Dishonored, Assassins Creed 3 and Max Payne 3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

Hey all, Dishonored and Max Payne 3 are offered at discount prices on steam right now. Was wondering which you would pick of the 3 mentioned in my title and why. I recently bought hitman absolution which is pretty fun but I doubt it will last too long. Thanks for any input on this.

#2 Posted by Legendaryscmt (12532 posts) -

Well, as far as Dishonored goes, I'd wait for a few days. Amazon will have it on sale Thursday afternoon for around $25 I believe, but it's the boxed version. Gamersgate will also have it on sale sometime this week, although the price isn't known yet. I'd wait to see which site has it for the cheapest first.

#3 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -
#4 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -
#5 Posted by ankor77 (956 posts) -

You mention AC3 in the topic. Is this going on sale anywhere? It just came out yesterday, but I am waiting for some type of sale. Id buy for 35 with a steam key

#6 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

You mention AC3 in the topic. Is this going on sale anywhere? It just came out yesterday, but I am waiting for some type of sale. Id buy for 35 with a steam key

ankor77
Don't think it will be on sale till maybe Christmas. I'm also looking for similar sales and am interested in AC3 but 50 bucks for it is a bit much.
#7 Posted by bonafidetk (3820 posts) -
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Dishonored will be 50% off at GMG starting Friday. Steam key.

nooblet69
Nice, will definitely be waiting for that. Thanks for the heads up. Anyone have an opinion on Max Payne 3 ?

Its alright. but the story is all over the place and nothing special. Multiplayer was full of hackers and Rockstar dont care, last I checked.
#8 Posted by DanielDust (15402 posts) -
[QUOTE="nooblet69"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

Dishonored will be 50% off at GMG starting Friday. Steam key.

bonafidetk
Nice, will definitely be waiting for that. Thanks for the heads up. Anyone have an opinion on Max Payne 3 ?

Its alright. but the story is all over the place and nothing special. Multiplayer was full of hackers and Rockstar dont care, last I checked.

This, I was pretty surprised to see an extremely average game after everyone was going nuts over how awesome it is. The only part where it's actually a Max Payne game, in intensity, feeling, atmosphere and everything else is the ending, the ending was great, everything else is just a movie with some quick "player assisted" cutscenes AKA actual gameplay. The story just repeats itself, about 3 or 4 times then the game ends (same plot, just new characters and a new background ****spoiler, I guess**** Max is wasted, bad stuff happens, somebody gets hurt, Max tries to make things right, fails, gets wasted some more, rewind > play, except the ending).
#9 Posted by biggest_loser (24047 posts) -

I think I'd wait for Far Cry 3. All those games have their issues. Although, I'm not really qualified to speak hugely on AC3 as I haven't played enough of it yet.

Heres my Max Payne 3 review you want to read it. I've probably talked enough about it on the forums:

http://au.gamespot.com/max-payne-3/user-reviews/797162/platform/pc/

Avoid Dishonored. Its just not balanced enough and the story is weak.

#10 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I think I'd wait for Far Cry 3. All those games have their issues. Although, I'm not really qualified to speak hugely on AC3 as I haven't played enough of it yet.

Heres my Max Payne 3 review you want to read it. I've probably talked enough about it on the forums:

biggest_loser
Would you say dishonored is worth it at 25 bucks though ? I am really looking forward to far cry 3 but haven't preordered yet. Any deals on that by any chance ?
#11 Posted by Baranga (14217 posts) -

I am really looking forward to far cry 3 but haven't preordered yet. Any deals on that by any chance ?nooblet69

Apparently it doesn't work in NA but you can preorder from GMG for... whatever it costs with a 25% off code: GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q
They also have a 20% off code on the main page. Someone on NeoGAF posted this one for 30% off: GMG30-0S3NJ-32J92

I have no idea what's going on so try them all.

#12 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4076 posts) -

Dishonored offers the most replayability but Assassin's Creed 3 will probably have the longest capaign. Max Payne 3 is much simpler compared to those two. All three are very different in setting and gameplay. As usual, it all depends on your personal taste.

Either way, all three are great games so you won't go far wrong with whichever one you get.

#13 Posted by princeofshapeir (13964 posts) -
In order of quality: 1. Max Payne 3 2. Dishonored 3. AC3 All three games are great but I'd really recommend Max Payne 3. Probably the best TPS this gen as far as raw shooting mechanics are concerned.
#14 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

I've only played Max Payne 3 out of those so far so I can't make an unbiased decision for you, but for what its worth Max Payne 3 was a blast. It had a great single player AND fantastic multiplayer, with some co-op DLC if you're into that.

#15 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -
Dishonored > MP3 > Assassins Creed 3.
#16 Posted by 8-Bitterness (3707 posts) -
I'd pick Dishonored because it looks pretty interesting and fun, plus the artstyle is cool but I don't think I'd pay over $15-20 for it since I don't particularly need it right now.
#17 Posted by Elann2008 (32953 posts) -
All 3 are great games. AC3, although a bit too early to tell is great so far so I'll go on that. I would say Dishonored > Max Payne 3 > Assassin's Creed 3.
#18 Posted by Macutchi (4040 posts) -

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

nooblet69

Would you say dishonored is worth it at 25 bucks though ? I am really looking forward to far cry 3 but haven't preordered yet. Any deals on that by any chance ?

if you like stealth games then yes it's definitely worth it

#19 Posted by biggest_loser (24047 posts) -
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

nooblet69

Have you played the two Batman games yet? Get those instead. Probably cheaper too.
#20 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

I would pick max payne 3 its shooting mechanics are amazing and it has tons of atmosphere.