Diablo 2 - What is/was your favorite character class to play?

Posted by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) 11 months, 10 days ago

Poll: Diablo 2 - What is/was your favorite character class to play? (32 votes)

Amazon 6%
Assassin 6%
Barbarian 38%
Druid 3%
Necromancer 34%
Sorceress 13%
I can't decide! 0%

After replaying the game again, the Assasin is now my fav character class.

It used to be my Strafezon.

Please note, this is for Diablo 2 NOT 3.

#1 Posted by flipin_jackass (9726 posts) -

I'd say Barbarian. However, I enjoyed my Nerco and Amazon chars too.

#2 Edited by -Origin- (1816 posts) -

My barbarian was always my main in D2:LoD multiplayer, however my second and third fav's were druid and paladin.

#3 Edited by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

@-Origin- said:

My barbarian was always my main in D2:LoD multiplayer, however my second and third fav's were druid and paladin.

I do like Paladin alot as well

Crap, I forgot to put Paladin on the list :(

#4 Posted by jcknapier711 (380 posts) -

I always used only the Amazon or sorcie. But I started to really like the necromancer. The rest of the classes didn't really hold my interest.

#5 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Barb, obviously. In the decade I spent playing D2, I max-leveled at least one character of every class, but I got like 20-something Barbs up to 80+.

#6 Posted by PredatorRules (8140 posts) -

Sorceress, no paladin was too tough to crack with my lv21 lightning bolt :D

#7 Posted by soolkiki (1770 posts) -

I loved the Barb, though Necro was a close second! haha man, this is giving me a desire to play the game again!

#8 Posted by Postmortem123 (7704 posts) -

I always liked Druid on Median XL.

#9 Edited by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Barb was easily my most played and highest level (got to level 95).

I really enjoyed the necro too, but was never as successful with him as I was my barb.

TBH, I found all the classes in D2 to be great fun.

#10 Posted by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

Sorry guys that I forgot to include Paladin.....call it a senior moment

#11 Posted by soolkiki (1770 posts) -

@Cwagmire21 said:

Barb was easily my most played and highest level (got to level 95).

I really enjoyed the necro too, but was never as successful with him as I was my barb.

TBH, I found all the classes in D2 to be great fun.

I agree. This was basically my experience. The only thing that drove me insane were all the bots!

#12 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

That's the only reason it's not winning the vote too. :P

Gotta love all those hammerdins. I liked the FOH build when it was viable myself.

#13 Edited by xWoW_Rougex (2765 posts) -

Tough one, I always liked all of them. I think I'll vote for the necromancer because I always liked how they could have crap ton of minions. The sorceress is good one too, with all the different spells to specialize like that frost nova, or that frost orb, or the lightning... Yeah, I think I'mma go for the sorceress. Or maybe the amazon... Hmm...

#14 Edited by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

@Cwagmire21 said:

@AFBrat77 said:

That's the only reason it's not winning the vote too. :P

Gotta love all those hammerdins. I liked the FOH build when it was viable myself.

The irony is.....I love the Paladin as well, in fact when I rebooted D2 a few weeks ago that was my first character, just somehow forgot to put it on.

I'm not so sure it would be winning though. I've never played a hammerdin, maybe I will this time.

#15 Edited by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Sorceress, though she can be incredibly annoying at times too. Frozen Orb is SO much fun.

#16 Edited by Ballroompirate (23031 posts) -

Loved my Tornado/Hurricane Druid.

#17 Edited by _SKatEDiRt_ (2589 posts) -

I dont know i cant get it to go fullscreen on windows 7 so i wont play it

#18 Posted by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

You can play it in a window can't you?

#19 Edited by _SKatEDiRt_ (2589 posts) -

@AFBrat77 said:

@_SKatEDiRt_ said:

You can play it in a window can't you?

Well i made it to level 15 or something and stopped. its just irritating in a window ya know

#20 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1347 posts) -

Paladin with Barbarian a close second

#21 Posted by Gladestone1 (5550 posts) -

Necro was always a cool class to play..Barb is always my firest pick..Really wish d3 would've been a little more like d2 only add more to it..I hate what they did to d3 realy that skill system is turn off..Its crazy im hopeful that expansion pack puts things right but I dought it...D2 was far superior a game..Its a shame really..Ya it does make you want to get back into the game..Only graphically its aging..Just like baldurs gate aged d2 has aged..

#22 Posted by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

@Gladestone1 said:

Necro was always a cool class to play..Barb is always my firest pick..Really wish d3 would've been a little more like d2 only add more to it..I hate what they did to d3 realy that skill system is turn off..Its crazy im hopeful that expansion pack puts things right but I dought it...D2 was far superior a game..Its a shame really..Ya it does make you want to get back into the game..Only graphically its aging..Just like baldurs gate aged d2 has aged..

Its a game where you forget the dated graphics very quickly...its all about the addicting gameplay.

I have been doing NM Andy/ Meph runs all day with my sorceress....and I wasnt even gonna play today. I have to exercise more willpower.

#23 Edited by AFBrat77 (24137 posts) -

Such an addicting game, might be time to break th CD ;)

#24 Posted by Arthas045 (5251 posts) -

I really enjoyed the Necromancer!

#25 Posted by CWEBB04z (4590 posts) -

Druid.

#26 Edited by soolkiki (1770 posts) -

Necro

Edit: hahaha Necro thread, I mean...

#27 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3663 posts) -

Where is Paladin .?

Now I'll have to go with Necromancer , he kicked some serious ass .

#28 Posted by Warlord_Irochi (1270 posts) -

Necro and Barb were my main, although I played all of them to an acceptable degree.

#29 Edited by mep69 (1868 posts) -

Mine was the Barbarian. However, i hate the Barbarian is Diablo 3. It just doesn't feel right sadly :(

#30 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

I really like all the classes in the game. Paladin was my favorite though. Especially once I made a Hammerdin. :P

#31 Edited by Postosuchus (176 posts) -

The necromancer in this game is one of the few I can think of in videogames that allowed the player to actually feel like one. As in, hordes of minions actually created from bodies instead of 1 or 2 spawned out of thin air.

#32 Posted by Prexxus (1443 posts) -

Diablo 2 my fav was barbarian for sure. In D3 I really like the monk though I'm really starting to fall in love with the Crusader!

#33 Edited by madrocketeer (2636 posts) -

Martial Arts Assassin. Admittedly not the most practical of characters, but playing my MA Assassin was the most fun I ever had in my Diablo II playing days.