• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by FelipeInside (25675 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

You most likely think all predictions is just a reflection of what the person wants.

Ok.

Well, whatever you predict or want, it's all good.

Just go re-read your posts and see that sometimes you are predicting, and sometimes you are saying the same thing but wanting. You seem to mix the two together.

So next time, don't feel frustrated when people second question your posts, because they are sometimes confusing.

#102 Posted by Addict187 (625 posts) -

MS is dam if they do or dam if they don't. The peep's will complain no matter what they do. ( what I have to upgrade this is crap) or Why are they stuck in the past when other company's have moved on" they dinosaurs blah blah blah same $hit new year

#103 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

@Addict187 said:

MS is dam if they do or dam if they don't. The peep's will complain no matter what they do. ( what I have to upgrade this is crap) or Why are they stuck in the past when other company's have moved on" they dinosaurs blah blah blah same $hit new year

Even though I don't really like Canonical, it's shocking how a comparatively poor company like Canonical can do an even better job at designing a single OS that works well across multiple platforms than a multi-billion dollar company like MS.

#104 Posted by FelipeInside (25675 posts) -

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@Addict187 said:

Even though I don't really like Canonical, it's shocking how a comparatively poor company like Canonical can do an even better job at designing a single OS that works well across multiple platforms than a multi-billion dollar company like MS.

Multiple platforms as in what?

Windows 8 works seamlessly across desktops, laptops and tablets, even syncing settings. Is that what you meant?

#105 Posted by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@Addict187 said:

Windows 8 works seamlessly across desktops, laptops and tablets, even syncing settings. Is that what you meant?

Yeah, desktops laptops tablets, and smartphones. But I think Ubuntu does it alittle better than Windows 8.

#106 Edited by FelipeInside (25675 posts) -

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@Addict187 said:

Yeah, desktops laptops tablets, and smartphones. But I think Ubuntu does it alittle better than Windows 8.

I can't say about Ubuntu cause I've only used the desktop version, but the Ubuntu phone isn't out yet so we can't test, and do they have a touch version?

#107 Edited by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

@Addict187 said:

I can't say about Ubuntu cause I've only used the desktop version, but the Ubuntu phone isn't out yet so we can't test, and do they have a touch version?

There is Ubuntu Touch for mobile, and I think the desktop version has touch support, because I saw a video of an employee using the desktop version on a big touchscreen monitor. It looks pretty darn good on phones I have to admit from what I've seen. It also has a Smart TV interface. So I guess if you installed it on any of those devices from the same ISO, it would install the appropriate UI.

#108 Posted by FelipeInside (25675 posts) -

@AlexKidd5000 said:

There is Ubuntu Touch for mobile, and I think the desktop version has touch support, because I saw a video of an employee using the desktop version on a big touchscreen monitor. It looks pretty darn good on phones I have to admit from what I've seen. It also has a Smart TV interface. So I guess if you installed it on any of those devices from the same ISO, it would install the appropriate UI.

Don't take this as me being rude, but if you haven't tested the OS on different platforms how can you know if it does things better than Windows 8? (have you tested Windows 8 on multiple platforms?)

As for the Smart TV Interface, that's cool but Windows has been doing that since XP (Media Center).

#109 Edited by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

@FelipeInside said:

@AlexKidd5000 said:

Don't take this as me being rude, but if you haven't tested the OS on different platforms how can you know if it does things better than Windows 8? (have you tested Windows 8 on multiple platforms?)

As for the Smart TV Interface, that's cool but Windows has been doing that since XP (Media Center).

Yeah, am judging based on how it looks, and videos of it in use, but it looks like it would be more comfortable to use, but then again, I haven't tried it. I've used 8 on a touchscreen, its ok, better than iOS. Canonical did a very good job considering they probably have alot less resources. And thats right, I forgot about media center.

#110 Posted by blaznwiipspman1 (6056 posts) -

i hope AMD doesn't give up on mantle, it still has a very solid future ahead of it. In fact I hope they partner up with steam and start developing mantle for steam os and linux in general. Its a decent investment imo and AMD doesn't have much to lose. Gamers will switch over to linux just to get away from MS charging $100 for a crap windows with a one time usage key.

They should consider also making mantle available to nvidia graphics card users, though that kind of decision needs to be made strategically.

#111 Posted by FelipeInside (25675 posts) -

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

i hope AMD doesn't give up on mantle, it still has a very solid future ahead of it. In fact I hope they partner up with steam and start developing mantle for steam os and linux in general. Its a decent investment imo and AMD doesn't have much to lose. Gamers will switch over to linux just to get away from MS charging $100 for a crap windows with a one time usage key.

They should consider also making mantle available to nvidia graphics card users, though that kind of decision needs to be made strategically.

One time usage key? huh? only OEM version has that.

#112 Edited by 04dcarraher (19681 posts) -

If Direct x 12 provides similar results in general as mantle does for pure AMD systems, AMD's mantle will be short lived because developers are not going to go out of their way to code games to use mantle and then having to use direct x anyways to reach everyone else. which is why proprietary based software coding like FX's Glide in general died many years ago and favored direct x and opengl since its easier to use and everyone in general can use them.

#113 Edited by AlexKidd5000 (1787 posts) -

I'm more looking forward to OpenGL being improved, making it more like Mantle, and DX12. Mainly for Linux support.