or someone plays. Just change districts and stuff. So you can meet more people, too. I want GW REALLY badly, but I have to wait a few months until I get a new computer.
#8 Posted by squirellmeister (4 posts) -
Guild Wars also doesnt have a subscription fee unlike WoW, so I imagine people will play for a long time even just occasionally because its free.
#9 Posted by _Pedro_ (6829 posts) -
In the beginning I played a lot, but now i just play PvP battles, do some quests, Run For money etc etc. It never gets boring, but I don't play as much in a go than I do with other games.

I think I'm going to some things again :)
#10 Posted by pepperman33 (494 posts) -
Its got a community i'll give it that. But try and buy the newest 2. I find that the first game has very little people in missions
#11 Posted by bneal1981 (7 posts) -

hey im thinking of getting guild wars for pc and im just wondering if a lot of people still play it?Hunt123

go play WoW instead. WoW is the best game out there and they just keep making it better. yeah 15bucks a month bites but the best thing never come free :-p

#12 Posted by bneal1981 (7 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"]I have it and all the expansions, but once I got basically 4-5 guys to level 20 (max level) I got bored of it quickly. Now I play WoW, but if you can't get WoW get Guild Wars I guess.

monco59
I never understood that WoW addiction. As much as I try, I can never even get myself to like it enough to play it for more than a few days, let alone get addicted...

what level did u get to? if you only played for a few days then you didint very far into the game... the end game content pve and pvp is the best part.. leveling bites i didnt like the game when i first started and if it werent for some friend irl that were level capped encouraging me i would of quit and never played again. early in the game isnt too good imo

#13 Posted by zomglolcats (4335 posts) -

[QUOTE="monco59"][QUOTE="Zeldaguy16"]I have it and all the expansions, but once I got basically 4-5 guys to level 20 (max level) I got bored of it quickly. Now I play WoW, but if you can't get WoW get Guild Wars I guess.

bneal1981

what level did u get to? if you only played for a few days then you didint very far into the game... the end game content pve and pvp is the best part.. leveling bites i didnt like the game when i first started and if it werent for some friend irl that were level capped encouraging me i would of quit and never played again. early in the game isnt too good imo

Yeah, that's one area where all MMO's in general need improvement. The beginning levels shouldn't feel like a chore. It would be nice if they'd make them a bit more interesting.

#14 Posted by rgsniper1 (9341 posts) -

I play from time to time. I've been meaning to get back to it and finish up the campaigns, maybe sometime soon.

#15 Posted by Ein-7919 (3490 posts) -

[QUOTE="Hunt123"]hey im thinking of getting guild wars for pc and im just wondering if a lot of people still play it?bneal1981

go play WoW instead. WoW is the best game out there and they just keep making it better. yeah 15bucks a month bites but the best thing never come free :-p

Over two years, this thread is. If the TC hasn't already tried a WoW trial by now, I'm pretty sure he/she has made up his/her mind about whether to pick up GW.