Diablo II disc question ...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaypakavelya
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts

I found a used copy of Diablo II with the expansion disc

I started by installing the regular game Diablo II , I created a character and played a couples of hours using the "play disc"

then I installed the expansion disc and now I cannot use the "Play Disc" anymore there is a error message saying that I have to insert the expansion disc ..

I tried to insert the expansion disc and it worked , I could play and continue my regular campaign and could also create a expansion character

My question is , is it normal that once you install the Expansion disc you can only use THAT disc in order to play Diablo II the regular game and the expansion ?

is it normal that I can't use my Diablo II "Play Disc" once the Expansion is installed ???

please help?

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Yeah,I´m pretty sure once you install LoD you´ll need that cd to run D2,so no biggie.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
Of course it's normal. The expansion also changed a lot of things in the Vanilla (Just Diablo 2 without the expansion) world and all it's data is found on the Expansions CD.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
You can make it work without discs, don't remember how it was exactly, but it was basically just copying most of the MPQ files from the disc to the game folder.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
You can make it work without discs, don't remember how it was exactly, but it was basically just copying most of the MPQ files from the disc to the game folder.DanielDust
and changing where to look for the cd via Registry.
jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaypakavelya

wow Thanks guys for the help !!! I am really enjoying the game , first time for me !

My PC is not strong enough to run Diablo III so I will have Diablo II at least !

thanks again

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

You can make it work without discs, don't remember how it was exactly, but it was basically just copying most of the MPQ files from the disc to the game folder.DanielDust

Or just download Blizzards official No Disc Patch for Diablo II.....saves a lot of work ;)

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You can make it work without discs, don't remember how it was exactly, but it was basically just copying most of the MPQ files from the disc to the game folder.Justforvisit

Or just download Blizzards official No Disc Patch for Diablo II.....saves a lot of work ;)

There's an official D2 no disc patch? Where? I NEED IT.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You can make it work without discs, don't remember how it was exactly, but it was basically just copying most of the MPQ files from the disc to the game folder.the_bi99man

Register serial number, download digital copy, install, done.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

[QUOTE="Justforvisit"]

DanielDust

Oh snap. Haha. I never even thought that they would provide digitial copies of old games like that. Whenever I play D2, I've been using my LOD disc that I bought on release day. It's been so long... So I can just uninstall my current installation, register my cd-keys on Battle.net, and download digital copies?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust

Yep, works for Starcraft Battlechest, War 3 + expansion, Diablo 2 + expansion and everything since WoW.

jaypakavelya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaypakavelya

whats wrong with using the disc anyway ?

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Nothing wrong iwth using the disc it's just convenient to have the digital version. Also Diablo 2 is way better than Diablo 3 so you're not really missing much.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"][QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

the_bi99man

Oh snap. Haha. I never even thought that they would provide digitial copies of old games like that. Whenever I play D2, I've been using my LOD disc that I bought on release day. It's been so long... So I can just uninstall my current installation, register my cd-keys on Battle.net, and download digital copies?

That's another way of doing it of course, but when you still need / want to check out the official no cd patch just look out for Patch 1.12, that should be it. Worked for me back then.